2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: You can say the same thing about Quinn Ewers versus Casey Thompson.

That being said, the Brocks can get fucked. 

How ‘bout if they get fucked first and then transfer to the good guys and compete and then get fucked again if they don’t cut it?

Would be easier if this family let us know when they weren't on vacation ...

If the rumors that Miami & UGA said no are true, and this dude ends up staying (won't happen, just speculating for the chuckle-worthiness), Lebby should start Gabriel, and make this guy ride the bench.  Lulz.

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Would be easier if this family let us know when they weren't on vacation ...

If the rumors that Miami & UGA said no are true, and this dude ends up staying (won't happen, just speculating for the chuckle-worthiness), Lebby should start Gabriel, and make this guy ride the bench.  Lulz.

When they run out of vacation bag money they’ll let everyone know their decision.

2 hours ago, ousux said:
On 12/28/2021 at 10:12 PM, quigley said:
Eighteen year olds care about fitting in, being able to hang with people with whom they share interests and experiences. They care about "shorties." Cash and the NFL are important, but you'll be able to get that + "shorties" in SoCal.
BTW, I'm not rooting for SC's or Oregon's success. OU's plucked good players out of California for decades, and these programs will probably make that harder. I'll follow Riley's progress closely though because it's an interesting story.

If this were true, HBCU's would have landed their first 5* player long before 2021.

This was in the context of comparing SC and Oregon, which have relative similar resources. I assume you recognize the resource disadvantage HBCU's have vs P5 schools. You may know the history FSU players and Florida A&M (also in Tallahassee) women.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Just need Mims to leave and blOU WR room gets really ugly...

Forgot about this:  WRs Coach  --  CALE GUNDY

Retained (previously held Co-OC title

Gundy's apparently a really good recruiter but as a WR coach, not so much. I was hoping he would get bumped up to a General Manager or recruiting coordinator role while still assisting Murray with the RB. Cale coached RB for a long time and had a lot of success doing it.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is what you default to when your arguments and specious positions start falling flat - projection and virtue signaling. "If you're rich, you must be a bad person and people only like you because of that." You don't know a fucking thing about me or my story, hillbilly. I never said I was rich and don't lay a claim on the premise. Whether someone has money or not, it means not a thing in regard to their ability to sniff out someone else's silly bullshit and call them on it. 

You've had your pants pulled down repeatedly on this board over the time in which you started posting. It has nothing to do with the character or socioeconomic position of those mocking your shitty and insipid positions. It has everything to do with you repeatedly pulling the bookshelf on top of yourself with laughably bad takes and then trying to wordsmith your way around them with posters who are more intelligent than you and better skilled at BBS rhetoric.

Once that starts really failing, we wind up here, where you're questioning other peoples' character and calling them small men of low moral fiber. Why? Because they found your idiotic stanning for Caleb Williams, and acting like PeeWee Herman shouting "we meant to do that!" when Lincoln Riley waved the deuce to your mouthbreathing fanbase and headed to the left coast, humorous. 

In any event, please continue to mix in your hobo-level version of being this board's GK Chesterton to your posts. It's unintentionally hilarious.

Livin rent free

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

College football quantum entanglement. These players are both in the portal and not in the portal. This brief paradox as specified by the Copenhagen Interpretation is the same phenomenon that allows aggies o claim conference championships without playing in the necessary conference championship games. 

*aggys

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

and he was the shitty WR coach, Riley took the good one with him to USC.

Check your data if you consider OU's WR development to be anything other than awful (except Lamb) for the past 4-5 seasons. The Sooners have had at least 2 WR transfer to other programs and flourish also.

Gundy was an excellent RB coach. Let's see if he can develop players now that Simmons is gone.

Edited by quigley

Human idiot Brandon Drumm 

Spoiler

*** Speaking of talent evaluation, the potential incoming transfer portal for OU is HEATING UP!

Hawaii DL transfer Jonah Laulu was just a sophomore last year, but he had 30+ tackles and four sacks in 2021.

I’m starting to hear OU is in a good spot with him. However, I don’t have a timetable, but “he’s close to deciding” has been told to ne by a few sources out west and around Norman.

Working on getting an interview with Laulu soon.

*** Two other transfers that I hear the Sooners are in a great spot with are UNC DB Trey Morrison and Wyoming DB CJ Coldon.

Parker will have more on Coldon, but man, I really like where that recruitment is headed. Coldon had 10 pass deflections in 2021, too.

As for Morrison, he tells me that he will be taking an official to OU on January 14th. He is really excited about seeing OKC/Norman and the OU campus, he says.

I think OU is the team to beat here as he told me, “We will see about other visits. Just gonna go where God leads me.”

Right now, things look good for Oklahoma with those two.

*** Another transfer name to watch very closely is former four-star and UCF WR Titus Mokiao-Atimalala.

Mokiao-Atimalala had 12 receptions for 102-yards and 1 TD in 2021. He participated in only five games in 2021, but he has a connection with new Sooners QB Dillon Gabriel.

He is one I know OU has at least contacted.

