2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

All of them played. Ford played in every game. Blackwell played more than Cooks. The answer could simply be, because he was a talented true freshmen, whose best season are ahead of him. It’s not like it is unusual for a true freshmen ILB, not to get significant time. He is was 6’2” and 218 pounds. Could be coaching stupidity, but trying to say a guy didn’t play as a freshmen so he sucks, is just a bad fucking take

Yeah, I’m not sure throwing an undersized Frosh out there on a shitshow of a defense is a great idea. For the players sake. Who the hell knows what would have happened had he played.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

The fuck are you even talking about.

Barbacoa stated, "His whole point was it’s obvious our defense needs to be regeared and Sark couldn’t figure it out, now he gets to deal with Patterson." To me, that sounds like Patterson wasn't Sark's idea - that it came from Sark's boss. And just as important, Sark wasn't involved in the decision - That is fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I don’t know about Cooks but this is a bit bullshit regarding Collins and Bush. On defense, everyone that played had freaking problems. Much of them same shit, different play, different game.

Collins played approaching twice the number of plays that Bush did. He had 2 sacks to 1. He had 5 TFLs to 3.5. Collins had no, none, zero, zilch sacks since OU. Hell Bush actually drew the unicorn holding flag versus OU.

Just as a comparison from Alabama. Yes, I know that’s not exactly comparable for several reasons. Dallas Turner had 325% more sacks than Collins. On only 40 more pass rush attempts.

I’m defending Bush to the extent that assholes on here continue to make it about him. It’s not and shouldn’t be.

Here’s a word to Collins and the narrative. He doesn’t and hasn’t produced to the extent that there should be no complaints about his playing time or lack of. And if it’s a matter of half assing it in practice, then maybe get after it so you can produce something worth a shit on the field. I don’t know if his practice habits are any good or not, but there’s something there. Or if he won’t do shit as he’s asked to do, then do it. His production like many others is lacking. Who knows maybe if he did as told, he might make a big play at some point.

If it’s largely scheme, then it’s scheme for everyone so I don’t get why we single out dudes other than being assholes.

Collins is more interested in selling his shitty tshirts online than actually making an impact on the field.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Sark might as well move on.

I’m indifferent on this subject because Sark squatted and took a historical shit on the Texas sideline all year. It would have been unprecedented, but I’m not sure the world would have been shocked if he’d been fired after that performance. 

4 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

All this positivity can (rightfully) be shot down with “5-7 and Kansas,” and our infrastructure still lags behind those of the other top programs, but there’s definitely enough progress to think the next few years won’t be a waste.

How the hell is the infrastructure still not on par?  At this point, everything the program is doing should be at the level or exceeding what those hillfucks in Alabama have done.  Fuck, I'm still pissed that OU-like-shit-tier school aggressively recruits this state.  First it was football, now it's a problem in basketball, and there are still billboards in Dallas advertising their podunk program for out-of-state acceptance.

The locker room has had a makeover through each of the past coaches' tenure, the SEZ project brough on new facilities, what more is left beyond a Nike-south remote campus to remain top-tier in infrastructure? 

9 hours ago, The Deuce said:

Lot of handwringing going on about Neyor, and that’s expected. 

We’ve landed 2 transfers so far this cycle, and both will most likely be starters. Still months left to sign portal players. If we end up whiffing on WR, then feel free to berate the staff. Do they have eyes on a “player to be named” that hasn’t hit the portal yet? Who knows? If they land a WR from the portal better than Neyor, will you give them credit? Probably not. You’ll still find a way to rationalize stars aligning to where the player just fell to them. 

Pumpers will pump and bitchers will bitch. Stay thirsty, my friends

Lmao. Sark took plenty of DL/LB transfers last off-season and our defense was still awful. So you'll forgive me for not blindly trusting the corches as promising options come and go without showing us much interest. 

And spare me the "Sark didn't have enough time" excuse. Kansas hired Leipold in April, he promptly went and got nine starters from the transfer portal and then hung 50 on us with them.

Edited by satyanash

4 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

How the hell is the infrastructure still not on par?  At this point, everything the program is doing should be at the level or exceeding what those hillfucks in Alabama have done.  Fuck, I'm still pissed that OU-like-shit-tier school aggressively recruits this state.  First it was football, now it's a problem in basketball, and there are still billboards in Dallas advertising their podunk program for out-of-state acceptance.

