Texas BBQ

Washpark

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Because it is the stupidest fucking communist idea ever.  Nobody does that shit and anybody who does should be summarily and ruthlessly shamed.  

the cutters at rudy’s routinely cut off and trash plenty of delicious looking bark. 

the cutters at rudy’s routinely cut off and trash plenty of delicious looking bark. 
Yep, when I go there I have to tell the cashier I want plenty of bark on my slices so they may need to pull a new one out.
First time I ever saw a cutter remove the bark was at Salt Lick. We were waiting on a table and I was hanging out by the cutter. When he took his knife and scraped the whole side of bark off, I told him he should be shot. He just looked at me with a puzzled look on his face.

17 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Let’s stop talking about the evil and idiotic act of cutting bark off bbq and get back to the good things in life. I made a visit to Leroy and Lewis and am goddamn glad I did. Wow, y’all weren’t bullshitten about the beef cheeks. So tender and flavorful. I overate because it was so fucking good. Had half a lbs of cheeks, sausage and a couple of barbacoa tacos. Amazingly delicious bbq lunch.

kjUlxGR6_o.jpeg

RSjHqBVA_o.jpeg

Then I went to campus and saw some delicious cheeks there. Check the hot or not thread. Theme of the day!

that beats the hell out of anything in beaumont 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:00 PM, futureman said:

I hooked up with a cutter one night in college.  Didn’t know she was one until I got her back to my place and took her shirt off.  Long sleeve shirt covered all the scars through the night at the bar.  Holy shit there’s not much that can deflate a boner quicker.  Couldn’t get her crazy ass out of there fast enough.  Even 21 year old me couldn’t fuck my way through a shit show like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I hooked up with a cutter one night in college.  Didn’t know she was one until I got her back to my place and took her shirt off.  Long sleeve shirt covered all the scars through the night at the bar.  Holy shit there’s not much that can deflate a boner quicker.  Couldn’t get her crazy ass out of there fast enough.  Even 21 year old me couldn’t fuck my way through a shit show like that.

should’ve powered through.  bet she was a freak

• Like 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

should’ve powered through.  bet she was a freak

Yeah I’m sure that’s just another of my many “if I’d only known then what I know now” regrettable moments from that time in my life.  I mean, I clearly chose poorly because now I’m just posting about “what could have been” with strangers on the internet

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, Landomatic said:

Yeah I’m sure that’s just another of my many “if I’d only known then what I know now” regrettable moments from that time in my life.  I mean, I clearly chose poorly because now I’m just posting about “what could have been” with strangers on the internet

Strangers, or brothers in shame?🤠

Putska's Familiy Barbecue - Hutto

I knew they were out there, but after listening to a recent episode of Tails from the Pits I decided to give it a try.  Food trailer parked at a convenience store on FM 1660 south.  Picked up moist brisket, 1/2 chicken, sausage link, and jalapeno/green apple slaw for dinner tonight.  Had to give it a sample and the meats are legit.  Brisket was perfectly cooked and seasoned, good flavor for the chicken and the skin is tight and crispy, and the basic Polish sausage was spot on.  Nice to know there is another barbecue joint worth the stop north of Austin.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, formermav43 said:

I grew up in East Texas. The first I ever heard of cutting the bark off was this thread. Never experienced that anywhere or had anyone mention it.

I would absolutely cut a mofo for cutting the bark off, that's pure blasphemy.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:56 PM, Landomatic said:

Wimp...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paco said:

I'm working in Maine for the summer and we're having a catered bbq lunch tomorrow. Great.

The Maine part is awesome, I spent a summer there several years back and it was great  Highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s.

The BBQ part, on the other hand...  I suggest you BYO lobster roll.

Edited by utee94

Putska's Familiy Barbecue - Hutto
I knew they were out there, but after listening to a recent episode of Tails from the Pits I decided to give it a try.  Food trailer parked at a convenience store on FM 1660 south.  Picked up moist brisket, 1/2 chicken, sausage link, and jalapeno/green apple slaw for dinner tonight.  Had to give it a sample and the meats are legit.  Brisket was perfectly cooked and seasoned, good flavor for the chicken and the skin is tight and crispy, and the basic Polish sausage was spot on.  Nice to know there is another barbecue joint worth the stop north of Austin.

Hmm, will have to give it a try, gracias

7 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Indeed! Barbeque is an incredibly easy way to make money. Find spot where people will love your que. Find physical location to house restaurant. Open doors. Ring the cash register....profit!

whammy!

8 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Indeed! Barbeque is an incredibly easy way to make money. Find spot where people will love your que. Find physical location to house restaurant. Open doors. Ring the cash register....profit!

No joke.  All you do is start a fire and throw the meat on the grill and just sit around while it cooks.  Any idiot off the street could do it.

12 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Yep. From Monday morning at 0400 to right now (1408) I am at 86 hours. With dinner till 2100 tonight, and still have what will probably be 20hrs tomorrow and another 13 on Sunday. 7 days a week and it never, ever slows down.

Forget the video, but the owner of Pecan Lodge was asked about the hours and his relationship to A.Franklin who he said he met @ Brisket camp in College Station - he joked that sometimes he'd be bored at 2 or 3am and call him.....knowing they are the only two sorry SOB's up at that time prepping or getting something ready.

Guys that can scale amazing BBQ are wizards.  Plain and simple.  I can "maybe" make a single really good (far from great) brisket with enough prep time.  The thought of making dozens week in and week out without a loss in quality.  Here's to you guys making it happen!  I will continue to patronize you all as best I can!