RIP Norm Macdonald

Texas Flood

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Conan was interviewing a fellow SNL alum (I think it was David Spade) on his podcast and they agreed Norm was the funniest person they knew. They lamented that Norm never wanted to hang it out. His reclusiveness makes a lot of sense now. 

Exactly. How much David Spade can one put up with?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

RIP Norm. Dirty Work is a fantastic movie. It’s limited by a PG-13 rating, but everyone kills. 

- Norm

- Artie Lange 

- Chevy Chase 

- Don Rickles

- Shooter McGavin

- The actor that plays Pops

Jesus I forgot Farley. Top scenes : 1) The juke box 2) Vietnamese whore bite my nose off confrontation 

I know some of you clowns were at Cap City 10-12 years ago when my buddy’s then-gf got pissed at his teacher joke and she tried to heckle him. I think we discussed it on a previous board.

Probably the best standup I’ve ever seen - as mentioned earlier in the thread - Dracula’s bit was hysterical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KingBobo81 said:

I know some of you clowns were at Cap City 10-12 years ago when my buddy’s then-gf got pissed at his teacher joke and she tried to heckle him. I think we discussed it on a previous board.

Probably the best standup I’ve ever seen - as mentioned earlier in the thread - Dracula’s bit was hysterical.

It was this board. I went ahead and pulled up the thread earlier today in remembrance. It was a great talk.

Damn… damn… damn…. Probably not the most mature response, but I felt kinda mad about the news of Norm’s passing. Probably because I’ve spent countless nights over the past 10 years or so going deep downNorm rabbit holes on YouTube. Absolute expert at timing. RIP, Norm. 

Two of my favorite clips that I don’t think have been posted yet. 

The News

Tiger Woods

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Norm was my favorite comedian.   I’m probably more sad about this than any celebrity death I can remember.

That's tough man. Celebrity deaths are weird. There are hugely famous people that go where I don't even bat an eye and then there are more niche figures that hit me hard. I think Norm was pretty beloved in general but for some of us it's a 61 year old comedian that we enjoyed, for others it's a personal favorite that left a lasting impression.

I have a musician in particular that still fucks me up at times when stuff about him comes up or I listen to certain songs at certain times in my life. It says something about the human experience that we can derive so much emotion from people that we've never met. Pretty fascinating if you think about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

yeah, that heckler chose poorly.  

And kept on choosing poorly. Wow. 

Norm was never the most famous, popular, or commercially successful comedian. But he is probably the most respected by other comics. Ask any well-known standup who their favorite comic is, and Norm’s name will pop out of their mouths. The pros recognize him as the best among them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not at all intending to be disrespectful here, but for the past few years I always thought Norm's face looked a little bit weird when he was on TV. Very puffy compared to rest of his body, like he didn't appear to have gained a lot of weight anywhere but in his face.

Always thought it was weird and just chalked it up to aging, but now it makes sense if he was on medications for the cancer that no one knew about. 

Rip to that dude. One of the funniest of all time and never sold out. 

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Not at all intending to be disrespectful here, but for the past few years I always thought Norm's face looked a little bit weird when he was on TV. Very puffy compared to rest of his body, like he didn't appear to have gained a lot of weight anywhere but in his face.

Always thought it was weird and just chalked it up to aging, but now it makes sense if he was on medications for the cancer that no one knew about. 

Rip to that dude. One of the funniest of all time and never sold out. 

I don’t think that’s disrespectful at all, and you’re right about his appearance. I had thought the same at the time and chalked it up it aging.

I recall Ernie Johnson on Inside the NBA looked similar when he was fighting cancer several years ago. It looked like his face had suffered a bad allergic reaction. I guess it’s a common side effect of some cancer treatments. 

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

This one been posted yet?

I saw this last night, not sure if it was linked up thread or if I was just following the rabbit hole (like many others, it's a rabbit hole I've travelled extensively and yet seems to always yield new hilarity). I think there's a brilliance to... the final joke is a fairly obvious joke, but the route he uses to get there just makes it so that you never see it coming. Lost my shit.

I don't recall why the fuck we were watching a comedy central roast at my college house but I do remember watching this live and just crying while everyone else was just "WTF?". Just the sheer anticipation of his next joke. I remember specifically beginning to lose it at "for the birds" and crying at "a cauliflower!"

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I saw this last night, not sure if it was linked up thread or if I was just following the rabbit hole (like many others, it's a rabbit hole I've travelled extensively and yet seems to always yield new hilarity). I think there's a brilliance to... the final joke is a fairly obvious joke, but the route he uses to get there just makes it so that you never see it coming. Lost my shit.

I don't recall why the fuck we were watching a comedy central roast at my college house but I do remember watching this live and just crying while everyone else was just "WTF?". Just the sheer anticipation of his next joke. I remember specifically beginning to lose it at "for the birds" and crying at "a cauliflower!"

The comedy central roast honestly made me think less of the members of the crowd.  There was all this tepid laughter and what sounds like charity, polite chuckling.  Meanwhile I have tears streaming down my face and think it’s may be the funniest set I’ve ever seen in my life.  Why isn’t everyone dying?!