Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, El Squared said:

I think Paul Klipsch and Klipsch Speakers were elite for a while in the previous millennium.

As far as natural diamonds, they may be elite compared to the rest of the USA. 

Thats all I got.

Fly fishing and klipsch speakers. It is what it is I guess.

2 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Maybe they have our Robinsons mixed up?

Can’t be as bad as the year or two when good Roy Williams and bad Roy Williams both played for the Cowboys and they had to put their full names and middle initials on their jerseys to differentiate them.  I’ll take a little confusion over that mess on the back of the jerseys.

• Hook 'Em 1

CSB alert. 
When Arkansas came to town in 2008 a cute girl walked by our tailgate behind right field at Disch-Falk and just so happened wasn’t wearing any shoes.  Total Walmart feet with asphalt black soles. For some unknown reason I asked her ‘where are your shoes?’ to which she replied ‘we don’t wear shoes in Arkansas, bitch’.  My only response was ‘did she call me bitch?’ and had a laugh.  That hillbilly went down the way into a portapotty to which our friend Magdna followed and then to attempt to tump said portapotty over.  Stopped only by her man, it could have been done and hilarity would have ensued.  To this day I wish she would have knocked over that portapotty.  
/csb

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Can’t be as bad as the year or two when good Roy Williams and bad Roy Williams both played for the Cowboys and they had to put their full names and middle initials on their jerseys to differentiate them.  I’ll take a little confusion over that mess on the back of the jerseys.

cnVINCEd, I’m about to spend way too much time on this, but it has (for me), an interesting payoff.

I couldn’t recall this, and it would have stuck a dagger in my anal retentive subconscious that wouldn’t allow me to forget such an atrocity, so I had to look it up. Roy and Roy only played together at the end of 2008, a year after the NFL stopped using first initials, much less first names on jerseys. 

There was never any official explanation, but Uni Watch's understanding is that the move was prompted by the Patriots' signing of Kyle Brady back in March of 2007: If a "T." had suddenly been added to Tom Brady's nameplate, fans with Brady jerseys would have been left with a choice of either wearing an inaccurate "Brady" nameplate (clearly unacceptable to most Pats fanatics) or having to drop a few hundred bucks on the new version. The NFL honchos are greedy, but they're not that greedy (or at least they don't want to be perceived that way), so they changed the rule. Tom and Kyle have both worn "Brady" with no initial, and teams now have the option to handle these situations however they like.

Which brings us back to the Cowboys and their two Roy Williamses. Speculation was rampant during the first 24 hours after the trade. Would they wear their full names with middle initials (as ESPN.com is now listing them on the Cowboys' roster page)? Would they go with "DEF Williams" and "OFF Williams" to indicate which side of the ball they play on? Or maybe "Williams OU" and "Williams UT," as a shout-out to their colleges?

No, no, and no. "They're both just going to wear 'Williams' on their jerseys," says Cowboys spokesperson Jancy Briles. "They play on opposite sides of the ball and have different uniform numbers, so that should be enough to tell them apart."

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/081017

You may find images of Evil RW with “R. Williams” on the nameplate, but those would be pre-2007.

But then, saw this:

image.png.9c3094b7aac27ff5437edcb4eca82352.png

Scrub Dallas receiver Randal Williams, with his entire first name on the back, so it only makes sense Evil Roy, his teammate for 2-3 years in the early 2000’s, had Roy Williams on the back. But based on the Brady Jersey Rule, I think the league had gone to only last names, no initials or first names by the time UT Roy was ill-advisedly traded to Dallas. But good memory that Sooner Roy had his full name on the back at one point.

But I always remembered this shitshow many years before in L.A. 

image.png.f7c06f71cc9ec04f80ccb554f15341d9.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

cnVINCEd, I’m about to spend way too much time on this, but it has (for me), an interesting payoff.

I couldn’t recall this, and it would have stuck a dagger in my anal retentive subconscious that wouldn’t allow me to forget such an atrocity, so I had to look it up. Roy and Roy only played together at the end of 2008, a year after the NFL stopped using first initials, much less first names on jerseys. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/081017

You may find images of Evil RW with “R. Williams” on the nameplate, but those would be pre-2007.

But then, saw this:

image.png.9c3094b7aac27ff5437edcb4eca82352.png

Scrub Dallas receiver Randal Williams, with his entire first name on the back, so it only makes sense Evil Roy, his teammate for 2-3 years in the early 2000’s, had Roy Williams on the back. But based on the Brady Jersey Rule, I think the league had gone to only last names, no initials or first names by the time UT Roy was ill-advisedly traded to Dallas. But good memory that Sooner Roy had his full name on the back at one point.

But I always remembered this shitshow many years before in L.A. 

image.png.f7c06f71cc9ec04f80ccb554f15341d9.png

I remember it happening, but my memory ain’t what it used to be.

21 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Iowa deserves the Don Draper “I don’t think of you at all” meme. Of the 50:states, where does its relevance/importance rank? You only consider it every four years when the rest of us have to wait for their bizarre caucus shitshow to sort things out. 

CSB/

Went to a winery in Council Bluffs when I was in Omaha for a swim meet and had a free day after my events. Having grown up in NorCal was fully ready to have a so-bad-its-good time and when the winemaker came out looking like a dead ringer for Larry the Cable Guy it all seemed like part of the plan.

But then we started talking, and he was actually great. Said Council Bluffs had a similar terroir/climate as Alsace and really should be able to make good reislings, but the industrial quantities of pesticides they drop on the surrounding corn crops means they have to pick the grapes too early and make sweet syrupy gunk. Fascinating conversation.

/CSB

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TornACL said:

He won't need 20 touches. 

15 carries for 192 yards, 2 catches for 23 yards.  

Arkansas fans on Sunday will gloat that if you take away his 85 yard touchdown run, they held him to under 8 yards a carry.

Bijan will get more than 2 receptions. I think if  the line doesn’t improve they will need him as a passing option for Card but he will get over 200 for the day in total offense. I think they need to lol the SEC part. 

On Game Day in Ames for the Cy-Hawk game I've lost count of the Horns down signs in the crowd. Lulz. Playing their biggest rival, both teams are ranked in the top 10 for the first time ever, and we're living in their heads rent free.

Don't go away mad, just go away.
Idiots
Out
Walking
Around

Looking forward to a very good game tonight. Texas clearly has more talent than Arkansas, but the football isn't round so you're never sure which way it'll bounce. I expect a fairly close game. That is more fun for the winning fans and more painful for the loser.

Ya'll need to stay healthy and beat the hell out of OU.

Just a bit of warning to any religious types that may stay over tonight and go to a church in the morning: If you find a church a few miles out of Fayetteville in any direction, they are probably still using snakes in their services. Maybe pick up some anti-venom at a Wal-Mart. (There's one on nearly every corner).

Welcome to Arkansas. Hope that RV doesn't have any trouble climbing those hills. 

• Hook 'Em 6

12 hours ago, El Squared said:

I think Paul Klipsch and Klipsch Speakers were elite for a while in the previous millennium.

As far as natural diamonds, they may be elite compared to the rest of the USA. 

Thats all I got.

Hey I had a pair of those when I was at Jester dorms in 1980.  They were pretty bad-ass at the time.