The locker room has had a makeover through each of the past coaches' tenure, the SEZ project brough on new facilities, what more is left beyond a Nike-south remote campus to remain top-tier in infrastructure? 

Dude, calm the fuck down. I think he's referring to human infrastructure - analysts, recruiting staff, etc..

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Lmao. Sark took plenty of DL/LB transfers last off-season and our defense was still awful. So you'll forgive me for not blindly trusting the corches as promising options come and go without showing us much interest. We took six transfer portal guys and Worthy was the only unqualified success.

And spare me the "Sark didn't have enough time" excuse. Kansas hired Leipold in April, he promptly went and got nine starters from the transfer portal and then hung 50 on us with them.

This is dumb. It’s a lot easier to find 9 Kansas starting caliber players in the portal than Texas starting caliber players. They still fucking sucked. We just happened to suck more.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Perhaps the entire defense resembled an aborted fetus because they kept playing guys like Brockermeyer and Jett bush over taking lumps with cooks or Alfred Collins. But yes, blame the playing time on the player. Tom Herman didn’t play Bijan Robinson. Clearly it’s because he couldn’t contribute and not because coaches can be wildly fallible. 

CE181C46-C139-4EB9-B2A9-993E42E070D7.jpeg

10 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I don’t know about Cooks but this is a bit bullshit regarding Collins and Bush. On defense, everyone that played had freaking problems. Much of them same shit, different play, different game.

Collins played approaching twice the number of plays that Bush did. He had 2 sacks to 1. He had 5 TFLs to 3.5. Collins had no, none, zero, zilch sacks since OU. Hell Bush actually drew the unicorn holding flag versus OU.

Just as a comparison from Alabama. Yes, I know that’s not exactly comparable for several reasons. Dallas Turner had 325% more sacks than Collins. On only 40 more pass rush attempts.

I’m defending Bush to the extent that assholes on here continue to make it about him. It’s not and shouldn’t be.

Here’s a word to Collins and the narrative. He doesn’t and hasn’t produced to the extent that there should be no complaints about his playing time or lack of. And if it’s a matter of half assing it in practice, then maybe get after it so you can produce something worth a shit on the field. I don’t know if his practice habits are any good or not, but there’s something there. Or if he won’t do shit as he’s asked to do, then do it. His production like many others is lacking. Who knows maybe if he did as told, he might make a big play at some point.

If it’s largely scheme, then it’s scheme for everyone so I don’t get why we single out dudes other than being assholes.

It’s like you didn’t read my post at all. I too was using players as an example of calling to account the coaches, not making it about players. It’s not Jett Bush’s fault he’s in the game. It’s coaching decisions. The only thing I’ve been excoriating this page is coaching.  

10 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Not sure what you mean here. 

Are you saying we just be mad because we didn't get Neyor and the 6-8 other recruits,  or be mad because the staff mislead us. 

I’m saying we should be concerned that the staff can’t close, cant read a recruitment where it stands, and is confidently telling everyone all the studs they’re getting and then not landing any of them. That’s a concern and it happened repeatedly this cycle. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, AlamoHorn210 said:

It was only a matter of time before the "X player cares more about NIL than playing well" arguments began.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Actually I’m just pointing out that his tshirts look terrible. Based on his play, I’m not that surprised that his execution on slanging clothes is ineffective as well.

Sydney,

It’s like you didn’t read my post. The example used is shitty. It’s based on biases and unsupported information. If you’ve got some asshole inside the program feeding you info, it doesn’t mean they aren’t full of shit. Like all of us, they are biased. We’re supposed to “trust the insider” like we’re supposed to “trust the corches?” Pretty sure you’re not a trust the coaches guy.

Do you realize what you are saying when you say it’s not a dude faults he’s on the field but he should never be on the field? That sure as shit is an attack/criticism on that player. Singling out that player and not others. Then you use a player who’s had more reps, most likely in practice and games whose statistical output is marginally better. Oh but the upside. At some point, you’ve got to produce.

But again look at production. Collins in two years has 3.5 sacks. After OU this year he had none. In a couple of those games, Bush did not play any substantial number of plays. Collins did have that incredible interception last year, but otherwise big plays are few and far between. That pick was a great play but if memory serves, the game was pretty much in hand so it was minimally impactful.

