The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

Desert life can't be that hard if you can just dig anywhere and pull up weird seed pods full of clean water whenever you get thirsty.

Not sure about this critique. Just because Nick Cage and his pig find truffles by digging doesn’t mean my backyard is a goldmine.

A lazy effort from Disney IMO. Looked cheap and the fight choreography plays out at a snail’s pace. The more we learn about Boba Fett, the less cool he becomes. 

It does look a bit more rushed than the Mandolorian. The time for Boba’s mystery was over a long time ago. No one cares 30 years later. I think this will be pretty decent and I do like how he isn’t the super-fighter and how his experiences have left him battered. He obviously needs to reinvent himself and adapt to the tactics of others. (Someone comes at you with a shield, you flame /rope their feet to crate an opening.)

8 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Ok, so I stayed up for Ep 2 and I gotta say, that was pretty cool. They are setting the stage for what is to come but the storytelling is so good that the slow pace doesn't feel the same as some of the filler episodes from Mando.

I'm really diggin' the vibe.

yeah this was a pretty damn good episode 

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

yeah this was a pretty damn good episode 

I liked how

Spoiler

The fleshed out the Tusken Raiders a a society and also incorporated what appeared to be parts of Morrison's Moari culture in the dance around the fire at the end.

Plus

Spoiler

Live action Pykes and Black Krrsantan

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Incredible set up for a showdown between the mayor and Boba backed up by his Tusken brothers in arms.

The way he earned his place in in tribe was so fucking cool. 

The mayor isn't who the showdown would be with.  The mayor is just blowing in the breeze knowing that the twins are there and waiting to see which side wins.  

And who do you have to get permission from anyway?

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

The way he earned his place in in tribe was so fucking cool. 

Filoni and Favreau have done a fantastic job with Mandalorian and Boba Fett in fleshing out planets and various races/species/etc. and making them really interesting.

And because Lucas had to make Tatooine out to be some Big Deal in the special editions, Filoni (and later Favreau) ran with it and fleshed out the planet, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought the evil Wookiee was really inspired, it’s kinda disappointing in a way to find out he’s a comic book character. Still really cool though.

RR and Filoni don’t seem to really have much to do with this. Written and directed by Favreau. Producer/EP can mean anything.

8D8 is my new favorite character now that I know he’s voiced by Matt Berry. And Jennifer Beals has held up very well.

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

This recently got added to amazon prime. Check it out

Holy shit you're right, it's actually there.

I've only seen the shitty low-quality YouTube versions.

edit: It was never high-quality/1080p/4K material or anything, because it was never meant to be, but the first time I saw it was a shitty YouTube version.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Loved the 2nd episode much more than the first. Boba wiping out the whole gang at Tosche Station was badass. I also appreciate them adding more depth to the Tusken Raiders. Have they already set this as a limited series? It seems like if it was only a 7 episode limited series, they should focus more on crime lord Boba as opposed to his time with the Tuskens but then again this episode seemed to cover a lot of ground in 48 minutes. I thought it was at least an hour long by the time it ended but I was surprised how short the runtime was considering how much occurred.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Loved the 2nd episode much more than the first. Boba wiping out the whole gang at Tosche Station was badass. I also appreciate them adding more depth to the Tusken Raiders. Have they already set this as a limited series? It seems like if it was only a 7 episode limited series, they should focus more on crime lord Boba as opposed to his time with the Tuskens but then again this episode seemed to cover a lot of ground in 48 minutes. I thought it was at least an hour long by the time it ended but I was surprised how short the runtime was considering how much occurred.

I could see them finishing up his flashbacks next episode and then the crime boss story taking off

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

I could see them finishing up his flashbacks next episode and then the crime boss story taking off

They still have the face off between boba and bib fortuna that we saw in the trailer - I'd bet we see that next week. They've been pretty consistent with not including anything from the back half of the season in promo material

Agreed on the comments about the fleshing out of the Tusken raiders.  I'm pretty far behind on the "Clone Wars" animated series, but it seems Filoni definitely enjoys adding depth to lots of characters and civilizations I would have previously (only having watched the movies) considered cast offs.  

