Who's Carrying Today

Horn_Spanker

7 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

Can a business or employer restrict you from carrying concealed, unless you have a LTC?

Basically, okay to carry if you have your LTC but if not no-no. Is there a sign like the 30.06 that is specific to this?

Signage is always a clusterfuck.  Probably the most misunderstood and misapplied part of the whole carry issue. 

There is a new one out 30.05

This whole thing is a big nothingburger.  People who wanted to legally carry already had the LTC, and people who break the law were already doing so.

Image result for 30.05 sign

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I can never tell, who shot Nice Guy Eddie in that standoff?  Larry doesn't look like he moves his gun fast enough after he shoots Joe.  And Mr. Orange doesn't have his weapon anymore after shooting Mr. Blonde.  

Mr White should Joe once and then NGE twice. However, in reality, he doesn't move the gun far enough to the left to actually point it at NGE.

Please gun fags, don't pollute this thread with hot takes on shooting technique and inaccuracies.

By carry, I think you all mean guns. I mean, my son's red-headed friend Laramie carries at HEB, but he is a little Downy. He makes some coin though in tips.

Anyway, I used to carry but I got into a little trouble with the law. Long story short, I used to have a really beautiful garden with all the vegetables and herbs you could imagine. But, I didn't have a lot of land and put it on some public land. For some fucking reason, the sheriff, John Brown, kept my garden down. All the seeds gone, before they could grow. Well, I was walking down the street one day and all of a sudden I see sheriff John Brown aiming to shoot me down. So I shot, I shot him down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Signage is always a clusterfuck.  Probably the most misunderstood and misapplied part of the whole carry issue. 
There is a new one out 30.05
This whole thing is a big nothingburger.  People who wanted to legally carry already had the LTC, and people who break the law were already doing so.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Ho8V169Ku0DjjfQIOlsdZqYcnQgPP5QHhpt5z3C1Jg&s

Looks like 30.05 is saying no firearms, regardless of LTC or not.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Mr White should Joe once and then NGE twice. However, in reality, he doesn't move the gun far enough to the left to actually point it at NGE.

Please gun fags, don't pollute this thread with hot takes on shooting technique and inaccuracies.

Gun fag?  Somebody else posted the video and it just reminded me that I never knew how NGE died.  I sometimes Mr. Pink did it off camera so he could be last man standing with the stones.  There are millions of Texans who can't wait to chime in after a shooting incident on weapons used, technique, etc.  I am not one of them.  It's more of a filmmaking inaccuracy than a shooting analysis.  

I have decided for the second day in a row not to carry my weapon on me in public.  I am curious to see if anyone is while I am at the Capitol and while I am on UT's campus.  As stated several times, this eventually becomes a non-issue but I'm heavily betting on people wanting to "kick the tires" the first few days of the new law and bear arms.

5 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

I have a CHL and disapprove of the new law. I saw my fellow classmates during the class... i dont think half of em should carry on the reg. At least fifty percent of people are derps, after all.

Yep.  The classes are so watered down anyone that can fog a mirror can pass.  They are now all money-makers and in-person infomercials for various crap peddled by the establishment and/or teacher.  

What to know about the new law

Who can carry a gun under the new law?
The law applies only to those 21 or older with a clean criminal record.

Who is excluded from the new law?
A Texan currently disqualified from possessing a firearm will still be prohibited under the new law. Lawmakers also raised the penalties for illegal weapons carried by felons and those convicted of family violence offenses.
The bill allows for the expunction of criminal records for unlawful carrying of a handgun in a nonprohibited place before the Sept. 1 start date.

How can a lawful person carry the gun?
Under the new law, a person can carry a handgun either concealed or carried openly in a holster.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I can never tell, who shot Nice Guy Eddie in that standoff?  Larry doesn't look like he moves his gun fast enough after he shoots Joe.  And Mr. Orange doesn't have his weapon anymore after shooting Mr. Blonde.  

the squibs were all fucked up.  no one shoots him but it was supposed to be Keitel shooting him after Joe.  Looks like Tarantino decided to keep it.

https://screenrant.com/reservoir-dogs-tarantino-movie-eddie-shot-killed-blood/

8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Correct. Never carry in a drinking/eating establishment that displays the 51% sign.

I've seen establishments display the sign despite not making 51% of their revenue from the sale of alcohol for the purposes of on premises consumption. You can look that info up. Presumably an improperly displayed sign could be a defense, but it is better to play it safe.

8 minutes ago, Amos Moses said:

Does this law change how a handgun may be stored in a vehicle for those without LTC?

