Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

38 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

They are and have always been the hybrid of Sooner fan & Aggie fan.

I think the last 40 years of football ineptitude has beaten them down into being more like their Aggie counterparts than the Sooner variety.

Excellent analysis. They were really good for a couple of decades. They're sometimes good now. Their national championship (natty to you ags out there) is 25 years younger than A&M's. When A&M could barely scrounge a win per decade against us, Arky was competitive indeed. I guess any hog under 65 doesn't have a feel for when they won their conference and won big bowl games.

Still, we can see from this thread that the RazorAggies are not as pervasive as AggyAggies are in their fan base.

I'm excited about renewing this game. Traditional rivalries make the college game great.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Is that the game where Orakpo mashed their QBs into a fine powder and snorted it on the 50 yard line off of Bobby Petrino's desicated corpse? 

All I remember from that game is a true freshman Tyler Wilson getting concussed multiple times way before he was ready for college football, then missing the rest of the season with "mono" and eventually getting that season of eligibility back.

Dude started his college career with that and ended it with John L. Smith 😂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Noticing a marked lack of discussion on this one. Assuming pig has paint-thinned it out of their collective memories.Screenshot_20210909-153035_ESPN.thumb.jpg.33df0d00d7d41a79739494cce55f03e5.jpg

That was a fun one. Then they used aggy joining the conference as an excuse to get out of the ass beating we were going to deliver to them at home in 2009.

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Excellent analysis. They were really good for a couple of decades. They're sometimes good now. Their national championship (natty to you ags out there) is 25 years younger than A&M's. When A&M could barely scrounge a win per decade against us, Arky was competitive indeed. I guess any hog under 65 doesn't have a feel for when they won their conference and won big bowl games.

Still, we can see from this thread that the RazorAggies are not as pervasive as AggyAggies are in their fan base.

I'm excited about renewing this game. Traditional rivalries make the college game great.

RazorAggies.... hmm.... PigAggies.... Paggy?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, elguapo said:

That was a fun one. Then they used aggy joining the conference as an excuse to get out of the ass beating we were going to deliver to them at home in 2009.

They only postponed it until now.  Their bill is due, and it's going to be an expensive one.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The 2008 Arkansas game was one of the early games that accumulated the feeling among Longhorn fans that this team might actually be pretty damn great. None of those early opponents were all that good (FAU, UTEP, Arky, Colorado), but our offense seemed to hum along each game racking up points and our defense was pretty stout. 

Also, that game was the first I attended with my daughter. Here she is in the stands, with a look of pure joy.

0FF2569C-5D38-4DF3-A438-D01B9E258636.jpeg

That's the look of a young girl giggling after saying "Your Mother!"

• Haha 1

i also have a lot of preseason college football mags  going back form 1987 sporting news to 2021 lindy's and athlon   i will get phil steele  in time   i just hate how he whine about just a 4 team palyoffs  and if u read his mag close his team previews are almost copy/paste form year to year   other than the updated rosters phil is overrated   

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Daichee Bell said:

Sweep the appendix, Johnny!

Technically the appendix is in the bucket, then over to pathology for review, then final stop: BillyBobs Bait&Tackle . Possibly in a bass’ belly.

I would say sweep the appendiceal stump or at least the ascending colon.

Edited by El Squared
  • Haha 5

I’m at a big resort in Riviera Maya right now Saturday. Looks like my streaming options don’t work here. Resort has a great sports bar, but I’m not sure the game will be on or not and I don’t trust the overly agreeable staff here who assure me it wilI. I will gladly leave the resort if I need to, to watch the game.

Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the OB War Room (I'm assuming this is from Anwar)

Spoiler

Another source of Sarkisian’s frustration this week has been trying to find ways to keep backup quarterback Casey Thompson in Austin.

Sarkisian and members of his staff remain concerned about the possibility of Thompson transferring before this season is over. Even though logic says Thompson should wait until the regular season ends before entering the transfer portal, multiple people behind the scenes are concerned about Thompson’s immediate future at Texas.

Thompson informed Sarkisian during training camp that he did not intend to back up Hudson Card this season, according to my source. The quarterback was not shy about informing Sarkisian about his desire to start after sitting behind Sam Ehlinger for three seasons. Thompson informed Sarkisian that he did not want to hold a clipboard for another season.

One source told me Sarkisian has been on pins and needles because he does not want to lose Thompson. If Thompson entered the transfer portal this season, Sarkisian’s only scholarship backup quarterback option would be freshman Charles Wright.

