The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

55 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Just watched.

Fucking A.

Burning questions/thoughts:

• We gonna get to see Luke and Grogu again? Seems like Grogu is a given, Luke maybe? Other OT characters? Maybe Leia or Han? Young Ben Solo? I think we are supposed to be like 5-8 years after ROTJ at this point? So he may just be a baby or a toddler, I don’t recall the exact timing.
  • Certainly seems like they are setting up Mando season 3 to be a full on Mandalorian lore season. Moar Bo Kotan and hopefully Sabine Wren?
  • The modified N1 is fucking badass. I wonder if his “little friend” will end up sitting in the droid hatch that’s now another crew compartment?
  • Seems like the end game of this series is war with Pykes then we’re done with Boba?

Spoiler

Maybe more likely to see Cal Kestis than Luke or Ben? I mean, there was an onscreen BD unit! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm glad they decided to drop episode 1 of season 3 of the Mandalorian this early. Though now we have a long wait until the next episode at the end of this year. 

Filoni is such massive prequel nerd. 

Tbh, all of the lore they're building on top of is Filoni's OC, including the new version of Thrawn. He's the guy with Lucas' blessing to carry the torch and I couldn't be more excited about it because he's a bigger goddamn nerd than anyone else on the planet. It is allsome

• Hook 'Em 1

200.gif

Mando on the outs with the Covert, needing to “cleanse himself” in the mines below Mandalore, struggling to prove he can wield the Darksaber… the crux of Mando S3?

Was it just me or did “ring world” remind anyone else of Halo?

The modded N1, the Jawas “finding” parts, Beggar’s Canyon, all of it greatness. 

Full chub. That was awesome.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Certainly seems like they are setting up Mando season 3 to be a full on Mandalorian lore season. Moar Bo Kotan and hopefully Sabine Wren?

56 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm glad they decided to drop episode 1 of season 3 of the Mandalorian this early. Though now we have a long wait until the next episode at the end of this year. 

Filoni is such massive prequel nerd. 

36 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Tbh, all of the lore they're building on top of is Filoni's OC, including the new version of Thrawn. He's the guy with Lucas' blessing to carry the torch and I couldn't be more excited about it because he's a bigger goddamn nerd than anyone else on the planet. It is allsome

33 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Mando on the outs with the Covert, needing to “cleanse himself” in the mines below Mandalore, struggling to prove he can wield the Darksaber… the crux of Mando S3?

There's just no way that Mando season 3 isn't going to be full-on Mandalorian Game of Thrones.

Reminding us of who Bo Katan was/is, and the whole family/claim to the throne/Dark Sabre mythos, showing us what happened to Mandalore, kicking him out of the Covert etc.

And Mando deciding to do Boba a favor for free......Boba and Fennec are coming into Mando season 3.  

quantum leap body GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's just no way that Mando season 3 isn't going to be full-on Mandalorian Game of Thrones.

Reminding us of who Bo Katan was/is, and the whole family/claim to the throne/Dark Sabre mythos, showing us what happened to Mandalore, kicking him out of the Covert etc.

And Mando deciding to do Boba a favor for free......Boba and Fennec are coming into Mando season 3.  

quantum leap body GIF

Don't forget the other guy who's ancestors forged the dark saber. 

I'm picturing Favreau and Filoni approaching Bryce Dallas Howard and saying "hey, we want you to direct an episode, and it's going to be the return of Mando, and he's going to fight and kick ass and get a new fighter and join Boba and Fennec"

and her response is "FUCK YEAH!"

jessica-chastain-drink.gif

Spoiler

Yes, that's Jessica Chastain

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm picturing Favreau and Filoni approaching Bryce Dallas Howard and saying "hey, we want you to direct an episode, and it's going to be the return of Mando, and he's going to fight and kick ass and get a new fighter and join Boba and Fennec"

Reveal hidden contents

Was not a fan of BDH.  Starting with Spider Man 3 and especially after her role in Jurassic World.  Very annoying, not attractive enough.  Then I saw her Black Mirror ep and changed my opinion. /csb

On 1/23/2022 at 9:37 AM, Neonmoon said:

I like the show, but yeah, the lead actor has the charisma of a paper towel. 

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Pedro Pascal is just light years ahead of everyone else on the screen talent wise, and it shows even through a helmet.

This. This. This. 
Even with helmet on, Pedro could act circles around Boba 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Was kinda wondering how he got around places after the Razor Crest bit the dust. Now we know he flew coach.

Something so funny about seeing New Republic commercial airlines and a TSA droid. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Something so funny about seeing New Republic commercial airlines and a TSA droid. 

That TSA droid was originally created to be the tour guide for Star Tours at Disneyland like 30 years ago too lol. Really fun wink at the fandom that's world building instead of immersion breaking

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hide contents

I'm still not 100% convinced that Jessica Chastain isn't also Ron Howard's daughter. Ron can't even tell them apart. 

I think we'll all remember that the Boba Fett show got really good when they said f' it and turned it into The Mandalorian season 2.5. How many more episodes, Do they have time for him to go drop off his gift to Grogu and then get back and have the showdown?

1 minute ago, Viper said:

How many more episodes, Do they have time for him to go drop off his gift to Grogu and then get back and have the showdown?

Only 2 episodes left to complete the actual second and third act of the Book of Boba Fett story, and this side caper with Mando exercising parental visitation rights. They wasted too much screen time on Tusken culture and mechotech punk teens. 