Nope. Must be concealed or carried openly in a shoulder or belt holster still, I believe. I don't think the law specifies that you have to be actually wearing the holster, however.

6 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I've seen establishments display the sign despite not making 51% of their revenue from the sale of alcohol for the purposes of on premises consumption. You can look that info up. Presumably an improperly displayed sign could be a defense, but it is better to play it safe.

I felt the 51 sign indicated that the establishment derived 51% of its income from food, rather than alcohol. Oh well won't be the first time I was ass backwards.

i have no problems with this law. it will let me know who are the insecure, afraid little pussies. theses guys get hardons and feel like badasses by open carry. they prob have fantasy scenarios playing through the minds of being john wick shooting bitches stopping a gang of criminals. women will swoon, men will fear.

you do you, you insecure pathetic pussy!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

i have no problems with this law. it will let me know who are the insecure, afraid little pussies. theses guys get hardons and feel like badasses by open carry. they prob have fantasy scenarios playing through the minds of being john wick shooting bitches stopping a gang of criminals. women will swoon, men will fear.

There it is...lol

9dcb05a7a697379df6b78e3eb3148340.gif

11181cc5b9feaf9936fa1de864c3fe70.jpg
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

8NBy.gif

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Nope. Must be concealed or carried openly in a shoulder or belt holster still, I believe. I don't think the law specifies that you have to be actually wearing the holster, however.

Correction, it no longer needs to be a belt or shoulder holster, but it does need to be in a holster.

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

No one ever taught them to not show their cards, freaking dumbasses.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Meh.  I don't plan to open carry.  I may carry concealed again.  Going about one's daily business in the city while OCing seems a little odd. 

What do you think about guys like me that carry a pistol while on the deer lease and then need to go into town to pick up deer corn and protein and still having a pistol on your hip?  The pistol is there not because you're afraid of the bogeyman at the feed store but it just happens to be on your hip and you get out to pay for and load your stuff onto a trailer.

Does that qualify one as an insecure, pathetic pussy?  

I need to know because the world values your opinion and will make plans accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

What do you think about guys like me that carry a pistol while on the deer lease and then need to go into town to pick up deer corn and protein and still having a pistol on your hip?  The pistol is there not because you're afraid of the bogeyman at the feed store but it just happens to be on your hip and you get out to pay for and load your stuff onto a trailer.

ALL.  THE.  TIME.

Usually carry a small caliber wheel gun for varmints or something larger if in dense brush and there might be hogs about.  

Meh.  I don't plan to open carry.  I may carry concealed again.  Going about one's daily business in the city while OCing seems a little odd. 
Does that qualify one as an insecure, pathetic pussy?  
I need to know because the world values your opinion and will make plans accordingly.

Do you hunt with a pistol? I mean, I manage to leave my rifle in the truck when I stop by the store and my pistol.

All I have to do is look up when I am at the rifle range to see how fucked up some people are. I could grate cheese with the roof.

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Do you hunt with a pistol? I mean, I manage to leave my rifle in the truck when I stop by the store and my pistol.

All I have to do is look up when I am at the rifle range to see how fucked up some people are. I could grate cheese with the roof.

I carry a pistol at the ranch all of the time. Lots of reasons. I have shot wild pigs with my handgun. Snakes.  Dispatching trapped pigs.  Dispatching snared coyotes.  Self defense (not sure if you noticed but illegals in South Texas are not uncommon and although most are harmless not all are).  

So yes when I run into town I am usually carrying unless I am going out to dinner or something.  But running in for something quick during the day -- yeah, I will keep my pistol. Most of the time it is cool enough and I'm wearing a jacket.  So not open carry.  But this weekend, it is hot as shit, and when I run into town I'll probably be open carrying. It is the only time I would ever open carry.  But no one in South Texas towns gives a shit. I'd rather just run in and out quick and would rather keep the gun on me than in my ranch truck in case someone breaks in.  I never leave a rifle unattended in a vehicle ever.  I like my rifles way too much.

In Houston, I would never open carry.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Then those establishments are breaking state law by falsifying official documents and should be prosecuted.

28 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You can see the same thing in polling places at election time.

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Texas' abortion ban/open carry double whammy has this outsider looking at you people with the side eye.

Abortion for another thread, but the carry is just Texas joining 20+ existing states that have the same law.  Not sure how VT got this passed.  Wild.  

1. Maine
  2. Vermont
  3. New Hampshire
  4. West Virginia
  5. Kentucky
  6. Tennessee
  7. Mississippi
  8. Arkansas
  9. Oklahoma
  10. Missouri
  11. Iowa
  12. North Dakota