I see it as quite possible that the shit Collins does or doesn’t do in practice or off the field matches his lack of production on the field. So then it is in fact reasonable that the coaches may try other options because they prefer how that player handles certain situations or in an effort to light a fire under another.

For the most part, the best cases for more playing time are Barron, Crawford and maybe Coffey. And it’s not because the dudes ahead of them shouldn’t ever see the field but rather just to see if they can make a play. Barron did some good stuff, but he played over 200 plays, which is more than Bush incidentally. Crawford and Coffey we’re just guessing.

• Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Sydney,

It’s like you didn’t read my post. The example used is shitty. It’s based on biases and unsupported information. If you’ve got some asshole inside the program feeding you info, it doesn’t mean they aren’t full of shit. Like all of us, they are biased. We’re supposed to “trust the insider” like we’re supposed to “trust the corches?” Pretty sure you’re not a trust the coaches guy.

Do you realize what you are saying when you say it’s not a dude faults he’s on the field but he should never be on the field? That sure as shit is an attack/criticism on that player. Singling out that player and not others. Then you use a player who’s had more reps, most likely in practice and games whose statistical output is marginally better. Oh but the upside. At some point, you’ve got to produce.

But again look at production. Collins in two years has 3.5 sacks. After OU this year he had none. In a couple of those games, Bush did not play any substantial number of plays. Collins did have that incredible interception last year, but otherwise big plays are few and far between. That pick was a great play but if memory serves, the game was pretty much in hand so it was minimally impactful.

I see it as quite possible that the shit Collins does or doesn’t do in practice or off the field matches his lack of production on the field. So then it is in fact reasonable that the coaches may try other options because they prefer how that player handles certain situations or in an effort to light a fire under another.

For the most part, the best cases for more playing time are Barron, Crawford and maybe Coffey. And it’s not because the dudes ahead of them shouldn’t ever see the field but rather just to see if they can make a play. Barron did some good stuff, but he played over 200 plays, which is more than Bush incidentally. Crawford and Coffey we’re just guessing.

Jesus. For starters, I’m not using bush or Collins as analogous positions, one over the other. They were examples of guys playing either ahead of or behind preferable options. Collins behind unproductive DT, Bush ahead of other options, any other option. Cook other than Brockermeyer, etc. 

i find your whole premise of “trust or don’t trust the insider” hilarious considering you then pivot to “they must not have shown anything in practice” which is entirely a narrative created by you in your head. Even if you’re going off of various things reported from practices, it’s still YOUR narrative which you’re pushing, and it either came from your head or an “insider” you now admit might not be trustworthy. You can’t have it both ways, buddy. 

As for your notion that saying a player shouldn’t be on the field as a criticism of a player, I completely disagree. If I want to criticize Jett Bush, I’ll call him the shitty walk-on player he his directly. If I’m saying he shouldn’t be on the field, it’s a criticism of those putting him on the field. Be it a personnel decision, or recruiting mistakes, whatever. If a player is playing with concussions and a broken wrist and getting bitch slapped all over the field, and I say he shouldn’t be on the field, I assure you, I’m not criticizing the fucking player. Jett Bush fucking sucks and shouldn’t have been on the field. But if you’re so worried about him being singled out, I’ll happily give him some company; ditto Luke Brockermeyer, and BJ Foster. Listen there’s plenty of shitty players to go around. 

You say coaches should try other options, but oftentimes they didn’t. They rolled out Luke when injured and watched him suck. At least suck with younger players who can learn and improve and have better athleticism. They didn’t try other options. That’s the problem. And that’s coaching. 

for the record, my opinions here aren’t coming from some insider. It’s my eyes. And losing to Kansas at home while they throw up 50+ points and blowing half a dozen second half leads, some of them huge, agrees with me that there’s a coaching problem. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bevo said:

Barbacoa stated, "His whole point was it’s obvious our defense needs to be regeared and Sark couldn’t figure it out, now he gets to deal with Patterson." To me, that sounds like Patterson wasn't Sark's idea - that it came from Sark's boss. And just as important, Sark wasn't involved in the decision - That is fucked up.

