2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Big 5th year kid, pretty highly rated coming out of Aledo.  Played in 39 games.  11 starts, including 4 last year.

Listed at 6-6, 37.  Doesn't seem to have played tackle at UM.  His UM roster bio:

At Michigan
• Three-year letterman (2018-19-20)
• Appeared in 39 career games, with eight starts at left guard and three at right guard

Fifth-year Senior (2021)
• Started at right guard against Western Michigan (Sept. 4), Northwestern (Oct. 23), at Nebraska (Oct. 9)
• Played snaps at right guard against Washington (Sept.11), Rutgers (Sept. 25)
• Earned snaps at left guard against Northern Illinois (Sept. 18), at Wisconsin (Oct. 2)
• Special teams contributor against Indiana (Nov. 6), Ohio State (Nov. 27), at Michigan State (Oct. 30), at Penn State (Nov. 13)
• Started at left guard and played on special teams at Maryland (Nov. 20)
• Played snaps at right guard against Iowa in the Big Ten Championship Game (Dec. 4)

Senior (2020)
• Started all six games at left guard and also played on special teams to earn his third varsity letter
• Started at left guard against Michigan State (Oct. 31), Wisconsin (Nov. 14), Penn State (Nov. 28), at Minnesota (Oct. 24), at Indiana (Nov. 7), at Rutgers (Nov. 21)
• Played both guard spots against Penn State (Nov. 28)

Junior (2019)
• Appeared in 12 games, playing along the offensive line in four and contributing on special teams in 12 to earn his second varsity letter
• Played left guard and also contributed on special teams against Middle Tennessee State (Aug. 31), Notre Dame (Oct. 26), and against Alabama in the Vrbo Citrus Bowl (Jan. 1)
• Contributed on special teams against Army (Sept. 7), Iowa (Oct. 5), Michigan State (Nov. 16), Ohio State (Nov. 30), at Illinois (Oct. 12), at Penn State (Oct. 19) at Maryland (Nov. 2), and at Indiana (Nov. 23)
• Played right guard and contributed on special teams against Rutgers (Sept. 28)

Sophomore (2018)
• Appeared in nine games, played left guard in four and special teams in six to earn his first varsity letter
• Academic All-Big Ten honoree
• Played left guard in his debut along the offensive line against Western Michigan (Sept. 😎
• Played snaps at left guard and on special teams against Nebraska (Sept. 22), Maryland (Oct. 6), and Penn State (Nov. 3)
• Contributed on special teams against Notre Dame (Sept. 1), Western Michigan (Sept. 8), SMU (Sept. 15), Northwestern (Sept. 29), Wisconsin (Oct. 13), at Michigan State (Oct. 20) 

Freshman (2017)
• Did not see game action 

Prep
• Attended Aledo High School (2017) coached by Steve Wood
• Led Aledo to the 2016 Texas Division II Class 5A State Championship
• As a senior, led an offensive line that helped the offense produce 3,851 yards through the air and 4,656 yards on the ground, blocking for two 1,000-yard rushers, in 16 games
• In six playoff games, Aledo rushed for 1,698 yards, averaging 7.5 yards per carry, as well as throwing for 1165 yards

Honors and Rankings
• ESPN four-star prospect, ranked as the No. 137 prospect nationally and No. 14 at offensive tackle
• Rivals four-star recruit, rated as the No. 118 overall player and the No. 14 prospect in Texas
• 247.com four-star prospect, rated as the No. 98 player nationally and the No. 14 prospect at offensive tackle
• PrepStar four-star recruit and rated as the No. 124 player nationally
• Played in the 2017 U.S. Army All-American Bowl
• Played in the inaugural Polynesian Bowl on Jan. 22, 2017
• 2015 and 2016 Texas Class 5A Second-Team All-State
• Member of the PrepStar Top 150 Dream Team
• Named USA Today All-USA Texas first-team as a senior
• Selected to the Class 5A All-State second-team in 2016
• Named to the All-Inland first team as a junior in California

Personal
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, majoring in American Culture

You left out Turn Ons , Turn Offs, and Ambitions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I mentioned the Billingsley thing up thread but a few other things as well:

-Belmont thinks the Sanders smoke bomb from Bama to Austin is done. 

