2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Real sad trombone of a career. Apparently he was practicing at DB. At least we'll always have Kendal Briles and "do you like white girls?"

I think he actually started at DB for Mizzou in their bowl game. He definitely played on defense because I saw him get hurt on a defensive play and thought to myself there's no way that is the same Shawn Robinson. Had to google to confirm that it was.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

He was in the same class as Ehlinger right? Crazy he still has eligibility. 

It's only weird because of the covid year. It isn't that crazy. If Sam RSed and used his free covid year he could have played this year and been eligible to return for next year. 

But he's busy cashing checks in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's only weird because of the covid year. It isn't that crazy. If Sam RSed and used his free covid year he could have played this year and been eligible to return for next year. 

But he's busy cashing checks in the NFL. 

What a selfish asshole. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Wish he would come here. Good kid. Good family. He’s from Plant City. Coached against him when he was younger. Hell of an athlete he’s probably somewhere Florida bound 

Somehow 247 saw what he did as a freshman and lowered his ranking. He's probably got to decide soon if he's going to play baseball this spring.

Too few targets (48) and a high catch rate (35 receptions; neither number includes bowl game). Should've been used in the return game too.

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/daniel-imatorbhebhe/8010

Announcers said there was one other in FBS but I didn't hear them say the name. Probably the same deal though. Redshirt plus medical redshirt plus COVID super senior year.

Jordan Shipley could have played here forever if he had just been smarter and been born later. This Imatorbhebhe guy just played his bowl game at 25 years of age with no Mormon mission required.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One of the most angering recruitments and aftermaths from the Herman era is JSN, to me. Texas looked at him very early and had him on campus, didn't feel like he was anything special and moved on. By the time they decided he was worthy of a full court press, so had everybody else and he committed and then signed with OSU. 

Then JSN isn't happy at OSU and puts feelers out about coming to Texas under Sarkisian last spring. Eventually, Ketchum and Roach get wind of it and in their own ways lead to the OSU staff figuring out that JSN was thinking about leaving and re-recruit him to stay. 

Mike Roach will continue to cost Texas on the recruiting and transfer front in the future because he is a fucking rube. He is extremely literal and views himself as some sort of moral compass to journalism. So, the minute he hears anything, the first thing he's going to try to do is "verify" the rumor. He has never, and will never, reach the basic understanding that sometimes, if not all of the time, the first thing you do is: shut the fuck up, pause, and think through the game of it all. I know expecting game theory analysis to come from most people is folly on my part, and especially a dumb robot like Roach, but a little of it would be nice.

Maybe ask yourself, Roach: "Am I an asshole? Are my kids a mess? Is my wife a money-grubbing whore?" I mean, those are questions, right? "Have I ever been good to the program I'm paid to cover or am I just now pretending to be? If I start fumbling around with this guy's circle or calling $9.95ers covering the school where he's at, am I fucking up this for the program?"

Anyway, and fuck Ketchum too.

You mean reporting the name of the in-home mystery recruit committed to another school (Terrance Brooks) when he found out while other sites were sitting on it was a bad idea? 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

You mean reporting the name of the in-home mystery recruit committed to another school (Terrance Brooks) when he found out while other sites were sitting on it was a bad idea? 

Oh or being the first person to put Quinn Ewers name out there before he hit the portal

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh or being the first person to put Quinn Ewers name out there before he hit the portal

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the three of us plus some others on this board knew about both of those things or at least one of them and stayed away from it here. I'm not paid for a fucking thing I do around this hobby, but that also means I have way less responsibilities with the info than a fucker employed as a content creator for this stuff. Just don't fuck the school up that you're cheering for or getting paid to cover. It's basic.

Roach is becoming the oblivious non-purposeful problem mirroring Ketchum's completely intentional buttfucking that he lays down on Texas. Both are pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the three of us plus some others on this board knew about both of those things or at least one of them and stayed away from it here. I'm not paid for a fucking thing I do around this hobby, but that also means I have way less responsibilities with the info than a fucker employed as a content creator for this stuff. Just don't fuck the school up that you're cheering for or getting paid to cover. It's basic.

