Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, nnm said:

As a former TCU fan, the “week in, week out” grind is the talking point that is the most idiotic. Since their renaissance in the early 2000s, TCU heard that every year. And they had success in every conference, up to and including a win in the CFP. 

Yes, the top of the SECX3 is good. So is the top of every other conference, especially the P4.  SECX3 has bottom feeders that let you catch your breath like every other conference. And a bunch of teams in the middle just like every other conference. 

The best proof of this is how programs do when they move conferences. Successful programs do well in whatever conference they’re in. Utah is the best example of that kind of program.

Mediocre programs are mediocre in any conference. Guess who exhibit A is here?  That’s right, TAMU. They have been a good, but not great team, in every conference, every decade, every era of CFB. They are who they are. And they will continue to be what they are. Mediocre. 

I'd like to point out Nebraska and Missery as exhibits B and C please.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 4:41 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

This was never going to happen. TV wants the game. 

we have seen the control TV has scheduling our games

if TV wanted this game it would be T+1 this year up against:

corn/hawk

pete/ralph

utes/knights

mac game

mac game

sunbelt game

that's it

a horn night game would be the #1 draw friday night in the tv universe

instead, unless aggy pulls off a miracle and comes in to the game above .500 and contending for a bowl, this year's game will disappear up against:

michigan/ohiostate

barn/bama

florida/flastate

georgia/gtech

0u/lsu

klan/klanaggy

pig/tig

cock/clemson

huskie/duck

domer/condom

nc/ncstate

va/vatech

az/azstate

+ another 30 games

why isn't our game on T+1?   why is it buried on T+2?

Edited by Hagbard Celine

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we have seen the control TV has scheduling our games

if TV wanted this game it would be T+1 this year up against:

corn/hawk

pete/ralph

utes/knights

mac game

mac game

sunbelt game

that's it

a horn night game would be the #1 draw friday night in the tv universe

instead, unless aggy pulls off a miracle and comes in to the game above .500 and contending for a bowl, this year's game will disappear up against:

michigan/ohiostate

barn/bama

florida/flastate

georgia/gtech

0u/lsu

klan/klanaggy

pig/tig

cock/clemson

huskie/duck

domer/condom

nc/ncstate

va/vatech

az/azstate

+ another 30 games

why isn't our game on T+1?   why is it buried on T+2?

They haven’t designed which game will be on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday yet.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Oh Billy

IMG_3303.jpeg.e5177883d6a487817df82b8b6ec12bdc.jpeg

This is EXACTLY how TAMU should calibrate their expectations EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  Instead, they circle-jerk each other into expectations of a CFP championship every single year and then react with rage when it doesn’t materialize. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/4/2024 at 1:25 PM, TKthunder2 said:

Okay, I’m all for shitting on aggy but I can’t let this TCU bullshit pass either.

TCU was in the MWC for 7 seasons and had 6 season with 10+ wins.

In the MWC TCU basically had a 4 game season where even those teams typically weren’t as good as the top end of the Big 12.

TCU has been in the Big 12 for 12 season and has had 4 season with 10+ wins. The grind difference between the MWC and the Big 12 is real.

Now they’ve had success obviously, but they no longer get those easy gimme games against UNLV and New Mexico built into their schedule. They now build their program in cycles and waves (which is a wise strategy) to compete with the more difficult grind.

There is a major difference between the Big 12 and the SEC, FULL STOP. While both conferences are full of quality teams the top of the SEC is significantly better. That means, yes, the SEC is more difficult, but does NOT mean Mississippi State/Arkansas are better than Iowa State/Kansas. That the stupid argument aggy has been claiming for a decade+ which is dumb.

The difference for Texas will be adjusting to playing more games like Georgia, Alabama, and LSU in the middle of their conference slate, not playing more teams like Kentucky. I’d argue that those more mundane game might even be easier than the Big 12 because those teams have to play more than two big time games a year so they can’t go all out jihad against us like the Big 12 did (with the obvious exception of aggy and Arkansas).

There are a couple of things going for Texas with the move.  The mid to bottom tier teams won't be circling Texas on the map as their make or break season and we are done with some of the rampant corruption in officiating that we observed in the B12 and the blatant bias from conference.    I believe they call holding as well and do not just let the offensive line nullify the defensive line with endless holding.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Oh Billy

image.thumb.png.3f3300916a53cad95b1d87c4eff6c641.pngimage.thumb.png.586708c60b4fbefbb4d118d6a2f38eaa.png

I love how someone whose job it is to follow college sports doesn’t understand the NY6 bowls are just the CFP quarter/semi finals now. Must have copy-pasted that last bullet from 2023.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Spindletop said:

Wow.

