Texas opens as a 3 point underdog v Oklahoma

TexasMan

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Still, I don't see how A&M scores points in that game

The only way is if Bama is up 45-17 or something and mails in the fourth quarter, and aggy covers at 45-31 after garbage points. 

Now that I type that, they're not scoring 31 against Bama even if Bama plays backups the entire game.

Just now, Red Five said:

The only way is if Bama is up 45-17 or something and mails in the fourth quarter, and aggy covers at 45-31 after garbage points. 

Now that I type that, they're not scoring 31 against Bama even if Bama plays backups the entire game.

Yeah pretty sure Bama's backups are better than Colorado, MSU, and maybe Ark's starters. Aggy scored 10, 22, 10 in those games. I guess Bama would probably go into a prevent D though

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

That Bama likes to come out, get up 21-0 by the end of the 1Q so they can dick around the rest of the game.

Yup, Nick likes to keep shitty coaches around in the SEC apparently. Keeping things close on the scoreboard with coaches like Jimblow, makes good business sense for bama long-term, unless he just wants to disembowel them at Pyle, so that aggy  will STFU for a day or 2.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, El Squared said:

Yup, Nick likes to keep shitty coaches around in the SEC apparently. Keeping things close on the scoreboard with coaches like Jimblow, makes good business sense for bama long-term, unless he just wants to disembowel them at Pyle, so that aggy  will STFU for a day or 2.

I don't think Saban has short-term or long-term fears about aggy at all, even with someone like Meyer or Dabo coaching. But let's be real--a high caliber coach is not going to take the aggy job.

6 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I'll take it. This has to be the closest this line has been in literally decade. Or longer. When was the last time we were even favored? Colt's senior year?

heres the lines since 00. Looks like  09 and 05 were the last times we were favored. thats pathetic. 

image.png.8f656411bbbc9746f53622a93ac1dd89.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

First of all, you don’t bet on the Texas OU game. It’s the dumbest bet in all of college football because literally nobody knows what is going to happen, not even Vegas. And the lines over the years have completely borne that out. Think Mack’s funeral game in 2013 where the fighting case McCoy’s blew the Sooners out easily despite being heavy underdogs.

Second of all, I’m not gonna jink it by saying online on a stupid post what it is but there’s an X factor going on here that let’s just say gives the good guys an advantage.

Third of all, OU sucks. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

First of all, you don’t bet on the Texas OU game. It’s the dumbest bet in all of college football because literally nobody knows what is going to happen, not even Vegas. And the lines over the years have completely borne that out. Think Mack’s funeral game in 2013 where the fighting case McCoy’s blew the Sooners out easily despite being heavy underdogs.

Second of all, I’m not gonna jink it by saying online on a stupid post what it is but there’s an X factor going on here that let’s just say gives the good guys an advantage.

Third of all, OU sucks. 

Stop capitalizing ou. Stop it. 

36 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Third of all, OU sucks. 

Yep. You're better off playing roulette. 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

heres the lines since 00. Looks like  09 and 05 were the last times we were favored. thats pathetic. 

image.png.8f656411bbbc9746f53622a93ac1dd89.png

LOL, Strong covered the spread every year.

Also, I'm seeing the forecast is for high of 93 on Saturday. Fuck that shit.

14 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

That Bama likes to come out, get up 21-0 by the end of the 1Q so they can dick around the rest of the game.

Well, Jimbo did mouth off earlier this year that would beat Bama’s ass. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saban let the team run it up a bit just to keep Jimbo in check.