-You may well read about stories anew regarding JoJo Earle, JSN, and Addison. You should be from Missouri on all three of them. 

-It sounds like there's a scary amount of confidence regarding Neyor. 

I guess I wish I had more faith in this staff to buy into their apparent certitude.

Any rumblings with the safety from CMU?

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

To these points, the player is like 21 or 22 years old and it is the year 2022. No one gives a shit, just say he's got some kids he wants to stay close to in Michigan. Whoever wrote that probably wears a monocle while typing. 

Maybe he really is into young boys….

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don't believe so. Brown (the LB) has kids so is wanting to stay close to home. Similar to Cowing (the WR we never pursued).

I haven't read anything about kids for Reed (the safety)

Check his twitter account - Reed mentions having a daughter.  Haven't seen any of the 9.95'ers mention it yet though.

From an interview:

Why do you play football? Who or what motivates you the most?
I play because I fell in love with the game at a young age, playing ball in the backyard with my family and friends. The people that motivate me are my mother, sisters, niece, nephew and my 3 week-old daughter. I hope to leave a legacy and help provide for them in the future.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/devonni-reed/

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Big 5th year kid, pretty highly rated coming out of Aledo.  Played in 39 games.  11 starts, including 4 last year.

Listed at 6-6, 370.  Doesn't seem to have played tackle at UM.  His UM roster bio:

At Michigan
• Appeared in 39 career games, with eight starts at left guard and three at right guard

Fifth-year Senior (2021)
• Started at right guard against Western Michigan (Sept. 4), Northwestern (Oct. 23), at Nebraska (Oct. 9)
• Earned snaps at left guard against Northern Illinois (Sept. 18), at Wisconsin (Oct. 2)
• Special teams contributor against Indiana (Nov. 6), Ohio State (Nov. 27), at Michigan State (Oct. 30), at Penn State (Nov. 13)
• Played snaps at right guard against Iowa in the Big Ten Championship Game (Dec. 4)

Senior (2020)
• Started all six games at left guard and also played on special teams to earn his third varsity letter
• Started at left guard against Michigan State (Oct. 31), Wisconsin (Nov. 14), Penn State (Nov. 28), at Minnesota (Oct. 24), at Indiana (Nov. 7), at Rutgers (Nov. 21)

Junior (2019)
• Appeared in 12 games, playing along the offensive line in four and contributing on special teams in 12 to earn his second varsity letter
• Played left guard and also contributed on special teams against Middle Tennessee State (Aug. 31), Notre Dame (Oct. 26), and against Alabama in the Vrbo Citrus Bowl (Jan. 1)
• Contributed on special teams against Army (Sept. 7), Iowa (Oct. 5), Michigan State (Nov. 16), Ohio State (Nov. 30), at Illinois (Oct. 12), at Penn State (Oct. 19) at Maryland (Nov. 2), and at Indiana (Nov. 23)
• Played right guard and contributed on special teams against Rutgers (Sept. 28)

Sophomore (2018)
• Appeared in nine games, played left guard in four and special teams in six to earn his first varsity letter
• Played left guard in his debut along the offensive line against Western Michigan (Sept. 😎
• Played snaps at left guard and on special teams against Nebraska (Sept. 22), Maryland (Oct. 6), and Penn State (Nov. 3)
• Contributed on special teams against Notre Dame (Sept. 1), Western Michigan (Sept. 8), SMU (Sept. 15), Northwestern (Sept. 29), Wisconsin (Oct. 13), at Michigan State (Oct. 20) 

Freshman (2017)

Personal
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, majoring in American Culture

PASS.  No nerds allowed.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

-Belmont thinks the Sanders smoke bomb from Bama to Austin is done

-You may well read about stories anew regarding JoJo Earle, JSN, and Addison. You should be from Missouri on all three of them. 

