2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

10 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

When this cat was around 16 years old I thought he was going to be the next VY, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Shows how very little I know (as if that were in doubt). 

You aren’t the only one.  I thought he was one of the top ten Texas high school QB’s I had ever seen.  

Whiffed badly on that one. 

14 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Casey beating us is my nightmare. 

He wouldn’t beat out Gabriel. 

I think he’s going to Nebraska anyway. Charles won’t put him in another QB competition this late in his career.

If he ended up at OU though it would be funny to see the narratives Charles pushes during camp through Brandon Drumm, who’s admitted he’s personal friends with Charles.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Planning on going to this game with a couple Huskers. Would gladly root on Charles Casey against the Sooners.

Willfully travelling to Norman to hang out with a bunch of Nebraska fans, and sit surrounded by okies to watch Nebraska play OU?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF - Morgan Freeman Good Luck Batman - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach on portal WR’s. Last part is interesting and looks like he might be hinting at something.

Brennan Marion will need to hit the ground running when he lands in Austin to fill out the class. At this point, I don't expect any receivers to be targeted at the high school level. With two guys signed in the class, the staff is looking to go portal heavy at the position. Isaiah Neyor is the top target and will visit Texas on January 14. If Texas misses out on Neyor, keep an eye on Hawaii transfer Nick Mardner who played for Marion when he coached for the Rainbow Warriors. A Canadian from Mississauga, Ontario, the 6-foot-6 190 pound receiver played three years at Hawaii and went off this season hauling in 46 catches for 913 yards and 5 touchdowns. Mardner holds offers from LSU, Cincinnati and Virginia Tech. I also expect there to be more portal movement in the next few weeks with new names expected to enter.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's only weird because of the covid year. It isn't that crazy. If Sam RSed and used his free covid year he could have played this year and been eligible to return for next year. 

But he's busy cashing checks in the NFL. 

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

What a selfish asshole. 

I think it was just time for him. He would have made significantly more money if he stayed from NIL. I would have loved for him to come back, but after seeing the season play out I think it was the right call for everyone. 

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Real sad trombone of a career. Apparently he was practicing at DB. At least we'll always have Kendal Briles and "do you like white girls?"

He looked pretty good at safety tbh when I went to the AF Bowl he made a half dozen tackles in the first half before getting hurt

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think he’s going to Nebraska anyway. Charles won’t put him in another QB competition this late in his career.

If he ended up at OU though it would be funny to see the narratives Charles pushes during camp through Brandon Drumm, who’s admitted he’s personal friends with Charles.

Drumm and Charles had a radio show here in OKC, when Covid really ramped up they got cut. Charles was actually pretty good on the radio, Drumm not so much. The most monotone voice I have ever heard. He was hard to listen to. 

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Did Drumm and Thompson do time in the joint together?

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This dude's already been offered by like the entire ACC and a couple SEC schools: https://jmusports.com/sports/football/roster/antwane-wells-jr-/17255

https://247sports.com/Player/Antwane-Wells-46129348/

247 looks like they didn't even have a high school page for him. Really productive 83 catch for 15 yds/catch. Played at the same high school as 2 OU 2021 commits. Wonder if OU'll jump in?

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

No idea of accuracy ... posted by a dude on 247.

image.thumb.png.890e8a2a75f58e52e134a943be8a9229.png

I feel like that Pitt report is going to become commonplace in the future 

Star player X blows up at a smaller school and has a connection to a blueblood through a coach, hometown, etc. and so the local media just automatically throws out reports of that connection and NIL

Semi-related: I wish the one-time transfer rule had some kind of stipulation, like a coach leaving. There was the waiver before but that was BS

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)