Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

It doesn't get more aggy than this

DqDkAaEUcAEm7Kw.jpg

One can only imagine the breathless anticipation on the committee as they ponder the excitement and pageantry of seeing A&M losing to Clemson or Alabama again on an even bigger stage.

The Aggies are as good as in the playoff already!

4 hours ago, Goodman said:

The way SEC is allowed to control bowl matchups should be exposed and immediately end. Why would other league commissioners sit back and allow them to run the bowl system?

I’ve never understood why the other conferences play along with it. The Big 12 should just do the same thing and tell them to fuck off. If they decide on a matchup, just change it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

It doesn't get more aggy than this

DqDkAaEUcAEm7Kw.jpg

It's not completely wrong.

That's one of the reasons that ESPN just wrote an article about 1 loss teams touting OU even though Texas just beat them 2 weeks ago. After our Defense shit the bed for most of the 4th quarter, OU's loss looks better than ours. 

We're ranked ahead of OU in both the AP & Coaches Poll and yet ESPN wrote about OU.

Of course, either way we have to win out, but the early buzz looks to be more about OU than us.

7 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Jarrod heard post cal says hi. 

Jerrod Heard's passes against Cal resembled the passes we used to use for kickoffs on the playground when we would call out "P for K" and then heave a moon ball down field.

The WRs were so wide open in the Cal game that they could wait an extra 3 seconds for the ball to come down, because Cal's defense thought that Heard was only going to run the ball. I had never seen a game before that where receivers could just stand still and wait to catch a pass like they were returning a punt and I have never seen a game like that since.

Heard didn't "regress" after the Cal game. What happened was that other teams realized that Texas was going to actually call pass plays with Heard in the game at QB and started telling their CBs to cover the WRs rather than letting them run by them while they and the Safeties played the run like they were defending against a wishbone team. Even bad CBs could cover our WRs in man coverage, because the ball was either going to be off target or would hang in the air for 4 to 5 seconds. You could probably have one CB cover two WRs lined up on the same side, because the ball was going to be in the air so long that the CB had time to close on either receiver.

Again, Heard didn't regress, it was simply that defenses decided to accept that Texas might pass.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That's one of the reasons that ESPN just wrote an article about 1 loss teams touting OU even though Texas just beat them 2 weeks ago. After our Defense shit the bed for most of the 4th quarter, OU's loss looks better than ours. 

We're ranked ahead of OU in both the AP & Coaches Poll and yet ESPN wrote about OU.

Of course, either way we have to win out, but the early buzz looks to be more about OU than us.

So what you’re saying is, we have them right where we want them. 

6 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

The SEC put that in all their bowl contracts.  It’s going to be that way until the contracts are renewed in 2025 iirc but no way does the B12/ACC/B10 let them get away with that the next time around.

Simple...just make them play each other in the bowls....since they don't usually do so during the regular season.

• Like 5

The idea of “better loss” is fucking retarded. When you compare two teams, first up is head to head. The h2h winner gets to drag their nuts all over the losers face. You only bring up “better loss” when comparing two teams who have not played AND after you rate the significance of their wins (ex. record vs ranked teams). Anyone who compares losses is a fuckstain.

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

The idea of “better loss” is fucking retarded. When you compare two teams, first up is head to head. The h2h winner gets to drag their nuts all over the losers face. You only bring up “better loss” when comparing two teams who have not played AND after you rate the significance of their wins (ex. record vs ranked teams). Anyone who compares losses is a fuckstain.

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

"Anyone who compares losses is a fuckstain. So fucking gay."

So.....you are talking about.....aggy!

Contact ESPN and gripe to them. 

I do not work for ESPN  

I am also NOT on the committee that ranks teams from now until early December to provide material for meaningless arguments.

Edited by Napoleon

So far A&M has beaten one team with a winning record. That win was at home in overtime by 3 points. (against a QB that it could be argued Army and Navy would pass on for needing a better passer)

All remaining games are against teams with winning records. They won't know who they are until these games play out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like Ole Miss over Aggy because of their passing game. 

Aggy @ MSU is a pick ‘em at best. 

That game this weekend might be another Kentucky type game.  Mississippi States QB isn't quite as useless a passer as Kentucky's, but he's close.  Going to be real interesting to see how MSU schemes their rushing attack against aggy's 4 DT d-line.    Considering just how slowly each teams offense plays - this game might not clear 3 hours. 

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Texas A&M is 100% going 9-3. The Mississippi teams suck donkey balls. UAB is G5. Auburn sucks too. 

In fact, if they don’t, it would be a huge disappointment. Everyone should be incredibly upset if A&M doesn’t go 9-3. If they don’t, it means something is wrong and all levels of the program should be questioned. 

