Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Gotta' love the "Banks hasn't blocked anybody" (Gave up zero sacks to how many 1st rounders last year??).  Meanwhile, Reuben Fatheree was getting abused by App. State's DE over and over.

Will Anderson

Tyree Wilson

Will McDonald IV

Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Sure they're all 1st rounders. But only one of them was SEC good. Though admittedly Tyree was also SEC good at one point in time

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Nobody wins at night in The 'Shoe.

That atmosphere was every bit as hostile as this one will be.

Hell, The Tacklebox in 2011 was probably more hostile. Anyone remember how that turned out?

spacer.png

One of the best Mack Brown quotes, upon being asked about playing at night in the Horseshoe: "We've played in nice places before." Perfect response.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

One of the best Mack Brown quotes, upon being asked about playing at night in the Horseshoe: "We've played in nice places before." Perfect response.

That was the best version of Mack.  VY swag and Studdard no fucks given attitude had worn off on him.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Man, the word was right in front of you in the post above yours. Invronment [sic] probably had a red line under it. And. You. Went. To. College.

Poor Aggie

he got tired of seeing all those red squiggly lines and had his kid turn off spell check.

• Haha 4

The funny thing with this whole Bama is going to run it down our throats. Bama couldn't run the ball down the throats of fucking Middle Tenneesse State last week.

30 rushes from the RBs for 136 yards and a 4.53 per average carry. The return essentially the same WRs that our DBs had no trouble stopping all game long. The difference in their offense last year was two 1st round picks in Young and Gibbs.

• Hook 'Em 1

What a bunch of dipshits.  Texas knows nothing about playing Alabama, despite playing them just last year, and to a 1-pt game no less.

And only manly macho teams with SEC-ready talent can hope to match up to Alabama, for example the ags, who lost to Appalachian State last year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

They are expending a lot of time and energy trying to convince themselves that it's going to be a blowout.

I'm pretty resolved to a loss, but I feel like we're playing with house money.

I think the average aggie will have more anxiety about this game than Alabama or us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yuk said:

They are expending a lot of time and energy trying to convince themselves that it's going to be a blowout.

I'm pretty resolved to a loss, but I feel like we're playing with house money.

I think the average aggie will have more anxiety about this game than Alabama or us.

They’re scared absolutely shitless that Texas is gonna win. You can tell by them shifting the echo chamber into high gear convincing themselves we have no chance. Even though it’s pretty logical looking at both teams since last years game that Texas should be improved and bama should be diminished. Texas is going to win this game….bottom line idgaf about all the noise. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I for one am thankful the aggys joined the sec before us and started picking off recruits left and right so Bama isn’t as tough as they used to be because guys that normally wanted to win a natty in Bama chose the metropolis in B/CS and fucking jimbos wife instead.  

thanks ags 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

854b3d67d4f3fe371ef369be9022bc8e.png

I think we’ve been producing overlooked talent. Funny how we, as a school where talent goes to die, have developed players into successful NFLers more than so many other schools that don’t have that reputation.

Saw a stat where of that 30, 10 are UFA. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

854b3d67d4f3fe371ef369be9022bc8e.png

I think we’ve been producing overlooked talent. Funny how we, as a school where talent goes to die, have developed players into successful NFLers more than so many other schools that don’t have that reputation.

Wild how a reputation can completely ignore facts.  I bet if you asked the average college football fan who has more players in the league currently, 80%+ would guess aggy over us.

• Hook 'Em 2

The “Texas doesn’t develop talent” honks are going to have to find some new material here shortly. Texas is about to have 7+ guys go in the 2024 draft and might have the most drafted of any team in the country in this cycle. 
I’d like to think that the data will bring that shit to a halt, but I also know there are flat-earthers and l saw a guy jogging with a mask on this morning in my neighborhood, so it’s probably wishful thinking. There are stupid people everywhere and certainly a high concentration of them covering college football. 

I agree. Wins and draft numbers follow all the process stuff the coaches can control like recruiting & coaching, etc.

Sark has been doing everything right, and the wins will follow and the draft stats will follow those.

There is something to be said for the value that stability and consistency in a football staff brings. Similar to having a healthy program full of upperclassmen.

56 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I agree. Wins and draft numbers follow all the process stuff the coaches can control like recruiting & coaching, etc.

Sark has been doing everything right, and the wins will follow and the draft stats will follow those.

There is something to be said for the value that stability and consistency in a football staff brings. Similar to having a healthy program full of upperclassmen.

Very true, and half of this board would have fired Sark and the DC after the first season.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The “Texas doesn’t develop talent” honks are going to have to find some new material here shortly. Texas is about to have 7+ guys go in the 2024 draft and might have the most drafted of any team in the country in this cycle. 

I’d like to think that the data will bring that shit to a halt, but I also know there are flat-earthers and l saw a guy jogging with a mask on this morning in my neighborhood, so it’s probably wishful thinking. There are stupid people everywhere and certainly a high concentration of them covering college football. 

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Unfortunately, if Sark doesn't kick his namesake, they'll just flip the narrative to the inverse and say "Texas doesn't win despite the talent they produce." Which is nothing new: this has been a common tale since 2009 given the dissonance between Texas' recruiting rankings and lack of on-field success.

Believe me - the aggy consortium will be watching our game with Bama, with more “interest” than they do their own 2:30 game vs Miami. The icing on the cake, is if Miami actually wins. They are so delusional that each error by the Horns tomorrow night will be magnified on their boards.

Hook’em!!!

A lot riding tomorrow. Imagine a world where we go into opening nfl Sunday after watching aggy get beat by Miami and then watching Texas best bama. Pretty sweet. But then imagine a world where it’s reverse. Not good. There is about to be a multiverse split between these two worlds and I damn sure hope that tomorrow morning I wake up in the first version of my story.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brojangles2 said:

It’s astonishing to me how much they “know” about the Rice game. I have not seen one single snap from their game, and have never once considered it. The obsession is fucking insane! 

They probably didn't watch a single snap of the Alabama game, because that was not an OL that was dominant at all. Our defense has a major advantage over the Alabama offense.

DL vs OL = advantage Texas, we can play 10+ deep

LB vs RB = couldn't run that well against Middle Tennessee State, not much in the passing game either

DB vs WR = They return pretty much the same bunch of WRs last year that our DBs smothered.

OC vs DC = Kwiatkowski has the personnel he has dreamed about since he took over the Texas job. The ND guy is mid.

Their lone WC is their QB, who turned the ball over 3 times last year against aggy in his lone start against somewhat equal talent.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

They probably didn't watch a single snap of the Alabama game, because that was not an OL that was dominant at all. Our defense has a major advantage over the Alabama offense.
DL vs OL = advantage Texas, we can play 10+ deep
LB vs RB = couldn't run that well against Middle Tennessee State, not much in the passing game either
DB vs WR = They return pretty much the same bunch of WRs last year that our DBs smothered.
OC vs DC = Kwiatkowski has the personnel he has dreamed about since he took over the Texas job. The ND guy is mid.
Their lone WC is their QB, who turned the ball over 3 times last year against aggy in his lone start against somewhat equal talent.

3e8eb7acc35e25fc3fd8e41c1a0d30d5.gif
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread