Get Ready for a Whole Season of Taunting Flags in the NFL

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

They are cracking down hard because of course, the NFL hates any emotion and personality. So we are going to see flags for stuff like this

17 minutes ago, WBT said:

Am I supposed to care?  Does that show of "emotion and personality" make the game more enjoyable?

Exactly.  Some pinhead talks shit to another player like a chump and gets flagged.  Eh, I'm not bothered by that.  Who needs that cheap bravado in the game?  Do your fucking job and go back to the huddle without preening around like a fucking rooster.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, WBT said:

Am I supposed to care?  Does that show of "emotion and personality" make the game more enjoyable?

It makes the game way, way less enjoyable when you have flags thrown left & right just because guys are amped up after making a big play. I guess you’re a fan of more penalty delays but I don’t know that most people are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It makes the game way, way less enjoyable when you have flags thrown left & right just because guys are amped up after making a big play. I guess you’re a fan of more penalty delays but I don’t know that most people are. 

Exactly.  Killing the pace of play because of stupid penalties makes the game difficult to watch.

• Hook 'Em 2

I really don't care if that gets flagged or not.

But, now that that's a flag, if the games get slowed down too frequently, it's on the players, not the league.  

I'm more annoyed by this entire generation of prima donna, look-at-me athletes than I am by that penalty.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Exactly.  Some pinhead talks shit to another player like a chump and gets flagged.  Eh, I'm not bothered by that.  Who needs that cheap bravado in the game?  Do your fucking job and go back to the huddle without preening around like a fucking rooster.

What isn't needed is yet another reason to stop the fucking game.  It's an ass-kicking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I really don't care if that gets flagged or not.
But, now that that's a flag, if the games get slowed down too frequently, it's on the players, not the league.  
I'm more annoyed by this entire generation of prima donna, look-at-me athletes than I am by that penalty.  

Because Michael Irvin and joe Namath and Brett Favre werent Prima Donna personalities?
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Because Michael Irvin and joe Namath and Brett Favre werent Prima Donna personalities?

Back in the old days, "lunch-pail" "work-a-day" "blue collar" athletes didn't showboat and talk impolitely to one another. It was "Good tackle, sir!" and "Good effort, sir!" and "Say hello to your mother, who is a wonderful person!"

SOMETHING changed. I won't say what, but damnit it was better before... THAT... happened.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Sure, they were.

But there were also a lot of class guys back then like Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, etc.  Those guys knew they hit the genetic lottery and they were lucky to be able to play a kids' game and become multi-millionaires.  I don't hear that much from this generation.  Too many of them act like the game owes them something, the media owes them something, the fans owe them something, instead of the other way around.  The same goes for the NBA, with guys who are too good to give the media 5 honest minutes and bitching about having a dress code on the sidelines.  Every job has a dress code, you fucking children.

Look, I'm all for guys being able to celebrate with their teammates after a score.  But the taunting rule isn't new.  If the league's making it a point of emphasis, so be it.  Put your team ahead of your need for the spotlight, shut the fuck up, and go back to the huddle.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

He just did a couple quick flexes after trucking several defenders. It really shouldn’t be that big of a fucking deal. People that have played sports should understand the emotion after a very physical play or feat of athleticism. 

Oh, fuck off with this "emotion of the game" crap.  Tons of people play competitive sports with emotion and somehow don't feel the need to talk shit to the opponents.

Wonder why that is.... 🤔

6 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Oh, fuck off with this "emotion of the game" crap.  Tons of people play competitive sports with emotion and somehow don't feel the need to talk shit to the opponents.

Wonder why that is.... 🤔

Do tell.

12 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

No argument from me.

Both the NFL and CFB rule books need to be heavily purged of rules, not have them added.   Fucking ridiculous. 

They need to do something to speed up the overall time of a college football game. Perhaps like running clocks or something.

They're on average about 15-30 minutes longer than NFL games.

13 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Earl didn’t need to do that shit.

He was a grown man who was all business and not a showboating punk.

celebrate away from the end of the play with your teammates and not in the face of your defeated opponent.

Then hand the gottdam ball to the ref.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They need to do something to speed up the overall time of a college football game. Perhaps like running clocks or something.

Harsh punishments for the fake cramps and injuries would be a start. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, WBT said:

actually, yes.  sports is considered entertainment, and we want to be able to watch the athletes express themselves on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Harsh punishments for the fake cramps and injuries would be a start. 

Safety protocols would cure that, as well as promote the well-being of the players.

naaaaaaaaah.   Can’t have that.

Just now, 52-80 said:

actually, yes.  sports is considered entertainment, and we want to be able to watch the athletes express themselves on the field.

If they want to express themselves, they can write a fucking poem

1 minute ago, slorch said:

If they want to express themselves, they can write a fucking poem

you squat 500 in the weight room, run through an entire line of 300# men, but then aren't allowed a little flex to express a physical sign of elation.... makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Funniest thing in this thread is Emmitt Smith being nominated as a "Shut up and score" type guy in the vein of Walter and Earl.  No he wasn't.

It seems like Emmitt got the taking of the helmet off after a touchdown rule put in to place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wonder why that is.... 🤔

I like the emotion in this reply. It might not be the type of emotion I was talking about, but I guess it counts. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

you squat 500 in the weight room, run through an entire line of 300# men, but then aren't allowed a little flex to express a physical sign of elation.... makes sense.

That is not a penalty. Feeling the need to tell your opponent about it might be. And that is exactly the point

The people acting like they don’t know what the fuck The difference is between celebrating with your teammates and showing up an opponent is laughable.

go watch your WWE and enjoy yourself.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They're on average about 15-30 minutes longer than NFL games.

There are also a lot more plays in an average college game.

I don't understand wanting less college football.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

There are also a lot more plays in an average college game.

I don't understand wanting less college football.

Is it really less college football or less advertising. Regardless some of these 4 hour regulation games are a fucking drag so yeah I’d like less of those. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is it really less college football or less advertising. Regardless some of these 4 hour regulation games are a fucking drag so yeah I’d like less of those. 

It's less football.  As I mentioned, look at the average number of snaps in an NFL game vs college.