Enjoying the series more than I thought I would. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

They still have the face off between boba and bib fortuna that we saw in the trailer - I'd bet we see that next week. They've been pretty consistent with not including anything from the back half of the season in promo material

I'm not sure that we'll see any more than we already saw. It wasn't much of a "face off." He walked into Jabba's palace and blasted him.

9 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Agreed on the comments about the fleshing out of the Tusken raiders.  I'm pretty far behind on the "Clone Wars" animated series, but it seems Filoni definitely enjoys adding depth to lots of characters and civilizations I would have previously (only having watched the movies) considered cast offs.  

That's definitely what Filoni does. 

Filoni/Faverau also understand how to make great Star Wars stories without just copying what Lucas did. (*cough* J.J. Abrams *cough*).

They pull inspiration from the same places Lucas did... Westerns, Samuri movies, WWII movies, etc., and tell great stories within that framework. I love using the Tuscans as proxies for Native American/Maori culture. Very cool.

Also - holy shit "The Twins" were great... as was the merc Wookie. Looking forward to more of that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That’s certainly true about Filoni, but he didn’t write or direct either of the first two Boba Fett episodes. He’s not currently credited as writer/director on any of the others either (which of course could change). This is pretty much the Favreau show.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s certainly true about Filoni, but he didn’t write or direct either of the first two Boba Fett episodes. He’s not currently credited as writer/director on any of the others either (which of course could change). This is pretty much the Favreau show.

I'll quickly confess to not knowing how much an executive producer does or doesn't do.  But I would guess he has some influence.  And since they worked so closely together on the Mandalorian, maybe they talk a bit?  I dunno.  Anyway, seemed like his style from what little I have picked up on. Favreau obvs knows what he's doing, which is great.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

58 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

For sure. But I think you can really “feel” the stuff that Filoni writes. Rebels/Clone Wars/Mandalorian were great. Bad Batch was watchable. I have high hopes for Ahsoka.

Gotcha.  Thanks for that.  The only reason I haven't burned through all of the animated ones is I wait for my son to be able to watch a few episodes with me at a time.  Its good stuff, and even only 4 seasons into Clone Wars it feels like it has enhanced my enjoyment of the live action series. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Gotcha.  Thanks for that.  The only reason I haven't burned through all of the animated ones is I wait for my son to be able to watch a few episodes with me at a time.  Its good stuff, and even only 4 seasons into Clone Wars it feels like it has enhanced my enjoyment of the live action series. 

The Clone Wars series does A LOT of heavy lifting and cleanup for the prequels. The first few seasons are a bit of a mess, but the last four episodes of Clone Wars is legit some of the best Star Wars content out there - and there's excellent stories and storylines throughout

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

The Clone Wars series does A LOT of heavy lifting and cleanup for the prequels. The first few seasons are a bit of a mess, but the last four episodes of Clone Wars is legit some of the best Star Wars content out there - and there's excellent stories and storylines throughout

Agreed, last 4 episodes are amazing and a must watch prior to the Ahsoka series. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yup. It actually redeems the Anakin character quite well.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

There's more great references built into this week's episode, I didn't realize how direct the quote of Lawrence of Arabia was

And the shot of the stick carving spot was taken directly rom original Ralph McQuarrie concept art

04sh7e1eiy981.jpg?width=827&auto=webp&s=fa8831a740142ec4981dc8410fd96d6ffbfb357a

First thing I noticed when I saw it last night. The only thing missing was Boba shadow dancing just like Lawerence. Very cool!

On 1/5/2022 at 11:36 AM, Js1 said:

I liked how

Hide contents

The fleshed out the Tusken Raiders a a society and also incorporated what appeared to be parts of Morrison's Moari culture in the dance around the fire at the end.

Plus

Hide contents

Live action Pykes and Black Krrsantan

THANK YOU! I knew I'd seen that guy before! 

Pro tip: If you haven't read the Darth Vader comic series, you're missing out.

Spoiler

Wonder if we're gonna see Dr. Aphra...