Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, futureman said:

almost on par with the petition to get ewers to sign with texas. 

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

completely different because it was us. Come on man 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

The Texas one (I didn't even know about it, so I don't have to say ours) worked! Those 472 redass Longhorns made Ewers to Texas happen! Woo-hoo! Hook 'Em!

I-35 runs two ways, ya know. 

I love how aggy always digs up the Houston game along with Washington fans as they ignore Washington’s impressive 9 consecutive games of winning games by no more than 10 points with a incredible blowout win over powerhouse Arizona st 15-7. And the last 3 games of wins by 3, 2 and 3. If this was Texas schedule and we were undefeated we would be viewed as the “weakest” or “luckiest” 13-0 team EVAAARRR.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We found those close wins frustrating because at one point we were dominating all of those games. Going for the first down instead of kicking a field goal gave Houston a big lift. Kick the field goal and they would have been like four scores behind.

I don't think any of those games were highly contested throughout. Our problem was not putting guys away. I get the feeling Sark has learned his lesson. 

Kick. The. Fucking. Field Goal.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I have generally avoided ever working with an aggy and cannot conceive of working for an aggy.  But I have clearly been thinking about this the wrong way.  They give people sooo much money to not work.  

I not only work surrounded by aggy, but also Sooners (OU sucks), which some are my bosses.
Tongue in cheek most of the Fall, especially this season, so I celebrate quietly this year, but my office area definitely celebrates the Horns! My big (main boss) was a USNA grad (actual an aviator) so he’s cool with me giving those two fan bases shit, except for all November me telling him “Go Army, beat navy!”

Hook’em!!!

Regarding Ole Miss from Texags. 

image.png.d211f6d5398cbdee6a8ccbcd75e8d8d5.png

Donations = Money

Money = Money

I guess he had to fill three slots and only had two items. Their return on their money is well and hilariously documented.

That leaves us with Facilities. They are so baffled that the massive investment in a new stadium and player accommodations hasn't paid off. Under Sumlin, they got an upgrade that was first rate. Well that worked, what if we spent $150MM on even better facilities? Everybody will be dying to come here!

Maybe, Aggies, just maybe, past a certain point it doesn't matter much. You don't want to have  crappy facilities compared to the programs you compete with, but once you're comparable you can relax. But not the Aggies, facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities is another off-the-field achievement they can brag about.

image.png.dd6e02686b4e948b69346c1b5447b330.png

1 This repeated notion is becoming the simple-minded conventional wisdom on TexAgs. All you have to do is let other schools develop them, and, if they become good, you just take them from the portal. Some have suggested that doing almost nothing in high school recruiting would be the smart move. The portal is a player grocery store; just fill your basket and voila! Got yourself a great team. I mean, look how good the  portal is working for them now.

2 Translation: We beat them. They did not impress me with their 9* wins. Show me one of their 9 where they were impressive. [Texas is defined by the UH game. Any opinion can be justified with one example!]

*I won't count the game where we virtually beat them.

image.png.1a2443ae93d606f05fba1bb3c6b69ecf.png

Birth of an Aggie fact. I'm just guessing they may be cheating > assertion about cheating > lamentation that nobody will act on this obvious occurence. Answered with congratulations by the first person to host the virus.

Now, thank all that is honorable and manly, they have an NIL/College Rules genius to explain the scam:

image.png.fcd8dd86e36af5862f91aa0b6af70d9b.png

image.png.4921a476cb9669e2b9b235550e8048f3.png

Two things, this guy doesn't get it, obviously, and this is the kind of rationale that has led them to up their own cheating in the past. Sadly for them, that's another tradition that won't do them much good in this new landscape.

The unsupported by known facts narrative strengthens:

image.png.2f2a920109bc6a721091ec5c94eeb9f7.png

I suspect the top line isn't true, but I don't know. I'm sure someone here knows off the top of their head. Or maybe I should just write I don't know, but I'm pretty sure this is true. Over there, that becomes a fact. Over here, twenty people correct you and a few of them do it with extreme prejudice.

At the bottom, a new fact is crowning like a baby-sized turd.

Out of nowhere (well out of the vintage where the grapes of sour are stored) comes a goldy oldy moldy Ag Fact:

image.png.0dcfba5155e8f645ccd31611acfcabfd.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Regarding Ole Miss from Texags. 

image.png.d211f6d5398cbdee6a8ccbcd75e8d8d5.png

Donations = Money

Money = Money

I guess he had to fill three slots and only had two items. Their return on their money is well and hilariously documented.

That leaves us with Facilities. They are so baffled that the massive investment in a new stadium and player accommodations hasn't paid off. Under Sumlin, they got an upgrade that was first rate. Well that worked, what if we spent $150MM on even better facilities? Everybody will be dying to come here!

Maybe, Aggies, just maybe, past a certain point it doesn't matter much. You don't want to have comparativel crappy facilities compared to the programs you compete with, but once you're comparable you can relax. But not the Aggies, facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities is another off-the-field achievement they can brag about.

image.png.dd6e02686b4e948b69346c1b5447b330.png

1 This repeated notion is becoming the simple-minded conventional wisdom on TexAgs. All have to do is let other schools develop them and, if they become good, you just take them from the portal. Some have suggested that doing almost nothing in high school recruiting would be the smart move. The portal is a player grocery store; just fill your basket and voila! Got yourself a great team. I mean, look how good the  portal is working for them now.