The reuniting with Grogu and by consequence seeing Luke really needs it's own episode to fully explore and deal with the weight of it. I could see it working out where it's all done off screen and we stay with Boba and then it's shown on camera in Mando S3.

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

They wasted too much screen time on Tusken culture and mechotech punk teens. 

I also don’t understand how a crime boss who isn’t respected can maintain loyalty/control without doling out consequences. 

“Hey let’s take a fan favorite ruthless bounty hunter character, but also make him a pussy”

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

The reuniting with Grogu and by consequence seeing Luke really needs it's own episode to fully explore and deal with the weight of it. I could see it working out where it's all done off screen and we stay with Boba and then it's shown on camera in Mando S3.

I think the most likely thing is that we see the “aftermath” (whatever it is) of Mando going to see Grogu in the next episode, but then we see everything that actually happened (and possibly/likely more Luke) in Mando season 3.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 1

Watched it last night and was so happy.

I appreciated the “I’m Gonna Git You Sucka” throwback in there,

Too many details to list, but it seems Mando has fewer options for bringing in cold, and no options for bringing in warm. And no space ship toilet.

Having rebuilt engines in a dew muscle cars, there was a little feeling of nostalgia for seeing them build the hotrod and then fire it up. Though one time spent hours trying to track down why the fucker wouldn’t start only to find a sensor wasn’t snapped in completing the connection.

Loved also how brutal he was to his bounty instead of acting like Boba.

10 hours ago, Captainant said:

This. Filoni just "gets it." If LucasFilm had any sense, they'd make he and Favs the creative directors/presidents of content or whatever the way Marvel Studios runs through Feige. Run every SW property for the next 20 years through their oversight.

10 hours ago, Viper said:

The "ring world" reminded me of Ringworld. 

Yeah, a huge swing and a miss on my part there; I'll own it.

Another subtle touch: one of the breakdown vids I watched mentioned that Mando gifting Grogu the Beskar version of Mithril will allow him to survive Kylo's purge of Luke's Jedi Academy. 

Spoiler

Edited by Dutch

4 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Was not a fan of BDH.  Starting with Spider Man 3 and especially after her role in Jurassic World.  Very annoying, not attractive enough.  Then I saw her Black Mirror ep and changed my opinion. /csb

I don't know how to explain BDH except that she's the hottest not hot woman in Hollywood. I don't know how someone can run the gamut of the hotness scale in a single photo but she definitely does.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

When/how did the dark saber become difficult to wield? Mando didn’t seem to have trouble carving up the people at the beginning of the episode, and Sabine and Moff Gideon never seemed to have trouble with it. 

He burned himself with it, so yes, he had trouble wielding it the longer he used it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

When/how did the dark saber become difficult to wield? Mando didn’t seem to have trouble carving up the people at the beginning of the episode, and Sabine and Moff Gideon never seemed to have trouble with it. 

Sabine definitely had trouble wielding it similar to Mando - she got training from multiple Jedi in order to wield it effectively

As for Gideon, I'm assuming he had years and years to practice and build his skill with it

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

It's a thing.

Sabine absolutely had trouble with it before getting training from Kanan.

I'd say Mando did have some problems with it at the beginning. As he said during their training session, it got "heavier" and more difficult to wield the longer you use it. It's probably why he slashed his own leg at the end of the fight. We only saw Moff Gideon wield it for a few minutes before Mando bested him.

• Hook 'Em 1

E5 was so out of place it makes me wonder if it was planned or someone realized in the middle of production this wasn't working and looked at how to fix it on the cheap.  The result was just to say fuck it let's just run The Mandalorian S3E1 episode that's already in the can and tack on a new 15 second scene at the end to tie it to this steaming pile of shit.  I guess we'll know if the new Mando season is 7 episodes instead of 8.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

E5 was so out of place it makes me wonder if it was planned or someone realized in the middle of production this wasn't working and looked at how to fix it on the cheap.  The result was just to say fuck it let's just run The Mandalorian S3E1 episode that's already in the can and tack on a new 15 second scene at the end to tie it to this steaming pile of shit.  I guess we'll know if the new Mando season is 7 episodes instead of 8.

IMO, I think Boba is going to be part of the return/recapture of Mandalore. The armorer said in her prophecy that the new age of Mandalore would be "heralded by a mythosaur"

Boba's signet is the mythosaur...

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

27 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IMO, I think Boba is going to be part of the return/recapture of Mandalore. The armorer said in her prophecy that the new age of Mandalore would be "heralded by a mythosaur"

Boba's signet is the mythosaur...

And it feels like it won't just be Boba, Fennec, Mando, and Boba's little menagerie that he's gathered, facing off against the Syndicate.  I feel like we have a few more players coming in for the next episode.  The Syndicate was pretty fucking big.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

I kind of doubt it.

These productions, especially in the Covid era, are meticulously planned out. The principle photography is all done at once well in advance and then everything is put together in post.

Given that there was no proper Mandalorian season this year, it makes sense that they would put this in with 2 episodes left to lay the groundwork and provide an essentially an extended promo for Mando Season 3. 

Also, not everyone, especially people at Lucasfilm, have such a binary assessment of Star Wars stuff. It seems that the Fanboy reaction to everything now is either "It's amazing!" or "It's shit!."  The Book of Boba Fett isn't anywhere near as good as Mando, but it's hardly "shit."  

• Hook 'Em 4