The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

BUT IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS MANDOOOOOOOO AND I WANT MORE MANDOOOOOOO! 

It was mentioned when the original idea of the Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka shows were announced that they, Boba, and Mando 3 would all lead to an Avengers type event series. So yeah, it's all going somewhere. 

The X-Wing cop being on the show again makes me wish the Rangers show wasn't cancelled. Though it's rumored a Bo Katan show will take its place and Starbuck is a much more compelling actress than Stiff Running MMA lady. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And it feels like it won't just be Boba, Fennec, Mando, and Boba's little menagerie that he's gathered, facing off against the Syndicate.  I feel like we have a few more players coming in for the next episode.  The Syndicate was pretty fucking big.

There’s a rag tag group of warriors out there made up of Boba’s brothers and sister known as the Bad Batch. 

And it just so happens that Fennec knows all about them.

I liked that we finally saw a womp rat in Beggar's Canyon.

About the only thing I didn't like was the fighter star ship.  They established him living in his ship over the first two seasons...showed a bunk and a shitter.  He had to have room for his gun cabinet and for all the carbonite prisoners so he could deliver them.  Now he's gonna live in a one seater fighter?  Is he gonna pitch a tent and shit in the woods where ever he land each night?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

There’s a rag tag group of warriors out there made up of Boba’s brothers and sister known as the Bad Batch. 

And it just so happens that Fennec knows all about them.

Filoni, you beautiful bastard!

Although judging by how old Rex was in Rebels, I'm not really hoping for much from the Bad Batch. This timeline is nearly a decade after Rebels, I think

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Filoni, you beautiful bastard!

Although judging by how old Rex was in Rebels, I'm not really hoping for much from the Bad Batch. This timeline is nearly a decade after Rebels, I think

The kid clone would be correct age.  And they used Rex at about equivalent age as the older ones in Rebels. Actually, wasn’t it confirmed that one of them was retconned in to the assault group on Endor? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

The kid clone would be correct age.  And they used Rex at about equivalent age as the older ones in Rebels. Actually, wasn’t it confirmed that one of them was retconned in to the assault group on Endor? 

Aw shit Omega is the same age as Boba lol. WELP. Guess we'll have to wait for Bad Batch S2 lol

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Its amazing to me people don’t get that this whole thing is an interlude to the main story.

Of course it is.

All of these new shows are here to serve the "Filoni-verse" that was created with Clone Wars/Rebels.  They may all have different names but essentially they are all the same big show.

Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Ashoka, Obi-Wan... they are all going to dig in deep on the Filoni stuff.. Mandalore, crime syndicates, Clones, Jedi/Sith lore, Thrawn, and of course the work of spackling together narrative holes left by the movies, lol. 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

I liked that we finally saw a womp rat in Beggar's Canyon.

About the only thing I didn't like was the fighter star ship.  They established him living in his ship over the first two seasons...showed a bunk and a shitter.  He had to have room for his gun cabinet and for all the carbonite prisoners so he could deliver them.  Now he's gonna live in a one seater fighter?  Is he gonna pitch a tent and shit in the woods where ever he land each night?

It seems like maybe he's done bounty hunting?

I got the impression he was still doing jobs so that he could buy a new ship. So I don't know that he needs the "space" any more... just something to get him from point A to point B as quickly and discretely as possible.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Aw shit Omega is the same age as Boba lol. WELP. Guess we'll have to wait for Bad Batch S2 lol

Yeah, I couldn't remember the timeline between the end of Rebels and RTJ. This show is supposedly 5 years after RTJ.

As for Omega, the more I think about it, even tho she is the same age as Boba, we haven't yet seen her story arc so seeing her now would be somewhat spoilery and they probably don't want to do that.

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He can live on tatooine and take the ship on jobs, with the droid hatch retrofitted to hold a bounty.  

also you don’t need much space when you can collect for delivering a head in a bag. 

That tiny star fighter could easily fit in the hold of another ship as well.

12 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

That tiny star fighter could easily fit in the hold of another ship as well.

Plus his weapons cache got destroyed with the Razor Crest.  

This serves his purpose until he finds a new Razor Crest. 

Great episode. The Mandolorian cult-like stuff is kind of annoying to me personally, but not by much. Only question is, how do they clean their face? Must be funky as hell in that helmet. Made it sound like they couldn't take it off for any reason whatsoever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If they brought Omega to this period (~10 ABY), she is one more person (along with Ahsoka) that they’ll have to explain where the hell she was during the OT.

Galaxy is a big place. They don’t all have to be making trench runs on the Death Star. And really the only people that were going to be difficult were the Jedi that were supposed to have been all wiped out. But that was from Obi Wans point of view, and Filoni has already done a good job blending/weaving Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra in to the post prequel/preOT timeline. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He can live on tatooine and take the ship on jobs, with the droid hatch retrofitted to hold a bounty.  

also you don’t need much space when you can collect for delivering a head in a bag. 

True but what is he going to say?  I can bring your head in detached, or I can bring your head in detached?

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Great episode. The Mandolorian cult-like stuff is kind of annoying to me personally, but not by much. Only question is, how do they clean their face? Must be funky as hell in that helmet. Made it sound like they couldn't take it off for any reason whatsoever.

No they can take it off to eat and sleep and what not, as long as they are alone. Mando talked about it at some point in season 1 or 2, IIRC.

I think when The Armorer asks the question, "Have you ever removed your helmet?", it is implied to mean "Have you ever removed your helmet in front of another person/being/whatever."

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If they brought Omega to this period (~10 ABY), she is one more person (along with Ahsoka) that they’ll have to explain where the hell she was during the OT.

As we've discussed, this is something Filoni excels at. He'll come up with something that makes sense, other than the obvious of it's a big-ass galaxy and not every person in it decided they wanted to get involved in the Galactic Civil War.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

36 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

As we've discussed, this is something Filoni excels at. He'll come up with something that makes sense, other than the obvious of it's a big-ass galaxy and not every person in it decided they wanted to get involved in the Galactic Civil War.

Captain Marvel says "Hi!"

• Haha 2