*** Back on defense there is Tulsa transfer DL Jaxon Player. Player is really, really good having accrued 50-tackles, 5-sacks and a forced fumble in 2021. He had 15-TFL’s too.

Basically, he can play for anyone and will make that better!

Player announced on Twitter (yesterday) that OU, OSU, Arkansas, Baylor and TCU were his top 5.

Player is originally from Waco, so BU has the hometown flavor. That said, it will be interesting to see if Coach Bates can start off with splash landing him and Laulu as big-time DL transfers, with Coach Chavis and Demarco Murray’s help.

Murray is the Vegas connection with Laulu. Coach Murray is really starting to make things hard for most other schools trying to recruit the Sin City. He has become quite the recruiter.

As for Player, there is some confidence in Norman with him, as well, but I’d be lying if I knew how that recruitment was going 100%.

*** Finally, back to QB transfer Casey Thompson. I spoke with him yesterday and he is interested in OU, with Coach Gundy and Coach Lebby talking to him several times already.

Nebraska is still the team I would pick right now, but if Caleb Williams drags this thing out too long, I think OU will press hard on CT. They like him and want him, but CW is the guy they have first as of now and CT knows and understands that.

Regardless, I don’t think the Sooners will let it get too far without reassurances from CW and his camp. If they can’t get that in the next week, I can’t imagine the Sooners not putting the full court press on the Sooners legacy.

I will see if I can’t find out more on this soon.

• Haha 7

26 minutes ago, Fud said:

Human idiot Brandon Drumm 

Reveal hidden contents

*** Speaking of talent evaluation, the potential incoming transfer portal for OU is HEATING UP!

Hawaii DL transfer Jonah Laulu was just a sophomore last year, but he had 30+ tackles and four sacks in 2021.

I’m starting to hear OU is in a good spot with him. However, I don’t have a timetable, but “he’s close to deciding” has been told to ne by a few sources out west and around Norman.

Working on getting an interview with Laulu soon.

*** Two other transfers that I hear the Sooners are in a great spot with are UNC DB Trey Morrison and Wyoming DB CJ Coldon.

Parker will have more on Coldon, but man, I really like where that recruitment is headed. Coldon had 10 pass deflections in 2021, too.

As for Morrison, he tells me that he will be taking an official to OU on January 14th. He is really excited about seeing OKC/Norman and the OU campus, he says.

I think OU is the team to beat here as he told me, “We will see about other visits. Just gonna go where God leads me.”

Right now, things look good for Oklahoma with those two.

*** Another transfer name to watch very closely is former four-star and UCF WR Titus Mokiao-Atimalala.

Mokiao-Atimalala had 12 receptions for 102-yards and 1 TD in 2021. He participated in only five games in 2021, but he has a connection with new Sooners QB Dillon Gabriel.

He is one I know OU has at least contacted.

*** Back on defense there is Tulsa transfer DL Jaxon Player. Player is really, really good having accrued 50-tackles, 5-sacks and a forced fumble in 2021. He had 15-TFL’s too.

Basically, he can play for anyone and will make that better!

Player announced on Twitter (yesterday) that OU, OSU, Arkansas, Baylor and TCU were his top 5.

Player is originally from Waco, so BU has the hometown flavor. That said, it will be interesting to see if Coach Bates can start off with splash landing him and Laulu as big-time DL transfers, with Coach Chavis and Demarco Murray’s help.

Murray is the Vegas connection with Laulu. Coach Murray is really starting to make things hard for most other schools trying to recruit the Sin City. He has become quite the recruiter.

As for Player, there is some confidence in Norman with him, as well, but I’d be lying if I knew how that recruitment was going 100%.

*** Finally, back to QB transfer Casey Thompson. I spoke with him yesterday and he is interested in OU, with Coach Gundy and Coach Lebby talking to him several times already.

Nebraska is still the team I would pick right now, but if Caleb Williams drags this thing out too long, I think OU will press hard on CT. They like him and want him, but CW is the guy they have first as of now and CT knows and understands that.

Regardless, I don’t think the Sooners will let it get too far without reassurances from CW and his camp. If they can’t get that in the next week, I can’t imagine the Sooners not putting the full court press on the Sooners legacy.

I will see if I can’t find out more on this soon.

Just like you guys have a Ian Boyd prohibition, would you consider a Drumm prohibition?

Linking Caleb Williams with Casey Thompson is...why?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Well they only have 12 kids committed for 2022. Seems like they need some more bodies, but I don’t follow their recruiting enough to know if there’s a reason for such a low number.

Losing your OC and DC in the same offseason following a shitty season does that sometimes.

55 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Real sad trombone of a career. Apparently he was practicing at DB. At least we'll always have Kendal Briles and "do you like white girls?"

Thought he was higher rated than that. 

Does seem like a wasted career.

58 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Real sad trombone of a career. Apparently he was practicing at DB. At least we'll always have Kendal Briles and "do you like white girls?"

Ill never forget when that Baylor Illustrated guy tweeted about Robinson, and Mond (Baylor Commit at the time), Martell I think at the time was the aggy commit and the white boy to OU Chris I think? How Texas was losing out on all the top in state QBs and had to settle for Sam. 

• Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)