2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

10 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

So you would be ok with athletes in the NFL, MLB, and the NBA being able to up and leave a team whenever they wanted for no reason at all?  I'm guessing not idiot.

If OU had any balls, they'd pull the fucker's scholarship right now and tell him to go to hell.

Did you know in the pro leagues they have something called contracts? The players sign for a # of years and are paid accordingly.  In college, contracts don't exist.  Hard to believe someone on a sports forum didn't know this. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I knew McKenzie Milton & Dillon Gabriel were both from Hawaii but I never knew they went to the same high school. Free useless trivia for all you guys.

A good friend of mine grew up in Mililani. Sounds like Oklahoma-by-the-Sea:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXzIuBBvLDq/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by texifornia

37 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

So you would be ok with athletes in the NFL, MLB, and the NBA being able to up and leave a team whenever they wanted for no reason at all?  I'm guessing not idiot.

If OU had any balls, they'd pull the fucker's scholarship right now and tell him to go to hell.

I mean, the portal has existed before this year. I’m fine with it. 

i suppose you’ll be publicly on the record as saying you wish we hadn’t landed Quinn Ewers, and we should pull his scholly because the portal is ruining the college game?

Are you perchance 70+? Penchant for shaking your fist at clouds?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

When a guy makes the type of impression that Gabriel did on your fan base, it is tough to let go. Between the commitment tweet and the likes of UCLA tweets, the memories will always be there to cherish. 

It’s not about the play on the field, but the tweets he liked along the way.

33 minutes ago, Moderator said:

Did you know in the pro leagues they have something called contracts? The players sign for a # of years and are paid accordingly.  In college, contracts don't exist.  Hard to believe someone on a sports forum didn't know this. 

Yeah, I know that jackass. Need something similar in the college game.  Maybe not as ironclad but something to prevent college kids from transferring on a whim.  And I know it helped us this year with Ewers, but who is to say he won’t transfer next year when he is offered more money to go to another school.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cabowabo said:

Yeah, I know that jackass. Need something similar in the college game.  Maybe not as ironclad but something to prevent college kids from transferring on a whim.  And I know it helped us this year with Ewers, but who is to say he won’t transfer next year when he is offered more money to go to another school.  

You only get the free transfer once.  If you take a younger portal guy he’s a lot more likely to stick around than an incoming freshman who can transfer with no penalty.

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Because then there is a one-year punishment, genius. You only get one free transfer.

8 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

That would be something.

What would really be something is if Williams announced he was staying at OU, Gabriel didn’t flip back to UCLA, and during the season Lebby played favorites with Gabriel and Williams created locker room cancer.   That would be something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Moderator said:

I heard that some coaches have those, and that’s why coaches never go from one team to another unexpectedly.  And I know that college coaches have contracts because I just read a post on here that chip Kelly has one. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

That would be something.

19 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Caleb Williams revenge against Riley would be something I’d actually watch

LOL

Williams going to UCLA would be revenge, because going to UCLA right now would not achieve the aims he's stated -- development, winning, NIL. Kelly's contract and it's expiration have been discussed so Williams could be playing for a 3rd coach in 3 years. What QB has Kelly put into the league? DTR never really developed. UCLA hasn't come close to winning its division, let alone it's conference or anything bigger.

Going to UCLA would be dissonant with the rest of his decisions.

Edited by quigley

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

LOL

Williams going to UCLA would be revenge, because going to UCLA right now would not achieve the aims he's stated -- development, winning, NIL. Kelly's contract and it's expiration have been discussed so Williams could be playing for a 3rd coach in 3 years. What QB has Kelly put into the league? DTR never really developed. UCLA hasn't come close to winning its division, let alone it's conference or anything bigger.

Lol…you sad

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

LOL

It’s obviously not a realistic option- you didn’t put it in your stupid fucking poll.

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

So to make college less like the pros you want to make it…more like the pros??

Caleb Williams Transfer Destination Power Rankings

1. Notre Dame- Sue me I like Notre Dame blame Rudy. Best path to the playoff and wont have to go through SEC gauntlet

2. Auburn- Once every ten years or so Auburn saves enough money to afford a generational QB to take down big bad Bama. Might be cool

3. The U- CFB is more fun with big bad Miami

POWER GAP

4. Florida- Napier seems legit and they've been mediocre long enough 

5. Tennessee- Id be kinda down with any of the fringe blueblood SEC schools bringing the war to Bama LSU UGA

POWER GAP

7-99 anywhere else

POWER GAP

999. Nebraska- Come on what a waste

POWER GAP

99999. Georgia- Some KD to the Warriors shit

POWER GAP

9999999999999. [sp] aggy [/sp]

21 minutes ago, quigley said:

Quite the opposite. I'll remain a Caleb Williams fan, but I'm happy that the drama surrounding him ended with a QB that fits the new offense.

Plus OU got Todd Bates today!

Sad is not this man losing Caleb Williams from the team. Sad is him coming here to talk about it. Man writes paragraph after paragraph about OU football on a Texas site. That’s like an OU fan posting up at Cain and Abel’s on the reg. What did your homies do to you? I’m half joking but also half curious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tell everyone you haven’t read the thread before posting. I’ll save you the time, Mumpfield committed to Pitt already. 

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mumpfield already committed to Pitt.

Yea, im not reading all that…. Thanks for telling me though 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)