2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Lol no fucking way. Losing a top 3 offensive mind in CFB for a guy that has never developed his own scheme and has called plays all of one year. Then throw in a clear downgrade from Williams to Gabriel. Then throw in the mass exodus of skill position players. I can understand your desire to be hopeful but that hope should come from the defensive side of the ball improving. If you think there is a 1% chance of them being a better offense next year you have been sampling too much of Oklahomas main export

I also don't understand the love affair with Gabriel. He was good at UCF when they had a talent advantage on the rest of their league. He's nothing special, and as you stated, he's a massive downgrade from Rattler, let alone, Williams. Then you factor in that Lebby, got his last QB hurt in his final game of the college career, and Gabriel is coming off of a broken collarbone that saw him miss almost the entire year. I wouldn't say the OU OL is elite, and their RB coach thinks blitz pickup is a fad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I sure as fuck would, James may or may not be a jag, but Tommy isn't.  The last 12 years are a cold clamp around my heart and soul.  Forgive the kids, fuck the father.

Weird choice, but you left out who you would kill?

Edit: Wait, you're killing the mom in this situation?

Edited by KYHorn
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - Watch quigley Anxiously Shit Himself In Real Time
10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is what you default to when your arguments and specious positions start falling flat - projection and virtue signaling. "If you're rich, you must be a bad person and people only like you because of that." You don't know a fucking thing about me or my story, hillbilly. I never said I was rich and don't lay a claim on the premise. Whether someone has money or not, it means not a thing in regard to their ability to sniff out someone else's silly bullshit and call them on it. 

You've had your pants pulled down repeatedly on this board over the time in which you started posting. It has nothing to do with the character or socioeconomic position of those mocking your shitty and insipid positions. It has everything to do with you repeatedly pulling the bookshelf on top of yourself with laughably bad takes and then trying to wordsmith your way around them with posters who are more intelligent than you and better skilled at BBS rhetoric.

Once that starts really failing, we wind up here, where you're questioning other peoples' character and calling them small men of low moral fiber. Why? Because they found your idiotic stanning for Caleb Williams, and acting like PeeWee Herman shouting "we meant to do that!" when Lincoln Riley waved the deuce to your mouthbreathing fanbase and headed to the left coast, humorous. 

In any event, please continue to mix in your hobo-level version of being this board's GK Chesterton to your posts. It's unintentionally hilarious.

Now now be nice to the retarded kid.

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

how much have you bled for the UT football program? take your time. 

One time, before they installed the handrails on the west side upper deck, I was drunk and taking the trek up to row 54. My sherpa had deserted me down at basecamp, so I had to walk it alone. I tripped and scraped up my knee pretty bad. Not only did I spill blood, but I also spilled my just-poured jack and coke.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/3/2022 at 3:20 PM, Tex-19 said:

I mean clearly the odds of us landing him are low, but I wouldn't just assume he's gonna blindly follow wherever Caleb wants to go. He's gonna want his own NIL and play somewhere that uses WRs 

You were saying?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The only reason they're not "officially" entered is that the school has 48 hours to enter them, correct?

The program has a certain amount of time to enter them, and then it usually takes another certain amount of time for the portal to post it

Once NIL is up and running everywhere will the bag game have anywhere near its present influence?
It wont need it's present influence to still be effective. Simply match your biggest recruiting rivals NIL, sweeten the deal with bags. Of course some teams will rely on bags to supplement NIL more than others, but thats really no different than it was pre-NIL.

Just now, Fud said:

The program has a certain amount of time to enter them, and then it usually takes another certain amount of time for the portal to post it

And in this instance we know that someone is sitting in the OU offices with a countdown timer waiting until the last possible minute to enter Williams's name to the portal while Castiglione blows up his cell phone pitching "blockbuster NIL deals." Which Joe believes stands for Naked In Locker rooms, which Joe will promise to handle with Caleb personally. 

• Haha 1

Eighteen year olds care about fitting in, being able to hang with people with whom they share interests and experiences. They care about "shorties." Cash and the NFL are important, but you'll be able to get that + "shorties" in SoCal.
BTW, I'm not rooting for SC's or Oregon's success. OU's plucked good players out of California for decades, and these programs will probably make that harder. I'll follow Riley's progress closely though because it's an interesting story.
If this were true, HBCU's would have landed their first 5* player long before 2021.

12 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 12/28/2021 at 10:12 PM, quigley said:
Eighteen year olds care about fitting in, being able to hang with people with whom they share interests and experiences. They care about "shorties." Cash and the NFL are important, but you'll be able to get that + "shorties" in SoCal.
BTW, I'm not rooting for SC's or Oregon's success. OU's plucked good players out of California for decades, and these programs will probably make that harder. I'll follow Riley's progress closely though because it's an interesting story.

If this were true, HBCU's would have landed their first 5* player long before 2021.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Fud said:

College football quantum entanglement. These players are both in the portal and not in the portal. This brief paradox as specified by the Copenhagen Interpretation is the same phenomenon that allows aggies to claim conference championships without playing in the necessary conference championship games. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Looks great, if you're willing to tolerate the whole "kicked off his team" thing.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/kobe-hudson-auburn-football-179774495/

What an explanation:

Hudson ended the post with, "He from the north I’m from the south he don’t understand me."

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

i don't necessarily think Caleb goes to Miami.  but if he does, i gotta think Uncle Luke is a factor.  he's desperate to get the U back in the mix.  you gotta think he's gonna fund some NIL program.

maybe Luke Records needs some pitchmen.

I can see his improvisational approach to punctuation, capitalization, and the English language as a whole is an inspiration to quite a few guys on this board.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Getafix said:

In a thread about a rumor that Miami wasn't interested in Williams.

image.thumb.png.51628ff7b7a3ef02ecd4523de122ff7f.png

It's always sad watching $9.95ers get used for false flag planting from players, recruits, uncles, and parents. I mean, I'm not sad for them. I'm merely sad for the collapse of humanity that they represent, and that I will occasionally read and participate with it. From reading Drumm's drivel over the years, I'm going to assume he is simply too stupid to realize that he's being used right here. I know he's capable of lying, but he's usually very earnest about his idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)