You're not only stroking out to scuttlebutt but additionally extrapolating on it.  We don't actually know for certain the machinations of the Patterson to Texas process.  But which is it?  CDC calling the shots on this when he was unceremoniously jettisoned from the coaching search/hire, right?  But now the people who brought you Sark are stepping away and giving CDC the reins again?  I call bullshit.  It seems to me that if Patterson comes in and helps right the defense then programs will come calling for him.  Sabotage would be a losing strategy for Patterson, IMO, and I bet he knows it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Sydney,

“Hey Derka, you know fuck all about UT basketball. Rick Barnes sucked shit, why don’t you keep your mouth shut since you clearly don’t know as much as I do”

Jesus. For starters, I’m not using bush or Collins as analogous positions, one over the other. They were examples of guys playing either ahead of or behind preferable options. Collins behind unproductive DT, Bush ahead of other options, any other option. Cook other than Brockermeyer, etc. 

i find your whole premise of “trust or don’t trust the insider” hilarious considering you then pivot to “they must not have shown anything in practice” which is entirely a narrative created by you in your head. Even if you’re going off of various things reported from practices, it’s still YOUR narrative which you’re pushing, and it either came from your head or an “insider” you now admit might not be trustworthy. You can’t have it both ways, buddy. 

As for your notion that saying a player shouldn’t be on the field as a criticism of a player, I completely disagree. If I want to criticize Jett Bush, I’ll call him the shitty walk-on player he his directly. If I’m saying he shouldn’t be on the field, it’s a criticism of those putting him on the field. Be it a personnel decision, or recruiting mistakes, whatever. If a player is playing with concussions and a broken wrist and getting bitch slapped all over the field, and I say he shouldn’t be on the field, I assure you, I’m not criticizing the fucking player. Jett Bush fucking sucks and shouldn’t have been on the field. But if you’re so worried about him being singled out, I’ll happily give him some company; ditto Luke Brockermeyer, and BJ Foster. Listen there’s plenty of shitty players to go around. 

Christ

I’ll let you have the final word after this post.

You in fact did use Bush against Collins. No reference to another DT or the position at all. Own that Buddy. No reference to Ojomo getting no sacks all year in spite of playing over 200 pass plays. Murphy, Coburn pretty much similar production to Collins. None of its good enough. Obviously.

As to the 2nd paragraph, yep there’s some speculation on my part. Sue me. Two different staffs give an undersized walk on some run. He doesn’t dominate on the field. He doesn’t fit the profile of 3-4 DE. He does a reasonable job of not giving ground in spite of giving upwards of 100 lbs. so yeah I assume he’s doing some good things in practice because walkons historically play little here.

Our biggest problem on defense is we have no playmakers. Call out Collins shitty performance. Call out Overshown. Call out Coburn. Ojomo. Nobody is doing shit to win. How about a strip sack? How about batting a 3rd down pass down? Versus KState on the short yardage plays Coburn you were the damn man.

Sorry that you don’t like somebody jabbing back at you and others for calling out some dudes but not others. And being so damn adamant about it. It’s a completely different argument if a player is injured and playing. It’s just me but I’ll criticize plays and the related effort

And oddly enough ULaLa and TCU were two of our better defensive games. Lots of bitching about Collins not playing. Ford didn’t play a ton. Ah but Jacoby Jones went out, which was huge imo.

5-7 is not acceptable. Coaches are at fault, but that doesn’t let players completely off the hook either. I expect more out of certain dudes based on experience and their profile.

Excellent work on the NIL stuff and congrats on your personal achievements. I appreciate your passion and volatility. I gots some of that too. I told you punks I don’t comment much on recruiting so quit drawing me in over here. I want to read not comment.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Christ

You in fact did use Bush against Collins. No reference to another DT or the position at all. Own that Buddy. No reference to Ojomo getting no sacks all year in spite of playing over 200 pass plays. Murphy, Coburn pretty much similar production to Collins. None of its good enough. Obviously.

As to the 2nd paragraph, yep there’s some speculation on my part. Sue me. Two different staffs give an undersized walk on some run. He doesn’t dominate on the field. He doesn’t fit the profile of 3-4 DE. He does a reasonable job of not giving ground in spite of giving upwards of 100 lbs. so yeah I assume he’s doing some good things in practice because walkons historically play little here.

Our biggest problem on defense is we have no playmakers. Call out Collins shitty performance. Call out Overshown. Call out Coburn. Ojomo. Nobody is doing shit to win. How about a strip sack? How about batting a 3rd down pass down? Versus KState on the short yardage plays Coburn you were the damn man.