Roach is becoming the oblivious non-purposeful problem mirroring Ketchum's completely intentional buttfucking that he lays down on Texas. Both are pathetic.

Counterpoint: everyone know that Alabama is tampering with Boutte at LSU, but I would bet that he will still play for Bama. It seems like Bama is able to overrcome these open secrets. Maybe, they pay more but maybe that’s what needs to happen with our program.

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Counterpoint: everyone know that Alabama is tampering with Boutte at LSU, but I would bet that he will still play for Bama. It seems like Bama is able to overrcome these open secrets. Maybe, they pay more but maybe that’s what needs to happen with our program.

That is because Bama is a 10. OSU is a 9. Texas and LSU are 7s right now. It doesnt take much more than a low-cut dress for a 9 to thwart a 7. A 7 has to do a lot of shameful things to keep their man from a 10. 

• Haha 1

Roach doesn't give a fuck about Texas. We laugh at Liucci, Drumm, Kennedy, Yeager, et al but those guys genuinely love the institutions that they are covering and, in some instances, break federal fucking law in subservience to them.

We need to setup Roach with an bullshit gig at THSCA like blog editor, or some other vehicle to lick high school coach taint, then fund an NIL deal to go to the least talented player with the most team spirit that also somehow commits them to a journalism degree. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Roach doesn't give a fuck about Texas. We laugh at Liucci, Drumm, Kennedy, Yeager, et al but those guys genuinely love the institutions that they are covering and, in some instances, break federal fucking law in subservience to them.

We need to setup Roach with an bullshit gig at THSCA like blog editor, or some other vehicle to lick high school coach taint, then fund an NIL deal to go to the least talented player with the most team spirit that also somehow commits them to a journalism degree. 

This. Unfortunately in a lot of ways Texas has no one that covers UT in the media who gives a shit about Texas. They all fall over themselves to out secret news, vote down Texas or Texas players to appear impartial and generally go out of their way to needle/fuck with the program.

Liucci's knob gobbling ass is at one extreme of the spectrum, Texas' coverage sits at the other, I am just looking for a bit of a happy fucking medium.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/daniel-imatorbhebhe/8010

Announcers said there was one other in FBS but I didn't hear them say the name. Probably the same deal though. Redshirt plus medical redshirt plus COVID super senior year.

Jordan Shipley could have played here forever if he had just been smarter and been born later. This Imatorbhebhe guy just played his bowl game at 25 years of age with no Mormon mission required.

probs Luc Bequette at Cal.  Just finished his 7th year

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

We should have 0 shame at this point, we need to be willing to do ATM, DVDA, rusty trombone, dirty sanchez, whatever the fuck it takes.  

DVDA?  What is that? 

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

This. Unfortunately in a lot of ways Texas has no one that covers UT in the media who gives a shit about Texas. They all fall over themselves to out secret news, vote down Texas or Texas players to appear impartial and generally go out of their way to needle/fuck with the program.

Liucci's knob gobbling ass is at one extreme of the spectrum, Texas' coverage sits at the other, I am just looking for a bit of a happy fucking medium.

Bobby Burton is that guy for us. I don’t think anyone over at IT wants anything but what’s best for the program. 

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

We should have 0 shame at this point, we need to be willing to do ATM, DVDA, rusty trombone, dirty sanchez, whatever the fuck it takes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Please, please, please, please let Charles find a way to get Casey in that QB room at Oklahoma. 

Let’s not do this and just wish him well. . 

Same thing make you laugh make you cry. . And with Texas Luck he’ll be the one 

• Hook 'Em 6

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Real sad trombone of a career. Apparently he was practicing at DB. At least we'll always have Kendal Briles and "do you like white girls?"

When this cat was around 16 years old I thought he was going to be the next VY, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Shows how very little I know (as if that were in doubt). 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)