Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

44 minutes ago, iamjethro said:

Responding to why Hogs win:

I don't have any "reason".  I think it is possible, because although Texas has higher recruiting rankings and is much higher ranked this year, it doesn't always just go that way.

Arkansas is better than they have been in some time.  i am not sure that, outside the SMU death penalty, anything has hurt a program quite as deeply as the "Smile" year, the fall of Beliema and the Morris years did.  The emotional health of the Razorbacks was completely gutted.  Pittman has started the rebuild with attitude and pride.  AND IT ABSOLUTELYHAD TO START THERE.  Pittman grew up a Hog fan and can understand the old ARK/TEX dynamic.  I do not know if any player on either team can do that.

So, personal opinion, Arkansas may be out talented but they will not quit.  If Texas cannot distance themselves from us and it goes late with a close score, the Hogs will have a slugger's chance.  And this board will either be complaining that they are not what the first week suggested and the world is ending (hey, it is what forums do) or complaining that a lesser team beat them and looking to find excuses.

Barring an Auburn ending from last year, if the Hogs lose I will say that we are not there yet, but light years ahead of 2 years ago and this is a mid-term grade in a rebuild to see how well we are progressing. If we win, I am hoping at least a few of the people here will acknowledge we are just found a way to outplay you and make a win happen.

I'll admit that Arkansas does look to be headed in the right direction under Pittman and having little Briles as an OC doesn't hurt. I am not sure what kind of crack Morris was smoking but God damn his time at Arkansas was a train wreck. I suspect y'all will get better but it might take another season to clean up the Chad Morris disaster. In short, Arky isn't ready yet. Prepare your anus for the Longhorn beefsteak.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, iamjethro said:

Responding to why Hogs win:

I don't have any "reason".  I think it is possible, because although Texas has higher recruiting rankings and is much higher ranked this year, it doesn't always just go that way.

Arkansas is better than they have been in some time.  i am not sure that, outside the SMU death penalty, anything has hurt a program quite as deeply as the "Smile" year, the fall of Beliema and the Morris years did.  The emotional health of the Razorbacks was completely gutted.  Pittman has started the rebuild with attitude and pride.  AND IT ABSOLUTELYHAD TO START THERE.  Pittman grew up a Hog fan and can understand the old ARK/TEX dynamic.  I do not know if any player on either team can do that.

So, personal opinion, Arkansas may be out talented but they will not quit.  If Texas cannot distance themselves from us and it goes late with a close score, the Hogs will have a slugger's chance.  And this board will either be complaining that they are not what the first week suggested and the world is ending (hey, it is what forums do) or complaining that a lesser team beat them and looking to find excuses.

Barring an Auburn ending from last year, if the Hogs lose I will say that we are not there yet, but light years ahead of 2 years ago and this is a mid-term grade in a rebuild to see how well we are progressing. If we win, I am hoping at least a few of the people here will acknowledge we are just found a way to outplay you and make a win happen.

It's a rivalry game. I don't think anyone realistically will feel comfortable until we get up numerous scores (if that happens).

• Hook 'Em 2

I would just like to  say fuck Arkansas and their shitty fans. 
It’s a joke their no CWS championship winning ass call themselves “Omahogs”. 
Their football team sucks shit through a straw and their fans live in a miasma of chicken dust & second hand meth lab fumes. 
Fuck them in the goat ass. 
Mudhole. 
You are so so wrong about the piggies. So wrong your post is an embarrasment to the surly, and you owe every morbidly obese arky fan wearing a pig hat a sincere apology.

The meth lab fumes are all first hand, everyone there has their own special recipe.

9 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

@MuellerHorn are you a surgeon?  sounds like piggy wants to play the starter dlineman Ridgeway despite having appendectomy 2 weeks ago (https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-defense-ready-for-talented-Texas-offense-170322039/)

are his guts going to explode halfway through the game?

Someone weighed in on this on the first page or two. Short answer is cleanup on aisle 4.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texans_are_so_dumb said:

she has one leg and more accomplishments in life than you… is this even relevant to football or are you just an edgy fuck? 

Blacking out and waking up naked next to your brother isn't an accomplishment in Texas but I understand the confusion. 