Before Louisiana, Sarkisian said Thompson would play in the season opener. Thompson entered the game in the third quarter and completed 4-of-5 passes for 41 yards and one touchdown. In addition, Sarkisian said Thompson would play against Arkansas on Saturday.

“Again, there's not an exact timetable or series that'll happen,” Sarkisian said on Thursday. “There's going to be a little bit of a feel, which we're pretty comfortable doing.”

I was told Thompson has not voiced his displeasure to teammates and coaches behind the scenes. However, everyone is aware of Thompson’s unhappiness and transfer potential.

My favorite part is the how the first 6 paragraphs are about Casey Thompson voicing his displeasure, but the last one says "I was told Thompson has not voiced his displeasure to teammates and coaches behind the scenes. However, everyone is aware of Thompson’s unhappiness and transfer potential."

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

I’m at a big resort in Riviera Maya right now Saturday. Looks like my streaming options don’t work here. Resort has a great sports bar, but I’m not sure the game will be on or not and I don’t trust the overly agreeable staff here who assure me it wilI. I will gladly leave the resort if I need to, to watch the game.

Help?

Surely your Mexican resort gets ESPN- you’ll be fine 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mrhog said:

i couild see this game going 1 of 3 ways  

1 tex 45-17  

2 tex 28-24

3 ark 28-24   

Kinda agree with this. If one team wins in a blowout, it won't be your hogs. Close games under Herman went our opponents way more times than not, and although jury is still out on Sark Texas Football I am more optimistic. 

Edited by perfectchaos007

1 hour ago, mrhog said:

i couild see this game going 1 of 3 ways  

1 tex 45-17  

2 tex 28-24

3 ark 28-24   

I see two things happening. 

1) Y'all let Bijan go for 200+ yards overall on the way to a 3 TD performance and a comfortable double digit win for the horns.

2) You return to the board to eat crow, respectfully, and as a gesture of your appreciation for being hosted here in good spirits (despite your team being donkey balls and most other arkies certified walking breathing tumors).... You use your first punctuation period on the board. 

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Help?

A good VPN should allow you to stream espn. I use NordVPN to watch games and other American  shows when I travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Lives! said:

Help?

Dude they will obviously get ESPN. This isn't on LHN. If I went to a nice resort on the peninsula and they didn't have fucking ESPN on their TVs that would be my chief complaint.

4 hours ago, sith_horn said:

Alternative Texas Depth Chart and Football Roster:

My apologies for omitting some data on Kitan Crawford and Ishmael Ibraheem in the first depth chart posted previously. Corrected in the file below:

Texas Depth Chart vs Arkansas - Game 2_2021.pdf

Texas Football Roster _ 09-08-2021.pdf

Edited by sith_horn
Post Corrected Depth Chart.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

From the OB War Room (I'm assuming this is from Anwar)

Hide contents

Another source of Sarkisian’s frustration this week has been trying to find ways to keep backup quarterback Casey Thompson in Austin.

Sarkisian and members of his staff remain concerned about the possibility of Thompson transferring before this season is over. Even though logic says Thompson should wait until the regular season ends before entering the transfer portal, multiple people behind the scenes are concerned about Thompson’s immediate future at Texas.

Thompson informed Sarkisian during training camp that he did not intend to back up Hudson Card this season, according to my source. The quarterback was not shy about informing Sarkisian about his desire to start after sitting behind Sam Ehlinger for three seasons. Thompson informed Sarkisian that he did not want to hold a clipboard for another season.

One source told me Sarkisian has been on pins and needles because he does not want to lose Thompson. If Thompson entered the transfer portal this season, Sarkisian’s only scholarship backup quarterback option would be freshman Charles Wright.

Before Louisiana, Sarkisian said Thompson would play in the season opener. Thompson entered the game in the third quarter and completed 4-of-5 passes for 41 yards and one touchdown. In addition, Sarkisian said Thompson would play against Arkansas on Saturday.

“Again, there's not an exact timetable or series that'll happen,” Sarkisian said on Thursday. “There's going to be a little bit of a feel, which we're pretty comfortable doing.”

I was told Thompson has not voiced his displeasure to teammates and coaches behind the scenes. However, everyone is aware of Thompson’s unhappiness and transfer potential.

My favorite part is the how the first 6 paragraphs are about Casey Thompson voicing his displeasure, but the last one says "I was told Thompson has not voiced his displeasure to teammates and coaches behind the scenes. However, everyone is aware of Thompson’s unhappiness and transfer potential."

That's like when I called this bitch passive aggressive and then she flipped out.  I apologized and told her I realized that I was wrong and she was just aggressive aggressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dude they will obviously get ESPN. This isn't on LHN. If I went to a nice resort on the peninsula and they didn't have fucking ESPN on their TVs that would be my chief complaint.