Sorry that you don’t like somebody jabbing back at you and others for calling out some dudes but not others. And being so damn adamant about it. It’s a completely different argument if a player is injured and playing. It’s just me but I’ll criticize plays and the related effort

And oddly enough ULaLa and TCU were two of our better defensive games. Lots of bitching about Collins not playing. Ford didn’t play a ton. Ah but Jacoby Jones went out, which was huge imo.

5-7 is not acceptable. Coaches are at fault, but that doesn’t let players completely off the hook either. I expect more out of certain dudes based on experience and their profile.

Excellent work on the NIL stuff and congrats on your personal achievements. I appreciate your passion and volatility. I gots some of that too. I told you punks I don’t comment much on recruiting so quit drawing me in over here. I want to read not comment.

For fucks sake. I’m not owning shit. I made a statement, thought my meaning was obvious. When it wasn’t I clarified. I’m not gonna own shit when it doesn’t change my point. 

yes, players are obviously at fault. I cited several that are shitty. Is that not tacit enough admission that players sucking is a problem? But I was bitching specifically about coaching. I can be specifically bitching about one while ignoring the other at the same time, man. 

I dont mind people jabbing back. What makes you think that? Isn’t that why all, or at least, some of us are here? It’s all good man. But yeah, I was bitching about coaches today. Check back tomorrow and I’ll be happy to blame the players. It’s all shit. 

• Like 1

This man just wants to know where to get the best CFS and nonfastfood fast food burger dammit!!!!

Absolutely.

I believe it’s D’Hanis that has a massive sized CFS.

I do like Five Guys and Hat Creek. But it’s about managing expectations.

The newer Magnificent Seven was on last night. Would recommend.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Christ

So, you’re okay with saying other players suck, just not Jett Bush, that sounds like a personal problem, the rest of us don’t have to follow your inconsistent guidelines.

And if the entire DL is underperforming, that could easily speak to a scheme issue. It’s not like these defensive coaches have covered themselves in glory, there’s no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt over the players, and it’s not an either/or situation. You can doubt both groups.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, you’re okay with saying other players suck, just not Jett Bush, that sounds like a personal problem, the rest of us don’t have to follow your inconsistent guidelines.
And if the entire DL is underperforming, that could easily speak to a scheme issue. It’s not like these defensive coaches have covered themselves in glory, there’s no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt over the players, and it’s not an either/or situation. You can doubt both groups.

I was engaging in a little internet gamesmanship. As I said I’ll generally comment on play by play or game by game performance for players. I’ll generally take the side of player over coach for team and season performance.

The whole defenses season was a big WTF. An example of that that I’ve expressed here is Coburn. Blew 3 short yardage plays versus KState. What precipitated that all of a sudden? I have no idea, but it was winning football. Why didn’t we see more of it and earlier?

I’ve been of the opinion this team should have won 10. The defense is at the heart of it, but the offense failed or sputtered too often as well. I think the refs screwed us vs OU and pretty well gave us the short stick in many others. That OU-OSU-BU was not only difficult physically but emotionally that suck some life out of us. Then 2nd half at ISU broke us.

Two deep safeties with corners off on 3rd and short or medium pisses me off. Safeties so deep their late to the run game does too. I don’t blame the players for that. Now Caleb Williams 66 yard TD run when 8-9 guys played it pretty damn well, but the safeties are unblocked and not only don’t stop him short of the first but completely whiff. 100% on the players and in retrospect that was the play of the season. Our DBs on numerous occasions were blitzed to the correct spot and totally whiffed or just ran themselves out of the play. That’s players and some coaching. I would expect improvement in year 2 though if no changes were made. In part because I do believe the players have some ability and because maybe they’ll play with less hesitancy. I prefer a 4 man front with what we’ve got. And I don’t get why we have wide 9s when our LBers are light as well as potentially one end that’s light too.
I also agree with dcarr or whichever poster expresses the need to take away run or pass rather than just giving both.

I don’t think our players suck, but I think we have dudes on defense that are not complete 3 down players across the board. Probably part talent, part experience and some scheme. In my opinion, the main personnel question on defense I have is playing Foster at the end when it seemed effort was lacking. That’s one thing you can’t have.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)