Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

3 hours ago, WizardofHogz said:

Once again, you win the "Dunce of the Day" award...Good GAWD, you guys are clueless when it comes to college football.  You know NOTHING outside of your own program.

Here's the list of the hardest schedules this year, as per ESPN FPI Index:  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-toughest-schedules-Top-25-ESPN-FPI-Florida-Alabama-Arkansas-Ole-Miss-Tennessee-Georgia-164381452/#164381452_14

Here is a link using the same index for 2020 schedules:  https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/espn-ranks-secs-toughest-schedules-for-2020/

And just to show you that this isn't a "flash in the pan", here's a link to an analysis of the schedules from 2003 to 2010.  Scroll down to the third table to see the list of the toughest schedules over that 8 year period.   Pay particular note to who is #1 in SOS in that stretch, and who is #50.

See, I'm so 'fucking dumb" that I use actual, verifiable FACTS to make my points.  Something you "talk first, think later (if ever at all)" fools know nothing about.

It's gonna be interesting when Bevo steps out of a conference in which he bullied everyone and demanded coddling into a conference where he'll just be another team.

I posted an index based on the results of the season, at year end. It is just as much a fact as anything you posted.

You promised to post 3 links but only posted two.

Your first link is a PROJECTION, not a fact or even an index. It is just a projection based on the previous year.

Your second link is only SEC teams. Nobody cares where you rank in the scope of only one conference. Now, the article does contain an embedded link to https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi/_/view/resume/season/2018/sort/resume.avgsosrank/dir/asc

That link does break down sos for previous years but it supports my original post not your idiotic rant.

There is no third link.

Dumbass.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Are those the same people that ranked LSU this season?

No, but you do have a point, of sorts...they ARE the same media fools who claim"Texas is back!" every time the Horns win a game over anyone of remote significance early in the year, only to be cornholed the next week by someone mediocre.  Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that proclamation.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 36

40 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Translated: I cherry picked random years to make our numbers look better.

You need a new translator, dipshit.  What it really means is that Texas cannot demonstrate anywhere near that kind of SOS over a similar period, but WILL soon.  And the butt-hurt around here will be EPIC...

• Fuck You 40

17 minutes ago, pacman said:

I posted an index based on the results of the season, at year end. It is just as much a fact as anything you posted.

You promised to post 3 links but only posted two.

Your first link is a PROJECTION, not a fact or even an index. It is just a projection based on the previous year.

Your second link is only SEC teams. Nobody cares where you rank in the scope of only one conference. Now, the article does contain an embedded link to https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi/_/view/resume/season/2018/sort/resume.avgsosrank/dir/asc

That link does break down sos for previous years but it supports my original post not your idiotic rant.

There is no third link.

Dumbass.

You are correct...my mistake.

Here is that third link: https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2011/7/14/2274767/strength-of-schedule-college-football

• Fuck You 20

8 minutes ago, Wizardofhawgz said:

they ARE the same media fools who claim"Texas is back!" every time the Horns win a game over anyone of remote significance early in the year,

This is something that the sports media does because the world needs a hero and the insecure (aggy/arky) need someone to blame for their failures.

wall-want.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Like I said -- boring, in the best possible way. 20+ carries for Bijan, 200 or so yards from Card (or Thompson if need be), and profit. No MENSA necessary. Just line up and beat 'em.

Here is the thing line up and beat them was the MENSA strategy which made him predictable. What we saw from Sark week one was make adjustments to what the opponent is doing and beat them. I prefer the later until we are disciplined and talented enough to actually just line up and beat teams.

Edited by DanTheHorn

7 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Lol just stop responding to this loser. His posts are full of shit and have been pretty boring. Pathetic when you have to go to another team’s board and beg for acceptance lol

I'm not "begging for acceptance".  I am your superior.  I knew that before I cam here, but it's been reinforced in spades since my arrival.  But in this environment, I don't expect to be acknowledged; nor, do I need (or even want) to be.  It's just amazing to see all of the self-delusional horse shit that you morons post over here. 

I know more about TEXAS football than 95% of the people here...not because I'm a Longhorn fan...but because I have true appreciation and deep knowledge of the entire college football landscape.  There are a few "old heads" here who seem to be good fans with something approaching perspective on this series and college football in general.  In another setting, without all of the "wild life", I'd probably enjoy a civil discussion with them.  But most of you are just jacking off with a keyboard.  Into your own faces, I should add.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 37

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Remember when they were running around here talking shit about how the CWS was just going to be a coronation, but then their stupid fucking team couldn't beat NC State at home?

I remember.

But…but… they were 3-0 at Globe Life in February don’t you remember. Then won the SEC regular season title outright, then the conference tournament, then… did what Arkansas does and choked once again. Rinse and repeat

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wizardofhawgz said:

Hey you Alzheimer's fuck...you....already....posted....this...don't....need....post....more....than....once...

