Texas BBQ

Washpark

1 minute ago, Jerry Callo said:

Stopped at The Switch between Oak Hill and Dripping Springs. Seated ordering as opposed to ordering at the counter. Same or similar menu to Stiles Switch.

Got a half pound of moist brisket and jalapeño/green apple slaw. Both were good. Brisket seasoned well, but the the point side was slightly over cooked. Seemed like they removed too much of the fat cap before smoking. All in all it was a good meal.

95880ce0406bdb57c0770022d37b82cc.jpg

Yep, I like that place.  No lines, the hours work for lunch and dinner, good to great Q, and the brunch is good.  

19 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Looking forward to hearing! Planning on both Zavala’s and Hurtado this weekend.

Anyone who knows: If we get to Hurtado at 1030, when should we expect food?

Got there at 11 last saturday. Had food about 1150. Plenty of everything on a perfect weather day. 

• Like 1

abc0d0a58ffd8f713ff214ac2571d43d.jpg

First time experience at Zavala’s. They were super nice and friendly. Food was very good. Brisket texture was great, seemed slightly under seasoned. Got the Pizza Pepper and Brisket Sausage, both good but not unmissable. Brisket poppers were greaaaat. Sloppy Juan taco was super tasty and great value. Nanner puddin also on point.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Brandon Walker is about the most clueless motherfucker I’ve ever heard. Not just about bbq but everything. Idiot

I don’t have enough interest to read the replies but I’m sure it’s a sad litany of angry stupid texans (like you, texzilla) tearfully defending the sanctity of texas bbq. he succeeded with his goal. tip of the cap to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don’t have enough interest to read the replies but I’m sure it’s a sad litany of angry stupid texans (like you, texzilla) tearfully defending the sanctity of texas bbq. he succeeded with his goal. tip of the cap to him. 

Actually dipshit I prefer Memphis bbq. Go polish BW’s knob dipshit.

The older boy (16) has an interview tomorrow to work for Stanley's in Tyler.  Wish him luck.

I'm struck by the fact that it's the perfect job for a kid his age in this town as well as for a dude my age when I retire in about 8 years (probably longer).

Update.  He got the job.  He said he'd put in a good word for me.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

We hit up Panther City in FW on Wednesday.  I’ll preface this by saying I was already under the weather some and wasn’t really feeling it but our last chance at some Q before leaving Thursday.  The four of us got 2 meat plates with something different other than brisket to try and the brisket was really good, smoked bologna wasn’t anything to write home about, rib was good but the sausages didn’t do it for me. The only sides I liked were the collard greens, slaw and corn, both potato salads sucked imo and Mac n cheese was pretty good, banana pudding was outstanding, disappointed they don’t sell the smoked pecan bread pudding on Wednesday’s.  I wanted to try that.  Mr. TM Daniel Vaughn happened to be there as well.  I’d like to try it again under better circumstances and I recommend it for those who haven’t been. 

8CE0D215-132C-4BF2-AC84-BC71728F4D9D.thumb.jpeg.c92c339581ab8e5747e88939dbec2df4.jpeg8FAFE8F1-2F5A-46A8-8549-7289C780DF37.thumb.jpeg.5b92fc20fd1dba9b843e475dcfe8aabd.jpeg

1D434A37-C0E2-4224-B80C-7A6014E1990F.thumb.jpeg.cc83c57935b165ef4becf7959b68354d.jpeg

forgot about the sandwich which I thought would be chopped bbq but it was good also. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1