2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

Is Ealy leaving or is he going to share carries at Ole Miss?

@texifornia what is the pitch count reference?

At TCU he simply wouldn't be on the field for like half of the game, even when he was playing well. He'd just stop at around 20 carries: https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4685035/zach-evans

The Texas game was an obvious example - he was gashing us, and then just stopped playing even as we ran Bijan down their throats. No indication of injury or anything like that.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

At TCU he simply wouldn't be on the field for like half of the game, even when he was playing well. He'd just stop at around 20 carries: https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4685035/zach-evans

The Texas game was an obvious example - he was gashing us, and then just stopped playing even as we ran Bijan down their throats. No indication of injury or anything like that.

Boyd or somebody suggested he was taking himself out of the game frequently  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't believe Ealy is a Junior. Fucking time and it's insistence on flying. 

Talk about a twisted recruitment.

Ealy committed to play for the innovated and charismatic Matt Luke. Luke's career has really taken off as he remains an OL coach.

Just now, quigley said:

Talk about a twisted recruitment.

Ealy committed to play for the innovated and charismatic Matt Luke. Luke's career has really taken off as he remains an OL coach.

Was it really that weird? Ole Miss took the gamble he'd forego the MLB draft and treated him like a priority when other schools were backing off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Was it really that weird? Ole Miss took the gamble he'd forego the MLB draft and treated him like a priority when other schools were backing off.

Committed, decommitted, committed

Visited Bama and Clemson in January so I don't think anyone backed off. From the outside, this looked like the prototype "Mississippi recruitment."

6 minutes ago, quigley said:

Visited Bama and Clemson in January so I don't think anyone backed off. From the outside, this looked like the prototype "Mississippi recruitment."

I can see the perception, but his recruitment was cleaner than your average bear with those schools. Good family, went to a nice private school in Jackson, really valued the dual-sport flexibility at Ole Miss and that a lot of his high school friends went there.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, quigley said:

Mississippi kids are always tricky recruitments, even for the Bama and Georgia types 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Well, that whittles the list down to OU, Mizzou and Nebraska for Casey. 

Don't leave Auburn off the finalist list even though they've shown exactly zero interest.  

Wasn't TCU rumored an option at one point?  I know dad left them off the list in that interview but I thought they made a lot of sense. 

11 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Wasn't TCU rumored an option at one point?  I know dad left them off the list in that interview but I thought they made a lot of sense. 

Wouldn't make a lot of sense for his dad to send him into a QB room with Duggan and Morris. I bet Morris starts pulling away in that competition in the Spring and Duggan portals.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Wouldn't make a lot of sense for his dad to send him into a QB room with Duggan and Morris. I bet Morris starts pulling away in that competition in the Spring and Duggan portals.

Totally-  for some reason I had incorrectly been thinking Duggan was older/gone.  Feels like he has been there longer than three seasons.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I know Auburn told the world he lied, but one day after his statement, 2 of the schools Charles Thompson said were options for Casey chose someone else. 

Has no one considered that maybe Casey believed so strongly in Harsin's vision that he was willing to walk on and earn his scholarship?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is Auburn's O-line good enough to give him some time to pass every once in awhile? I thought he looked pretty damn good after the first few games.

He'll focus on the Aggie game like he did on the Alabama game last year. I'll be watching.

He improved a bunch during the season, but he had a very real ceiling. He looked like crap vs LSU, but looked like Brett Favre Jr vs Bama. 

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He improved a bunch during the season, but he had a very real ceiling. He looked like crap vs LSU, but looked like Brett Favre Jr vs Bama. 

He does have an elite arm. Ball doesnt always hit its target, but it gets there in a hurry.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)