I guess I wish I had more faith in this staff to buy into their apparent certitude.

Great pick up if true. 11-1 incoming though.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

could somehow see Addison, even though the Biletnikoff winner transferring would normally be ludicrous

Has an reigning major award winner ever transferred?

First we had All Americans next will be major award winners and finally we will see a Heisman winner transfer by 2027 I would bet.

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Listed at 6-6, 370.  Doesn't seem to have played tackle at UM.  His UM roster bio:

At Michigan

Fifth-year Senior (2021)

Senior (2020)

Junior (2019)

Sophomore (2018)

Freshman (2017)
• Did not see game action 

Prep
• Attended Aledo High School (2017) coached by Steve Wood
• Led Aledo to the 2016 Texas Division II Class 5A State Championship
• As a senior, led an offensive line that helped the offense produce 3,851 yards through the air and 4,656 yards on the ground, blocking for two 1,000-yard rushers, in 16 games
• In six playoff games, Aledo rushed for 1,698 yards, averaging 7.5 yards per carry, as well as throwing for 1165 yards

Honors and Rankings
• ESPN four-star prospect, ranked as the No. 137 prospect nationally and No. 14 at offensive tackle
• Rivals four-star recruit, rated as the No. 118 overall player and the No. 14 prospect in Texas
• 247.com four-star prospect, rated as the No. 98 player nationally and the No. 14 prospect at offensive tackle
• PrepStar four-star recruit and rated as the No. 124 player nationally
• Played in the 2017 U.S. Army All-American Bowl
• Played in the inaugural Polynesian Bowl on Jan. 22, 2017
• 2015 and 2016 Texas Class 5A Second-Team All-State
• Member of the PrepStar Top 150 Dream Team
• Named USA Today All-USA Texas first-team as a senior
• Selected to the Class 5A All-State second-team in 2016
• Named to the All-Inland first team as a junior in California

Personal

mgoblog guys like him. His versatility and experience would make him a useful player anywhere. Probably looking to start somewhere because Michigan's interior line is full because they got that C from UVa to replace their only (I think) departing starter.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, J.Peterman said:

Agree that if we could get Drew Sanders, that'd be huge. 

Then we just need someone to step up with a big NIL deal for Billy Bowman's softball playing girlfriend.  I'd like to see what he could do at WR here, given that was supposedly part of the allure (along with the girlfriend) to going with OU.   I saw those 2 and Ja'Tavion play together for Denton Ryan in a game against a friend's kid.  They demolished them like 80 to negative 12.  It was insane.

OU's WR room is so empty I was thinking he'd get a look there this year. I'm not sure he's big enough to play defense at the highest level of CFB.

It would be a huge shock if his GF left. She got a good chance to be AA this year for another top 3 team.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You have no burnt ends flair, sir. Is that on purpose?  

Nah if you’re treefiddy and burnt ends when one of them renews the other goes away then when the other renews it takes it’s place. @immamac should just give me a permanent “I made this shit” flare (and yes I’m double tree fiddy and burnt ends points, money where my mouth is and all)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

-Belmont thinks the Sanders smoke bomb from Bama to Austin is done. 

I assume your Bama staff friend is aware of Billingsley so I’m sure Bama is working on the issue.

11 hours ago, quigley said:

mgoblog guys like him. His versatility and experience would make him a useful player anywhere. Probably looking to start somewhere because Michigan's interior line is full because they got that C from UVa to replace their only (I think) departing starter.

If he wouldn't be an immediate upgrade my name isn't Colonel Zachary T. Horsefeathers.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Nah if you’re treefiddy and burnt ends when one of them renews the other goes away then when the other renews it takes it’s place. @immamac should just give me a permanent “I made this shit” flare (and yes I’m double tree fiddy and burnt ends points, money where my mouth is and all)

Belt and suspenders.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)