2 Translation: We beat them. They did not impress me with their 9* wins. Show me one of their 9 where they were impressive. [Texas is defined by the UH game. Any opinion can be justified with one example!]

*I won't count the game where we virtually beat them.

image.png.1a2443ae93d606f05fba1bb3c6b69ecf.png

Birth of an Aggie fact. I'm just guessing they may be cheating > assertion about cheating > Lamentation that nobody will act on this obvious occurence. Answered with congratulations by the first person to host the virus.

Now, thank all that is honorable and manly, they have an NIL/College Rules genius to explain the scam:

image.png.fcd8dd86e36af5862f91aa0b6af70d9b.png

image.png.4921a476cb9669e2b9b235550e8048f3.png

Two things, this guy doesn't get it, obviously, and this is the kind of rationale that has led them to up their own cheating in the past. Sadly for them, that's another tradition that won't do them much good in this new landscape.

The unsupported by known facts narrative strengthens:

image.png.2f2a920109bc6a721091ec5c94eeb9f7.png

I suspect the top line isn't true, but I don't know. I'm sure someone here knows off the top of their head. Or maybe I should just write I don't know, but I'm pretty sure this is true. Over there, that becomes a fact. Over here, twenty people correct you and a few of them do it with extreme prejudice.

At the bottom, a new fact is crowning like a baby-sized turd.

Out of nowhere (well out of the vintage where the grapes of sour are stored) comes a goldy oldy moldy Ag Fact:

image.png.0dcfba5155e8f645ccd31611acfcabfd.png

1) It’s not just an aggie thing, but they certainly enjoy doing it - calling Ole Miss “ole piss”. These are grown men, many past middle age, and this is what they’re doing. The amount of stupid and unfunny nicknames for schools that I see at SEC Rant is staggering. If a grown person walked up to me and used the term “ole piss” or “bammers “ or “tsip” or “barners”, I think my first and best move would be to punch them in the throat and then projectile vomit at their loved ones. It would spare me the tedium of a stultifying conversation and might reduce the risk of such idiocy being spread further.

2) The idiotic notion of schools not only paying 85 players on the roster but going above and beyond and paying 40 extra is so staggeringly idiotic that it’s not even worth refuting. And this is coming from a board supporting a program that might not field 70 scholarship players next year.  This is the stuff they’re wringing their hands over. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) It’s not just an aggie thing, but they certainly enjoy doing it - calling Ole Miss “ole piss”. These are grown men, many past middle age, and this is what they’re doing. The amount of stupid and unfunny nicknames for schools that I see at SEC Rant is staggering. If a grown person walked up to me and used the term “ole piss” or “bammers “ or “tsip” or “barners”, I think my first and best move would be to punch them in the throat and then projectile vomit at their loved ones. It would spare me the tedium of a stultifying conversation and might reduce the risk of such idiocy being spread further.

2) The idiotic notion of schools not only paying 85 players on the roster but going above and beyond and paying 40 extra is so staggeringly idiotic that it’s not even worth refuting. And this is coming from a board supporting a program that might not field 70 scholarship players next year.  This is the stuff they’re wringing their hands over. 

Heck.....there's people on this thread that call em ole piss....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The amount of stupid and unfunny nicknames for schools that I see at SEC Rant is staggering. If a grown person walked up to me and used the term “ole piss” or “bammers “ or “tsip” or “barners”,

I hate when our fanbase says “aggy” because it’s just as stupid as unfunny as those people they mock on SEC rant or Reddit. 

• Hook 'Em 6

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To your second point, Burnt Ends pays walkons (or at least it has in the past). And TOF pays many non-scholarship athletes, especially in the non-revenue sports. That’s obviously not the same as paying 40 extra football players, but it’s theoretically possible if someone wanted to be insanely stupid with their money.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I hate when our fanbase says “aggy” because it’s just as stupid as unfunny as those people they mock on SEC rant or Reddit. 

Does anyone type it that way to be funny?  I don't know of any comedic value there, but I personally can't be bothered to extend my fingers around for the "right" spelling when aggy will do just fine.  If it bothers any of their supporters then I guess that's just an added bonus

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A few years ago, people on this board insisted that I use aggy rather than the actual name. The Irony Gods were fucking with us. It seems we've stepped away generally.

Maybe the dumbest nickname is calling LSU the swamp kitties. It's pre-juvenile. Corn dogs is funnier. 

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A few years ago, people on this board insisted that I use aggy rather than the actual name. The Irony Gods were fucking with us. It seems we've stepped away generally.

Maybe the dumbest nickname is calling LSU the swamp kitties. It's pre-juvenile. Corn dogs is funnier. 

It was due to the fact that Snacks would choke threads full of weird shit every time someone said "Aggie." I've been using aggy out of habit since then but it's time to change back to normality.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It was due to the fact that Snacks would choke threads full of weird shit every time someone said "Aggie." I've been using aggy out of habit since then but it's time to change back to normality.

Don’t forget the even more lame versions of other teams that came about such as:

”sand aggy”

”swamp aggy”

”corn aggy”

etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we SAY “aggy” how does that sound any different than aggie?

Also, that 2024 Aggy thread title must really bother you, then… 

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Hook 'Em 2