Sad when you can't remember what you posted 6 minutes ago...lol

look you Deliverance wannabe...the fact that I double posted that should help you with your attention span. Now go back to working on your thesis about how one should know how to pick up a turd from the clean end....

Edited by oldhorn2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Octavian said:

According to the ESPN FPI SOS link you posted:

2021: Ark - 90, Texas - 56

2020: Ark - 3, Texas - 34

2019: Ark - 24, Texas - 19

2018: Ark - 43, Texas - 4

2017: Ark - 31, Texas - 33

2016: Ark - 6, Texas - 21

2015: Ark - 7, Texas - 9

2014: Ark - 3, Texas - 11

2013: Ark - 12, Texas - 7

2012: Ark - 17, Texas - 10

2011: Ark - 39, Texas - 7

Average: Ark - 27.5, Texas - 21.1

So in the last ten years, Texas has averaged a tougher schedule and has had the outright tougher schedule 6/10 times. Your own numbers don’t back you up you uneducated turd.

He seems like an alternative facts person.

12 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

You may have palsy and I’m not clowning that  but you write like you have downs from inbreeding. 2005 squad would have rubbed their balls all over your greatest sec team ever eat shit 

nice to meet u   your team was ahead of the curve in 2005   and kudos for that but after 05 mack went downhill  in recruiting  

u can think or say whatever u want about me   i wrtie like this because its what i know   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

6 hours ago, Gohogs14 said:

Pretty fair assessment. IIRC it was CB LaDarrius Bishop who gave up the long TD pass though, at least he was the one trailing the WR by about 15 yards. We really need to find a better 2nd corner - DB Myles Slusher may get some PT there this weekend after being held out with a minor injury last Saturday.

I thought the RBs did fine, averaged nearly 6 YPC but maybe it was on the OL I haven't analyzed it that much. The drops really hurt and we could have had 1-2 more TDs if we didn't have crucial drops that killed drives...also might have gotten KJ's completion percentage above 70% despite a poor game passing the ball from him. Treylon Burks dropping 2-3 passes is very uncharacteristic of him.

You might be all right.

4 minutes ago, mrhog said:

nice to meet u   your team was ahead of the curve in 2005   and kudos for that but after 05 mack went downhill  in recruiting  

u can think or say whatever u want about me   i wrtie like this because its what i know   

You can stay for entertainment value alone.

Edited by cactusflinthead

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The SEC was garbage in 2005. That stood out in mrhog's wall of stupid. 

wall of stupid   huh  it might been garbage in 2005  but u will like it  when 9-3 10-2 gets u in the 12 team playoff when in the big 12  u would been hoping for a 12 seed  

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I just hope that when we do join the SEC and face that brutal schedule, that we can somehow some way avoid losing to Texas A&M for NINE STRAIGHT YEARS. Good luck on avoiding #10 this season. We are all counting on you. Also, since we are new to the conference, can you please tell us if San Jose State, Western Kentucky, and North Texas are in the Eastern or Western divisions of the SEC? 

that was known  as the chad error   dude family did not even move  with him   and he was a high school math teacher  i am not great at math  i bet all u had to do in his class is count to 10 to get a A 

Pig won 3 games last year. Three. Against shitty opponents whose records totaled 10-19. They got blown out against every ranked ranked opponent, save aggy, who let them score 14 in the fourth quarter to only lose by 11.  They didn't exactly show much to strike fear with their Rice performance last week.

Could they win? Anything's possible, I suppose. They will have a stadium filled with drunken hillbillies for a night game. The crowd will be raucous and Texas is bringing in a young qb. Their def. coordinator is no scab, and the Texas o-line revealed some flaws last week.

But PK already showed us he can scheme to contain a mobile qb. And Sark has Bijan plus gets guys the ball in open space. (Bama rushed for 5 td's against pig last year... yes, Texas is not Bama, but still...). The drunken, rowdy bravado can only carry you so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Love the content.  That being said, I kind of wish Sark could have used that 1 hr to prep/rest or whatever else he needs to do as opposed to spending time doing LHN content although im sure thats part of his job this year. 

FIFY

Edited by Burt Macklin

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Brian Jones picks Arkansas to win. ICF shows that we have lost 4 strait road OOC games.

Maybe we'll win. Maybe we'll lose. It won't have anything to do with that streak.

Sports pundits are backward-looking morons which is why they over-rated a good Louisiana team and under-rated a good Texas team.

They spend their professional lives making predictions. They're generally guesses but they feel like they have to add some sort of statistical element to their bloviations so they sound smarter than they are. It's a low bar.

By the reasoning above, we likely will never win a road OOC game ever again. It's math!

If we lose, Arkansas beat us. Period. They won't be aided by that absurdly short streak. If we whup them, it won't be because we found some magic powder that broke some sort of curse.

Brian Jones amuses me. If he leaned on that stat, he disappoints me.

Fayetteville will be a hostile environment full of screaming hillbillies. That's worth something. They may have found a good coach and staff. That's worth something. Streaks? Who gives a shit?

• Hook 'Em 4