Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

A LOT of progress has been made FYI. Expect big news this week

Good to hear. Met up with a couple of players at a bar and the NIL failures are bigger than I imagined, so the quicker we can fix it whether it be through the AD or around them, the better.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Good to hear. Met up with a couple of players at a bar and the NIL failures are bigger than I imagined, so the quicker we can fix it whether it be through the AD or around them, the better.

You went to the IT thing? Care to provide cliff notes of the failures that were mentioned?

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

I would just add the comment that NIL will fundamentally realign the powers in college football within the next three recruiting classes. This is much bigger than many people realize. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I would just add the comment that NIL will fundamentally realign the powers in college football within the next three recruiting classes. This is much bigger than many people realize. 

Agreed. Hence our actions now, and if a couple idiots from the internet can make a difference imagine what actual people with big time cash can do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I didn't realize there were rich schools that weren't winning right now. Who do you think is going to be relegated? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

I didn't realize there were rich schools that weren't winning right now. Who do you think is going to be relegated? 

You’re so bitter about this subject it’s funny.  We loose recruits to Stanford and TCU.  That won’t happen going forward (I hope).

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Any school that doesn’t figure out how to ensure it’s players are receiving a lot of NIL dollars.

Just because a school generates a lot of revenue for itself does not necessarily mean it will for its players. Schools that are “less rich” could do a much better job of filling the NIL funnel for its players. The two processes (school revenue vs player revenue) are very different. 

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Any school that doesn’t figure out how to ensure it’s players are receiving a lot of NIL dollars.

Just because a school generates a lot of revenue for itself does not necessarily mean it will for its players. Schools that are “less rich” could do a much better job of filling the NIL funnel for its players. The two processes (school revenue vs player revenue) are very different. 

Makes sense was just wondering if you knew of some that were definitely getting left behind. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

kind of ironic really. UT will focus so hard on making sure the university and athletic program continue to make money that they lose sight of players getting paid. As a result, recruiting suffers followed by success on the field and eventually contributions to university and AD.  Programs that gets their players paid, get better players, and in the long run, have more people contribute to the university/AD.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You went to the IT thing? Care to provide cliff notes of the failures that were mentioned?

Not from IT but basically in the view of the players I met they felt the administration had largely mismanaged the NIL process in terms of giving them real support. They felt they got given some powerpoint slides with rules, a couple do's and don't, and were told "you're free to go, now". They felt like UT should be doing a lot more to help them succeed with their branding and I tend to agree with them (personally I think it would be better if we paid lip service to the dog and pony show that is the NIL rules & regs and just dropped bags, but I have zero power and admittedly zero intent to do anything other than what my Burnt Ends Surly Overlords tell me to do). Thankfully it did seem like they felt/knew alumni aid would be coming soon no matter what so I doubt UT stays behind forever, but it does mean we all need to do the work since I doubt the university will do it for us.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Hook 'Em 1

@RGBIII aren't yall also working on a resource center or marketplace or something? How's that coming? I'm probably alone here but I'm weirdly even more excited about that as a potential Surly impact on NIL (potential multiplier effect if it spreads through the broader UT/Austin community)

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

@RGBIII aren't yall also working on a resource center or marketplace or something? How's that coming? I'm probably alone here but I'm weirdly even more excited about that as a potential Surly impact on NIL (potential multiplier effect if it spreads through the broader UT/Austin community)

This took precedent. We are going to do that next. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Bitter? I'm paying fucking players. What are you doing, bitch? 

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 hours ago, immamac said:

I mean this answer seems obvious which is why you’re seeing lot of Texas fan/website engagement and ultimately why we’re moving to the SEC.

Anyone else get this email saying the following? It’s from the CDC weekly LHF email   .

"We’re also very close to signing a brand licensing deal that will be a tremendous benefit and a game-changer for our student-athletes in the NIL space, so stay tuned for more details on that, as well."

@TwiceHorn @Burt Macklin

Twice, it may be why that page disappeared?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Holy hell, the most amazing shit is happening. My sources tell me it's gonna be huge. I can't tell you what's happening just yet, but let's just say it will change the game. 

Be the first to read the details on what's coming next, by subscribing to my $9.95 newsletter.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well the statute doesn't say an institution can't grant permission/license marks for use in NIL.

So, I'm guessing some people figured out that we might get murdered here and went back to System IP counsel and Pirkey Barber and said how can we grant permission to use our marks without destroying them.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

When are you guys cutting checks?  I want to see video of @immamac delivering stacks of $20's in McRib boxes to the TE room.

Abso-fucking-lutely! If we don't end up with photographs of McDonalds bags full of cash and McRibs, then what the hell are we doing this for?!?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Does this newest development mean we are turning the corner or is this more playing by the rules so it will ultimately blow type groupthink we are known for? 

It should mean that we aren’t getting beaten to a pulp like we are currently

• Hook 'Em 1