They do have ESPN, but it’s the Mexican version and I don’t want to watch “futbol picante” which is what the guide says they’ll be airing tomorrow.

Looks like I’ll be going the VPN route, unless Playa Del Carmen or some other place near here has an official Texas Exes bar.

3 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

They do have ESPN, but it’s the Mexican version and I don’t want to watch “futbol picante” which is what the guide says they’ll be airing tomorrow.

Looks like I’ll be going the VPN route, unless Playa Del Carmen or some other place near here has an official Texas Exes bar.

This is correct. I have a vacation place in central America. While I have a cable package that includes ESPN, it shows different games. I keep a firetv with VPN on it so that I can log into my streaming accounts.

9 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

Help?

925E2B9C-201F-487A-BC13-DCBD9270F9BF.jpeg

• Haha 1

On3 Predictions:

For just the fifth time in 40 years, the Texas Longhorns trek to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville, Ark. to take on a former Southwest Conference mate in the Arkansas Razorbacks.

What will be the final result of Texas versus Arkansas? The Inside Texas staff offers predictions for the Saturday night contest.

Justin Wells – 30-20, Texas. The crowd will be rabid, quite literally, and I expect the atmosphere to be hostile until the Horns can pull away. Arkansas is pretty limited on offense outside of Treylon Burks, but they have size up front on defense, decent linebackers, and super safety Jalen Catalon. If Hudson Card can keep the ball away from Catalon, I like the Horns in this old-fashioned rivalry.

Eric Nahlin – 27-17, Texas. I’m not so much worried about Hudson Card starting his first road game in a hostile environment as I am in him dissecting the Barry Odom three-deep defense if Texas can’t get the run game going early and often. After getting a few looks at the defense, I do think Card will figure the it out with Steve Sarkisian’s help. For the second week in a row, the Texas defense keeps the QB in the pocket and renders the passing game inefficient. 

Ian Boyd – 31-17, Texas. I see two advantages in this game for Texas and one for Arkansas. The Razorback advantage is in playing this game at Fayetteville. Texas has advantages on special teams and in the crucial battle between Sark/Card and Briles/Jefferson.

Gerry Hamilton – 37-23, Texas. This is a run the ball, stop the run game. With Texas’ experience in the secondary, the Longhorns should be able to stack the box and take some minimal risks in the back end. Arkansas’ receivers are more talented than Louisiana’s, and that is compliment. Keeping Card out of 3rd-and-Jalen Catalon is going to be huge for the Texas offense. Texas is better at quarterback and running back, and that will matter in the second half. The interior of the Texas defense has to be more disruptive this week.

Bobby Burton – 23-20, Texas. The Longhorns showed signs of being a “complete” team last Saturday, while Arkansas looked like two completely different teams in each half against Rice. One game is never enough to know exactly what you’re going to get. I don’t expect Texas to be as successful running the ball or on third-and-long this week, which will put more pressure on the Texas D. The Horns’ D will be pressed in the run game. I don’t like that it’s a night game and in Fayetteville, either. Cameron Dicker needs to come up big.

Joe Cook – 27-14, Texas. The key to the game will be No. 1. No. 1, as in Texas quarterback Hudson Card. He needs to maintain the efficiency he showcased in the first game, just in a difficult road environment. No. 1, as in Arkansas quarterback KJ Jefferson. Pete Kwiatkowski should force the 6-foot-3, 245-pounder to beat the Longhorns with his arm. No. 1, as in Jalen Catalon. Avoid the middle of the field, and therefore Catalon, at all costs.

Scipio Tex – 34-22, Texas. My analysis of the matchup is here. Quick summary: On defense, Texas needs smart pressure to contain KJ Jefferson’s legs and a creative Briles running game. Shade coverage to Burks. On offense, the Horns just need to communicate and play with composure in a tough road environment against a confusing defense. Opportunities will present themselves.  Texas is the better football team and that should win out over time if they keep their cool. 

Hudson Standish – 38-16, Texas. Arkansas is dangerous in the same way that a heel hook or toe hold is dangerous in an MMA fight. Yes the action can submit you, but if you’re prepared, remain calm, and stick to what you’ve been taught more than likely you’re going to wind up in top position beating the other guy’s face in. I think Texas will have to play Arkansas’ game for about a quarter and a half before separating by a couple of possessions and putting the game on cruise control. I’d be a lot more worried about Saturday’s game if I wasn’t confident that the Horns hold the headset advantage with both coordinators.