• Haha 4

On 9/6/2021 at 1:36 PM, Speedway said:

The rivalry between Texas and Arkansas may have cooled over the past thirty years since the hogs left the old Southwest conference.  So my recommendations may be outdated and overblown, I don't know.  However, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

So, I would strongly recommend not leaving a personal vehicle with any Texas identification (licenses plates, registration sticker, TxTag, etc.) anywhere in Fayetteville next Saturday unless your insurance is up-to-date and your deductible is low.   Rent a vehicle with non-Texas plates and buy the extra insurance.   Needless to say, when your vehicle is left unattended, any evidence of being associated with the Texas Longhorns should be removed.

Additionally, I would not let anyone I cared about park and walk to Reynolds wearing Texas Longhorn gear or Burnt Orange colors.  Take a taxi and get dropped-off at the gate.   After the game is over you won't be able to get a taxi so pre-plan a pickup right at a stadium exit.  Traffic will be bad, so don't expect your pickup to be prompt.   I would not leave the stadium until all the crowd clears out.

The area immediately around the stadium should be pretty much safe for anyone wearing Burnt Orange Saturday night.  But walking any distance from Reynolds to your vehicle (parking) will make Columbus look like Vacation Bible School.  Especially if the locals have the "scat" juice ready to be tossed on Texas fans walking from the stadium after a Longhorn victory.  Be safe and good luck going to the game in Fayetteville.   I suspect you are going to need it.

fayetteville’s a nicer city than 99.9% of the towns in texas. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 42

On 9/6/2021 at 2:11 PM, Octavian said:

Lmao. Your average record over the last decade is 0.361, your school doesn’t crack the top 150 in the country (never mind the world), your top employer is literally Walmart/Fast Food, Fayetteville is an absolute shithole, and your state has been in the bottom five worst states to live in like you’re trying to set a record for it.

look up fayetteville before you display your nationally recognized arrogance again. 

• Fuck You 35

2 hours ago, texans_are_so_dumb said:

something about this topic tells me texas fans are still upset about getting their asses whipped the last time these two teams played 😂 hopefully y’all score more than 7 points this time. 

Hadn’t thought about it till this week. At the time I can remember concern more than anything else. It was a sure sign that Charlie was in over his head and the program had deep structural problems.

13 minutes ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

I look forward to a time when this matchup would’ve garnered a Gameday visit instead of game in flyover country.

Here is to hoping our programs are there in short order.  

It's poking the surly geography bear to say it, but isn't Arkansas pretty solidly flyover country? It's a landlocked central state with no major cities or airports.

The strategy of coming in hot talking mad shit in the game week thread is not working out so well for these hog fans. I would say stay a while, but even the smart posters on the Arkansas sites are so dumb it hurts. It's like you have never watched football in your life and just rely on elementary school level insults to make you feel like your team is good. 

I also don't understand talking shit on behalf of other teams that you have been made their bitch, and I'll never understand this claim of arrogance. It's not arrogant to tell everyone else to get fucked and lose, that's normal. I hate to say it but even our toothless idiot neighbors to the north in Oklahoma look like Mensa level geniuses next to your fans. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Arkansas might be the biggest benefactor of Texas joining their conference. They were only good because of Texas recruits, and when they left for the SEC those pipelines dried up. Now with Texas and aggy in the same conference again, they should be able to open up some of those pipelines again.

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Arkansas might be the biggest benefactor of Texas joining their conference. They were only good because of Texas recruits, and when they left for the SEC those pipelines dried up. Now with Texas and aggy in the same conference again, they should be able to open up some of those pipelines again.

Oh, Arky is getting pipe somewhere alright…..

6 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Hey now. Lets have some respect on Patience's name. Ive known that girl since she was on my sons t-ball team. Played infield. Yes with one leg. Thats one special young woman. Be nice. 

I love a good story about overcoming disabilities and contributing. 

image.png.a08c4a2dbf4f132d1695822484ad6005.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, F250 said:

I'll admit that Arkansas does look to be headed in the right direction under Pittman and having little Briles as an OC doesn't hurt. I am not sure what kind of crack Morris was smoking but God damn his time at Arkansas was a train wreck. I suspect y'all will get better but it might take another season to clean up the Chad Morris disaster. In short, Arky isn't ready yet. Prepare your anus for the Longhorn beefsteak.

Saw where Morris broke Allen’s 80-something game win streak in just two games. Pretty unbelievable he lasted as long in college as he did.

28 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Hey now. Lets have some respect on Patience's name. Ive known that girl since she was on my sons t-ball team. Played infield. Yes with one leg. Thats one special young woman. Be nice. 

Just posting random cheerleader and girl pics of our opponents per usual brah relax

• Hook 'Em 1