[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

Our defense sucks this year. They are not going to flip a switch and become good. We know our offense has the ability to score points quickly and our best players are offensive skill position guys. 

The goal should be to score 50 every week. Casey's numbers are good, but they are inflated by Sark's scheme and Xavier Worthy. Casey just does everything too slowly on the field. Give Card another shot next week, please. 

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

DsPsHQeUUAAYJB_.jpg.46b24d93b8f5bf08a571b9d47d58261b.jpg

"unkle-drayton's" Toilet Bowl will never be sold out again!

It will only ever be full..... of Shit!

Rapelor's gravy-train has now ended!  And no more can their coach negative-recruit and plan to save his job by only beating Texas each season!

Fuck you, baylor!

Enjoy The Purity of Oblivion!

It looks more like a bed pan.

53 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

Card is athletic enough to move in the pocket if need be. It’s generally accepted that he has more potential as a QB than Casey. The problem with Card is his lack of experience with live reps. I never agreed with Sark essentially putting him on clipboard duty for the rest of the season after one bad game when game experience is what he needs.  Short term it worked out for a while with Casey but teams have figured him out and know that all they have to do is key on Bijan and Casey can’t beat them. Card might not be the guy but we sure better be sure of that before he transfers out and we’re left with Casey and a true freshman QB. 

I apologize for bring up A&M again as a comparison, but...

Anybody who's watched Calzada's growth from the Colorado game (deer in the headlights with an anxiety disorder) to the Bama game (poised, accurate, effective) would have no trouble understanding why Card could look like an entirely different QB if he had a few games to get some valuable experience.

If I were a Texas fan, I'd be furious if we didn't immediately name Card the starter and use the rest of the season as on-the-job training for him.  Maalik Murphy doesn't look anywhere near ready to come into DKR and take over the offense.  The remaining games this season would priceless for Card.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

There is need for the irony and cathartic aspect for all of us. It's the right thing to do. Now go get your damn lawnmower gas can and throw some fucking gas on that thing. 

It’s been over an hour since I put that bitch on the fire and I’m just now getting back the sweet smell of piñon wood. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Deej said:

Herman had a QB who, despite his defencencies, had the will to win and push his teammates. Now we have some jagoff who cleaned out his locker, allegedly, when he wasn't named starter. 

Herman had a good QB at UH.

I did not just say that

7 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Anybody who's watched Calzada's growth from the Colorado game (deer in the headlights with an anxiety disorder) to the Bama game (poised, accurate, effective) would have no trouble understanding why Card could look like an entirely different QB if he had a few games to get some valuable experience.

If I were a Texas fan, I'd be furious if we didn't immediately name Card the starter and use the rest of the season as on-the-job training for him.  Maalik Murphy doesn't look anywhere near ready to come into DKR and take over the offense.  The remaining games this season would priceless for Card.

Please go away.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That dude is a race baiter though so it’s on brand

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Wtf? Race has nothing to do with the context.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you follow that dude he’s constantly doing that shit. But I do agree Davis and Foster need to go. Foster should have never been let back on the team after he quit mid game. 

BO&W is correct about Danny Davis,  AAS.    During a podcast after Herman was fired,  Davis stated one reason was because "he  had the audacity to support" the BLM protests by the players.   "Audacity" stated in a sarcastic tone.     Many coaches did the same.

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

No need. 

A30630D1-7617-4409-9C90-BE39EB3C5C4D.jpeg

Hopefully, that exorcised some of our demons. Reminds me of my dad back in the day burning his UT gear on the driveway after a loss to Arky. Holy crap I see a Longhorn in the flames…I can’t draw for shit but can you see it??

6003160D-85CA-466B-BE03-6B1AE364B6B9.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
Can you seeeeee it???

Just now, torre said:

BO&W is correct about Danny Davis,  AAS.    During a podcast after Herman was fired,  Davis stated one reason was because "he  had the audacity to support" the BLM protests by the players.   "Audacity" stated in a sarcastic tone.     Many coaches did the same.

That has nothing to do with the context of his tweet. Y’all are both doing ad hominem attacks for whatever fucking reason.

The context of his tweet was players walking off with out staying with the rest of the team which confirms this team isn’t together at all.

Thats it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Augustus said:

No apology needed.    Calzada has excellent coaches though difficult for us to admit.

• Hook 'Em 1

We don't even need the QB to be the clutch player like Street or VY.  We could have a Robert Horry.  Only scored 7 pts per game career, but only player not on 60s Celtics to have 7 or more NBA championship rings and he did it with Rockets, Lakers and Spurs.  And he made a bunch of clutch shots.

7 minutes ago, bullet said:

We don't even need the QB to be the clutch player like Street or VY.  We could have a Robert Horry.  Only scored 7 pts per game career, but only player not on 60s Celtics to have 7 or more NBA championship rings and he did it with Rockets, Lakers and Spurs.  And he made a bunch of clutch shots.

HorrySmithindex.jpg.5aa2aeb605820b728ebbea40a9f0617a.jpg

Robert Horry.... or Will Smith?  Lulz.

11 minutes ago, bullet said:

This doesn't make any sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

This doesn't make any sense.

Damn, Isn't it obvious?  We need a guy who can come onto the field and score 7 points a game.  Every game.  Hit a three every now and then, dependable at the free throw line.  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

If Aranda and Grimes were coaching here wed be 4-4 most likely. We need to get the soft and stupid washed out before anything else can improve

Shut the fuck up. We have the same record and don’t care starting freshman and sophomores. Hell we may even fucking win more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Shut the fuck up. We have the same record and don’t care starting freshman and sophomores. Hell we may even fucking win more. 

Settle your tits, hippie. It doesn't matter who coaches this team. It wasnt winning shit no matter who coaches. We have coaches that won titles

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Does no one look at how recruiting classes are ranked? Does no one look at the rankings. In the Big 12 it’s OU and Texas routinely for twenty years with at least a top ten or top twenty recruiting class. TCU is a far off third place. The rest of the big 12 isn’t even fucking close. It’s not all coaching of course but damn start benching some of these guys. 

If you actually are a female, as a gentleman I must say your knowledge of NCAA football is rather OMG MARRY ME!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Settle your tits, hippie. It doesn't matter who coaches this team. It wasnt winning shit no matter who coaches. We have coaches that won titles

Wtf is this?  I'm pretty sure Nick Saban could take the same talent we have and would not have lost the last 3 games.  Blowing 3 straight double digit second half leads is straight up coaching.  Turtle Tom wasn't even this bad.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I mean, when you play is, you really only have to worry about defending two players, one in the run game and one in the pass game. Aranda took Bijan out of the game, Worthy made some plays, and said if you can beat me with the rest of those bums, then more power to you. 

Dillon Doyle (Baylor linebacker) said exactly this in his postgame talk with press. Almost word for word. Said Sark throws a lot of twists in but the focus was Bijan and Worthy. Robinson had 43 yds on 17 carries. Worthy really only got loose once I think. 

• Like 1