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So far A&M has beaten one team with a winning record. That win was at home in overtime by 3 points. (against a QB that it could be argued Army and Navy would pass on for needing a better passer)

All remaining games are against teams with winning records. They won't know who they are until these games play out.

So you're saying the rollercoaster has reached it's apex?

12 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

So you're saying the rollercoaster has reached it's apex?

11 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

They might beat Mississippi State, but then it begins.

Fall hasn't arrived when Starbucks pumps out their Pumpkin Spice Latte, no...

Fall officially starts when a&m has reached its apex. It's such an enjoyable time of year.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

klan aggy plays right into aggy's strengths - their QB can't pass for shit.

Too bad Ole Miss isn't more functional - a half-decent Air Raid with those wideouts should be able to dismantle the aggy DBs.

This game might get interesting - Moorehead said yesterday that they are getting Keytaon Thompson more work and some think there is the possibility of him starting against aggy.  That kid is a  better passer than Nick Fitzgerald and still a very effective runner.  MSU knows they need to throw the ball downfield to win against aggy. 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

47 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

aggy has one tough opponent left:  LSU.  Everyone else is dogshit.  If they don't finish 9-3, they suck donkey balls.....which they always do.  So, 8-4 it is. 

I mean.  They were in dog fights with all 3 of: South Carolina, Kentucky and Arkansas.  Kudos for pulling out the wins but Auburn, Miss St and Ole Miss are in that category.

36 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I mean.  They were in dog fights with all 3 of: South Carolina, Kentucky and Arkansas.  Kudos for pulling out the wins but Auburn, Miss St and Ole Miss are in that category.

I see them losing to both Auburn and Ole Miss. Both of those teams have at least an average passing attack, and that is all it takes to beat aggy. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

A&M SHOULD beat Miss State. That should be the expectation for fans and recruits. If they don't, it's just another example of Aggie bluster and not living up to the hype.

What a&m SHOULD do and what they have done for the past 100 years are completely different and it is doubtful that it changes any time soon.

aggy has performed better than I expected at qb and OL. And elko did a very smart thing by using his DTs to cover for his lack of DEs and go all out to stop the run, while just hoping for the best in pass defense.  Smart play in the sec.  that, coupled with Arkansas being more of a greasy tire fire than presumed, and Kentucky building a team with almost zero ability to execute a forward pass, has given aggy the win in games that were toss ups or close. MSU is another one of those toss ups. Do they keep winning them?

id love to see their defense take on a full schedule of big 12 teams. But I’ll settle for tech or wvu in a bowl game. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

aggy has performed better than I expected at qb and OL. And elko did a very smart thing by using his DTs to cover for his lack of DEs and go all out to stop the run, while just hoping for the best in pass defense.  Smart play in the sec.  that, coupled with Arkansas being more of a greasy tire fire than presumed, and Kentucky building a team with almost zero ability to execute a forward pass, has given aggy the win in games that were toss ups or close. MSU is another one of those toss ups. Do they keep winning them?

id love to see their defense take on a full schedule of big 12 teams. But I’ll settle for tech or wvu in a bowl game. 

Aggy would probably go 2-8 in B12 play.

As an Aggie, I'm embarrassed by all the talk of this being anything other than a strong showing for a first year coach against stiff competition.

The best thing Jimbo can do is play close in games we shouldn't win (moral victories! cover the spread, yay) and win the games he should win.

We should win against everyone left on the schedule EXCEPT LSU, which if we beat them that just gets him bonus points. Next year however is a different story, especially if they take 1 of the hard games, they will need to continue by winning all the gimmes + at least 1 if not 2 of the big games against stiff competition. Kentucky doesn't count as they are a dumpster fire of a team who will be unranked soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

As an Aggie, I'm embarrassed by all the talk of this being anything other than a strong showing for a first year coach against stiff competition.

The best thing Jimbo can do is play close in games we shouldn't win (moral victories! cover the spread, yay) and win the games he should win.

We should win against everyone left on the schedule EXCEPT LSU, which if we beat them that just gets him bonus points. Next year however is a different story, especially if they take 1 of the hard games, they will need to continue by winning all the gimmes + at least 1 if not 2 of the big games against stiff competition. Kentucky doesn't count as they are a dumpster fire of a team who will be unranked soon enough.

I think playing MSU in Starkville is going to be quite a different experience than feeling like a "should win" for ATM. The MSU DL against the ATM OL is a brutal mismatch and the dawgs have no reason not to go for broke at home. Fisher's conservatism fucks you guys if there are turnovers coming from pressure on the qb. This weekend's game alters the prism through which half of the public is viewing ATM, moreso than any other game. Win against that DL in Starkville and I can start to fathom 9-3. Lose in Starkville and non-moronic aggie outlooks get updated substantially.