2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

As someone with family from outside Philly, I had to run the "Yeungling craze" by my cousins.  Reactions ranged from it's not good to the "Light" is a solid light beer

While in college in the 90s, I remember asking my uncle about Rolling Rock and how folks in Austin were treating as a sort of craft-ish beer.  He lol'd

I mean it's no Gennesse Cream Ale.

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

As someone with family from outside Philly, I had to run the "Yeungling craze" by my cousins.  Reactions ranged from it's not good to the "Light" is a solid light beer

While in college in the 90s, I remember asking my uncle about Rolling Rock and how folks in Austin were treating as a sort of craft-ish beer.  He lol'd

Both of these are correct. It goes to show that most men like strange in more than just their women. 

33 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I grew I guess about the same time you did.  Rolling Rock was popular among friends who wanted to appear sophisticated down in S. Florida.  We also would slum and drink King Cobra, MD20/20, or whatever we could find.  Boone's Farm would have worked if the sugar volume didn't make me nauseated first.  Yeungling is just a good solid Lager.  I enjoyed it in Morgantown on tap near that lake tavern and in can off of Orange Beach, Alabama.   It is basically similar in fan-fare to Shiner or Anchor Steam.  A decent regional beer and a nice change of pace.   But significantly better than Lost Lake, (Oklahoma's version of Pearl Lite, only less alcohol)

Edited by Nivek

33 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Great  times at Southern Connecticut State College with Genny.

if I only could remember them.......

Edited by TexasTroll

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I grew I guess about the same time you did.  Rolling Rock was popular among friends who wanted to appear sophisticated down in S. Florida.  We also would slum and drink King Cobra, MD20/20, or whatever we could find.  Boone's Farm would have worked if the sugar volume didn't make me nauseated first.  Yeungling is just a good solid Lager.  I enjoyed it in Morgantown on tap near that lake tavern and in can off of Orange Beach, Alabama.   It is basically similar in fan-fare to Shiner or Anchor Steam.  A decent regional beer and a nice change of pace.   But significantly better than Lost Lake, (Oklahoma beer)

Knew a gal from Latrobe, so I got to taste it straight from the source once. Before the craze. It was not good.

Yuengling, I had on tap once in Florida. While it's not in my top ten or anything, it was a million times better than the Heineken/Amstel Light that were the other options at that event. And certainly better than any IPA.

50 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

It's a good thing people from Philly are known for impeccably exquisite taste. 

2 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

I see you are also a refined individual. I, too, purchase my fine glasswares at Bucee's.

Mrs Bob is a big fan of Bocees restroom hygiene, and also their roadie grasses.  

i think the insulated yeti type tumblers are more travel practical, but good luck trying to decipher the inner workings of the female mind.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Love Joel Klatt. This is really good if you ignore Chip, who comes across as a rock biter. Luckily Klatt does most of the talking.

This. 

Klatt seems bullish on Sark, but kind of wait and see on Texas this season. 

He also said the RRR won't be on Fox this season. So there's hope for a 230 kick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Love Joel Klatt. This is really good if you ignore Chip, who comes across as a rock biter. Luckily Klatt does most of the talking.

Joel Klatt is definitely one of the more likable analysts in CFB. He might not say it directly but he wants to see Texas become an elite program again