Fat Gary? He gone.

Pancho

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The guy making over $6M/year never cared about money?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

Didn't say never, just not focus, making millions as HC is result of winning and being good at your job, not because money drives you ... turning down other higher paid opportunities because he liked what he had at TCU was a sign. He can take a $2M+ with a DC job with... I think he'll be able to still pay his bills.

He also saw the writing on the wall with conference realignment and NIL... he knows where TCU is going to be in next few years.

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Didn't say never, just not focus, making millions as HC is result of winning and being good at your job, not because money drives you ... turning down other higher paid opportunities because he liked what he had at TCU was a sign. He can take a $2M+ with a DC job with... I think he'll be able to still pay his bills.

He also saw the writing on the wall with conference realignment and NIL... he knows where TCU is going to be in next few years.

I don't know, man. When you're that fat and sweaty, you rack up one hell of an electric bill. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Didn't say never, just not focus, making millions as HC is result of winning and being good at your job, not because money drives you ... turning down other higher paid opportunities because he liked what he had at TCU was a sign.

He's the 10th highest paid coach in the NCAA.  Which of the other nine jobs did he turn down?

He's the 10th highest paid coach in the NCAA.  Which of the other nine jobs did he turn down?

Probably zero. I wonder if Texas made any inquiries before hiring Strong? We were completely zeroed in on Herman the last time, I doubt we talked to anybody else.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Regardless of what noted UTSA alumnus, Dennis Taylor has to say, this has Jeff "gold digging" Traylor written alllllll over it. 

Wrong. And wrong. Graduate of the flagship. Son about to have his second degree from the flagship. Just fed up with the flagship being such an embarrassment in the football department. But I do know Traylor a little bit and what kind of guy he is. If he says he's staying,  he's staying. I'm not saying until 2031 necessarily but he's building something and won't bail just yet. 

1 hour ago, Genco said:

Would you say that it's 100% guaranteed?

That's how you do it

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

I feel good that the poor girls who had to follow around that fat fat fuck with his sweat towel will finally get some relief.  What an awful job.

DBNd343UwAAXxJu.jpg:large

Here's a conundrum...would you take a sip off that bottle if she had wiped it with that towel?

• Haha 2

Lulz. Who is going to be drafted?  Maybe 1-2 underclassmen DBs and 1-2 underclassmen DTs. But they are ALL shit players now. 

I have no idea. Was simply asking the question. It’s generally about the measurables. I have no insight on how Thompson or Jamison would test. Foster is somewhat interesting. Overshown. There are several I could see having decent careers at the next level.

And before you shit all over yourself, I’d venture to say few to no one thought Adrian Phillips would be scoring NFL TDs in 2021.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

All true. I’d be surprised if any of Foster, Jamison, or Overshown get drafted. They are simply not good football players. Phillips improved tremendously his senior year but no I didn’t think he’d still be in the league. 

I could see Overshown and Jamison get drafted on potential, but I absolutely agree with you about Foster. 

I could see Overshown and Jamison get drafted on potential, but I absolutely agree with you about Foster. 

Foster. That pick versus Arkansas? Pretty, pretty nice. Member him crushing people as a frosh?

High school running back I believe. Some good bloodlines too.

Production versus measuresbles. Not saying he’s getting drafted. I would not be surprised if he tested better than what has shown on the field though.

I responded with a laugh cause you know how butt hurt Patterson always gets? He HATED Art Briles more than he hated any other coach. He was also physically scared of him. Nothing would make him crazier than being replaced by Briles. Briles would take the job, too. 
That 2013 game where Briles stared him down from across the sideline while the game winning field goal was being kicked (41-38) and then challenged him to a fistfight and in his press conference Patterson said "(Briles) knows where I live, you want some of this then come on over" was priceless.

Then 61-58 in Waco the following year.

Then the next trip to Waco, after Briles had been run out of town. . .Patterson unleashed a 62-22 ass whipping.

No love lost at all there.

117th meeting coming up this week, and I'm gonna really gonna miss seeing him waddling around on the sideline.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's a ridiculous scenario. Let's pull a 1993 Houston Oilers.
Bring in fat pat as DC and Art Briles as OC.
Then we can watch them fight on the sidelines like Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride and Sark can just stand around like Jack Pardee, fucking clueless not knowing what to do
I'm late to the party, and I'm not that familiar with your posts, but I love this idea.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

That 2013 game where Briles stared him down from across the sideline while the game winning field goal was being kicked (41-38) and then challenged him to a fistfight and in his press conference Patterson said "(Briles) knows where I live, you want some of this then come on over" was priceless.

