LSU@UCLA- f the SEC!

Sbbruin

12 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Man, UCLA fans actually think they’ve got a shot in this one. Y’all are really setting yourself up for disappointment. Hawaii was dog shit and DTR still can’t hit the broad side of a barn. 

16729626.jpg

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This game, as well as Alabama v Miami, is a good illustration as to why the rankings should not start until four weeks of the season have passed.

I mean, in the past week, or so, I have actually heard Sam Howell, D'eriq King and Clemson D.J. mentioned in the same sentence as the Heisman Trophy. It's fucking ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

This game, as well as Alabama v Miami, is a good illustration as to why the rankings should not start until four weeks of the season have passed.
I mean, in the past week, or so, I have actually heard Sam Howell, D'eriq King and Clemson D.J. mentioned in the same sentence as the Heisman Trophy. It's fucking ridiculous.

This is wrong.

Preseason polls add to the hype and excitement.

What you are seeking is for persons to set aside their preaseason biases and rank them as they’ve played. It shouldn’t be that difficult.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

This is wrong.

Preseason polls add to the hype and excitement.

What you are seeking is for persons to set aside their preaseason biases and rank them as they’ve played. It shouldn’t be that difficult.

Yeah, well, it is.       Most of these media types are not really the cream of the crop.

38 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

May I suggest your favorite phrase here?  The “you don’t know what you’re talking about” is excellent this evening. 

31 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

16729626.jpg

Hahaha yeah, I was dead wrong on this one. I just couldn’t see LSU losing with such a talent advantage.

I didn’t catch any of the game. Was LSU that bad or was UCLA good? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Sorry, Bruin it’s going to be like a LSU home game and they’re going to beat your team silly. Literally all of my LSU friends have made the trip and they expect at least 40,000 LSU fans to make the game. The Rose Bowl is smart and they have allowed alcohol sales for the first time in preparation for the Louisiana onslaught.

Ouch! For what it's worth I agreed with you 16 hours ago. 

I'm drunk as shit right now and this post seems vaguely familiar.

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Hahaha yeah, I was dead wrong on this one. I just couldn’t see LSU losing with such a talent advantage.

UCLA looked like a well coached team. LSU didn't play bad, they just got beat.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

LSU clearly has some talent. They had speed everywhere, and came out aggressive and salty. However, UCLA just showed that Black people from Southern California can run and catch too. They came in with a gameplan to attack the linebackers and bring the wood in the running game. On defense UCLA blitzed almost every down. LSU did not handle it well and missed a lot of big plays from being sped up. Going forward, I doubt they see that much blitzing again all year, as well as that kind of running attack outside Tuscaloosa. I think LSU will bounce back this season. I could be wrong, but it just seemed like they got caught by the perfect type of team to beat them.

• Hook 'Em 1

PAC shitting the bed elsewhere tho.  Cal losing to Nevada, huskies go down to Montana, Stanford loses, Uof A losing, Oregon St loses, Oregon escapes Fresno St..  glad someone stepped up today!

edit- and just saw Wazzu lost to Utah St.  What a disastrous day in the PAC. Well not for everyone.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

it looked like last year was no fluke for Ed O.  hes got no QB and lsu will struggle to be bowl eligible. 

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

UCLA whipped LSU’s ass on the LOS on both sides of the ball all game long. It was like watching a bully get pimpslapped in public. And it was glorious. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

7 hours ago, hookem48 said:

UCLA looked like a well coached team. LSU didn't play bad, they just got beat.

I mean, who could have possibly known...that one of the best college coaches in the last 15 years would be able to put together a well coached team in college, despite sucking in the NFL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I mean, who could have possibly known...that one of the best college coaches in the last 15 years would be able to put together a well coached team in college, despite sucking in the NFL.

I thought pretty much everyone thought Chip Kelly was going to suck without the Oregon recruiting advantages. Hell I know pretty much everyone on this board said so including me.

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

LSU clearly has some talent. They had speed everywhere, and came out aggressive and salty. However, UCLA just showed that Black people from Southern California can run and catch too. They came in with a gameplan to attack the linebackers and bring the wood in the running game. On defense UCLA blitzed almost every down. LSU did not handle it well and missed a lot of big plays from being sped up. Going forward, I doubt they see that much blitzing again all year, as well as that kind of running attack outside Tuscaloosa. I think LSU will bounce back this season. I could be wrong, but it just seemed like they got caught by the perfect type of team to beat them.

Just think what Alabama's army of cloned linebackers will do to that offense, especially if LSU can't run the ball.

• Haha 1

Lsu being ranked after last year was hysterical. Watching them get gashed in the run game was fun, especially gaining 3+ yards after contact, or breaking free.

LSU’s qb could be pretty good.

Orgeron is a fraud, that basically won because of his assistants. They all left and he tried to get their understudies or some clone of them, still calling it the Joe Brady offense.

Just saw Fresno State as the next game and figured it was next week.  Really nice win last night.  Gratz.  Here's to other Alliance members strengthening their programs.
Oh good lord, are the resident alliance members on the board going to start this sec-shit now?

OU are our conference mates and I was rooting like hell for the upset yesterday.

LSU are our future conference mates and I enjoyed the hell out of watching UCLA dominate them.

If you want LSU to lose because they're lsu and it's always fun to watch them get knocked down a peg or two, great, but fuck this conference/alliance pride shit.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Oh good lord, are the resident alliance members on the board going to start this sec-shit now?

OU are our conference mates and I was rooting like hell for the upset yesterday.

LSU are our future conference mates and I enjoyed the hell out of watching UCLA dominate them.

If you want LSU to lose because they're lsu and it's always fun to watch them get knocked down a peg or two, great, but fuck this conference/alliance pride shit.

I think you’re projecting.

Go Dogs! Beat the Bruins!