The only positive thing I can say is that Liucci knows his audience. If he is setting them up for 10-2, the aggy screenshot threads this season will be majestic.

I didn't realize that was William. I figured it was some common form of TexAgs poster. I guess the clue was he keeps repeating the same thing with presumably more gravity each time. 10-2, that's the ceiling. 10-2, there you have it, it's your ceiling. 

8-4 would be good. Willilam never says what he thinks their floor is. Smart move by such a thorough-going dumbass.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

It took Saban a little over a year to establish a culture at Alabama but hey we all know Saban got nothing on Elko.

The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Elko's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the National Championship already.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Nivek said:

The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Elko's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the National Championship already.

Fuck anyone that prefers Raiders over Last Crusade. That third movie had so many perfect scenes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Nivek said:

The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Elko knows terrorists from every town and village from here to the Qatar, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the National Championship already.

FIFY

Untitled-1.706a503d3274e833284a7806afff54f2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The fact that they are preemptively trying to shit on our schedule is all the evidence anyone should need to know their true feelings on how we will do this year.

"I know one ag that told me Michigan has been gutted, they lost their coach and many of their top players, and that necessarily implies they'll be terrible this year and if Texas doesn't win it'll be an embarrassment for the entire UT program.

And during the next sentence he told me that the ags were going to be much improved, despite losing pretty much their entire coaching staff, and many of their top players.  Same as Michigan.  And yet different.

I didn't bother to respond.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The fact that they are preemptively trying to shit on our schedule is all the evidence anyone should need to know their true feelings on how we will do this year.

Scared Super Troopers GIF by Searchlight Pictures

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

"I know one ag that told me Michigan has been gutted, they lost their coach and many of their top players, and that necessarily implies they'll be terrible this year and if Texas doesn't win it'll be an embarrassment for the entire UT program.

And during the next sentence he told me that the ags were going to be much improved, despite losing pretty much their entire coaching staff, and many of their top players.  Same as Michigan.  And yet different.

I didn't bother to respond.

1) I don't think that you will find many people who will think that gutting Harbaugh's staff = gutting Jumbo Fisher's staff.

2) I think that most people think that Michigan will be taking a step back this season.

3) I think that most people think that A&M will be slightly improved this season. (Maybe they will have less talent, but there is almost no way that the culture won't be significantly healthier than last year.)

4) The only obvious regardation from your ag friend's statements is: "if Texas doesn't win it'll be an embarrassment for the entire UT program."

I wouldn't consider it an "embarrassment", but I would consider it a disappointment and a huge missed opportunity.

37 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

3) I think that most people think that A&M will be slightly improved this season. (Maybe they will have less talent, but there is almost no way that the culture won't be significantly healthier than last year.)

image.gif.dbbb5017aac2d8d760e13b6b35a14e1a.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

That’s the face of a man who knows he shouldn’t have eaten 2 fully loaded burritos for lunch and is just waiting for the diarrhea to hit before he calls it a day

He's not waiting for it to hit. He has perpetual diarrhea.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The Elk is going to resurrect the wrecking crew!!

Screenshot_20240508_121928_Chrome.jpg

What mystifies me about these kinds of takes is that Elko isn't some new addition at ATM. The guy was there for four years, hammering the buffet lines and happy hours. He made a dent in the College Station GDP with his presence alone. He had a chance to "resurrect the WC" the first time around. Why did he not do it then but he's going to do it now? Was Jimbo Fisher also quietly holding back the defense's true potential? That guy really is the Alpha and Omega for aggie failure of late, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What mystifies me about these kinds of takes is that Elko isn't some new addition at ATM. The guy was there for four years, hammering the buffet lines and happy hours. He made a dent in the College Station GDP with his presence alone. He had a chance to "resurrect the WC" the first time around. Why did he not do it then but he's going to do it now? Was Jimbo Fisher also quietly holding back the defense's true potential? That guy really is the Alpha and Omega for aggie failure of late, I guess.

They were pretty decent on defense relative to their talent level under him, right?  Not great but ok. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They were pretty decent on defense relative to their talent level under him, right?  Not great but ok. 

Yeah, they stopped the run pretty good because they had DT's playing at EDGE.  Never got much pressure on the QB and any team with a pulse that could pass usually did well against them.  Jimbo milking the clock on offense also made them look good statistically.

• Hook 'Em 7