Then 61-58 in Waco the following year.

Then the next trip to Waco, after Briles had been run out of town. . .Patterson unleashed a 62-22 ass whipping.

No love lost at all there.

117th meeting coming up this week, and I'm gonna really gonna miss seeing him waddling around on the sideline.

I forget the year, but it was at TCU when Ahmad Dixon laid out the TCU receiver and got ejected. After the game, I watched Patterson come running up to Briles. He stopped about five yards away, started shouting, then turned around and ran away shouting over his shoulder. Briles grinned and hollered, "Shake it off, coach."

Patterson was physically scared of Briles, and he should have been. Briles was a workout beast, even in his fifties, and had just enough crazy in him to throw down in the middle of a game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

I forget the year, but it was at TCU when Ahmad Dixon laid out the TCU receiver and got ejected. After the game, I watched Patterson come running up to Briles. He stopped about five yards away, started shouting, then turned around and ran away shouting over his shoulder. Briles grinned and hollered, "Shake it off, coach."

Patterson was physically scared of Briles, and he should have been. Briles was a workout beast, even in his fifties, and had just enough crazy in him to throw down in the middle of a game. 

And don't forget the steroids

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

He was probably afraid Art was going to try to rape him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I'd fire Sark in a heartbeat and replace him with Patterson if he's still available next year.  Gary has won conference championships and major bowl games - more success than Sark could ever dream of.

This is the right answer. A 2-time National COY, multiple major bowl BCS, NY6 victories, many conference champs, winning record v. UT, is superior in every way to Sark and 98% of other coaches out there. He’s not some mid-major dude who entertains fantasies of carrying anyone else’s water. 
No doubt he’s lost his mojo and a step. But y’all acting like he’s just a DC are living in 1995. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah when Sark started the "all gas no brakes" stuff we all laughed because Briles already did it.  Literally every play was the touchdown play.

TCU had some talent back then, it was surreal driving home from Waco hearing that Baylor and TCU had been left out of the first CFP.

I was wrong, it was 2011 when the staredown occurred. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

More Longhorns than agroids

Would be a good bar bet for drinks with aggy. No way they could wrap their simple minds around the fact that there are currently 33 Horns in the NFL vs 26 aggy, with close to 10 years in the sec under their belt.

But that would also require spending time around those fucking idiots, so scratch my initial comments. I'll buy my own damn drinks.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Grown men who are making $3MM + to rep their schools don’t fight each other. Saying Pat was “scared” of Briles or Briles was a workout beast is ridiculous. 

Get real.  Very well known that Briles lifted with the team.  That's like saying a guy making $3MM doesn't become an alcoholic, and as a sober alcoholic, I know plenty of powerful, rich professionals whose egos almost killed them.

Before hiring Charlie Strong, UT offered an interview to Briles for head football coach and he told them he would take the job, but was insulted by the the fact they wanted to interview him first because his results spoke for themselves. UT BOR was insulted at Briles ego and goes on to hire the guy with the right last name who they wanted to act like a CEO.  From Mack Brown to Art Briles was a bridge too far for UT.

If that hire happens, the LHN parent ESPN quashes the rape rumors and Briles wins a shitload of games at UT and sits at the right hand of DKR in Longhorn lore, because then he's YOUR egomaniac.

What UT expected to happen was that Smart and Strong (really guys??) were going to use their university's might to win games.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

I know several guys who played for both of them. They all liked their respective coaches and do to this day, but the stories they tell prove that they're both pieces of shit in their own right.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have no idea what you’re blathering about. I don’t doubt Briles was a “workout beast”. I don’t know, I don’t care, I’ll take your word for it. It was a comment in favor of Briles over GP, when my points were two fold: 1) there wasn’t gonna be a fight between two grown men responsible for the order of their football teams. That hasn’t happened since Woody Hayes in college and a weak Buddy Ryan right jab in the pros. So GP wasn’t “scared”. 2) why the fuck are we propping Briles up by celebrating his workout beast status?  Fuck that. 
The video clip of Herman bowing up to Gundy is yet another reason Herman is gone. Herman and Gundy never would’ve come to blows. If they did I would’ve rooted for the mullet in hindsight. 

1) you're probably right, but my 12 year old self sure would love to watch them swing at each other.

2) didn't mean it that way.

Probably would have ended up like this anyway

3b7671c7213643b9bc1b84ded35aba07.gif