Game Week: Kansas- a team we can beat?

Wulaw Horn

And to think I was pissed off by people bitching about a song, players drinking and getting into fights, coaches dealing with strippers and killer monkeys, and all the other shit that now seems minor.  I would be perfectly happy to see the rest of the season canceled, the entire staff fired, and I speak as a season ticket holder for over twenty years.  Never seen it worse than this shit show.

Edited by AnTiM
  • Haha 1

Just amazing.  All these 11am kickoffs.  All these second half meltdowns.  Kansas and UT playing like the two worst teams in the league.  But now, now is when ESPN opts to put us in prime time ?   6:35p-CST?   Prepare thy anus 

26 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We are going to win. Their only win is a 3 pt won over FCS South Dakota. KU has lost every game this season by an average of 3 tds. They almost got lucky against Ou. 

we win by 17

The problem is, Kansas can still run the ball. And Kansas actually still acts like they give a shit in the field. This is gonna be one of those shootouts we will have to miraculously win

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

And to think I was pissed off by people bitching about a song, players drinking and getting into fights, coaches dealing with strippers and killer monkeys, and all the other shit that now seems minor.  I would be perfectly happy to see the rest of the season canceled, the entire staff fired, and I speak as a season ticket holder for over twenty years.  Never seen it worse than this shit show.

It’s been worse. You’re being emotional. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Even if we win this one, we still have to win two of our last three to make a bowl game.

This is one of our last 3. Win and then split KState and WVU - neither of whom are very good - and we make a bowl. 6-6 seems likely at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

I earlier said I’d light myself on fire like those pictures of the monks and sit Indian style outside DKR if we play a 1 score game with Kansas. 
Gas is getting expensive. I’m not skinny. Anyone got $15 they can lend me to see the pyrotechnics?

What a depressing game tonight. 
the sun will come up tomorrow. 
If We can rally down the stretch and beat moonshine aggy, rock chalk and wheat aggy @closetojumpingcan do a fist pump somewhere down in Galveston as “7 Win Steve” will ride again. 
hey, a girl can hope, right? 

Also, sorry to quote the OP, but just to answer the mention to me, a few points:

-Unless the fucking stain and stench of Texas football drifts over into other parts of my personal life this week, I'll no longer be an owner in Galveston after Friday.

-Texas is 5-7 this season. I don't know who all hasn't been watching any other games, but Kansas State has been getting better as the season has gone on. WVU isn't, but they'll be up for the Texas game and Neal Brown is a better coach than September Wins Steve. 

Anyway, here's to a sweet, sweet win this weekend. Savor it, because ULM is 10 months away.

• Like 1

For all of you negative nancys on this thread, get drunk before you enter the stadium or get hammered to the point you don't know where you're at and you're UNWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS like I've done at tailgates in the past. That way you won't have to suffer as much through the game, you'll only suffer with a hangover the next day. 

22 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Even LHN on fuck it mode or we not getting 2 games this year? Maybe K state but usually it's been KU...

Yeah, that had to be an awkward conversation between del Conte and ESPN higher-ups.  

"So yeah, we'd like to have the game as early as possible so there's no crossover viewing the big Gonzaga hoops game on Saturday night."

ESPN, "Your own network has decided to pass on the game after all and just show images of Bevo grazing with a stat-cast chyron on the bottom.  We'll be putting on ESPNU, which even fewer people get than the LHN.  And at 6:30p to completely ensure that all viewers turn off your 4Q meltdown and migrate to ESPN2 at 9:30p for #5 Texas @ #1 Gonzaga."  

Curious to see when our WVU gametime will be.  Probably last time I'll bother watching the HOrns on TV this season.  Hoping for a night game so can watch outside in the tent with the girls for backyard camping.  

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, sorry to quote the OP, but just to answer the mention to me, a few points:

-Unless the fucking stain and stench of Texas football drifts over into other parts of my personal life this week, I'll no longer be an owner in Galveston after Friday.

-Texas is 5-7 this season. I don't know who all hasn't been watching any other games, but Kansas State has been getting better as the season has gone on. WVU isn't, but they'll be up for the Texas game and Neal Brown is a better coach than September Wins Steve. 

Anyway, here's to a sweet, sweet win this weekend. Savor it, because ULM is 10 months away.

Seven win Steve became September Win Steve. That’s enough of a comedown (and boy my hopes were higher than 7 wins) to be a real bummer. 
congrats/condolences on selling the Galveston place. That’s the kind of thing that could go either way I suppose. 

On 11/6/2021 at 10:16 PM, Newdoc said:

Lol. No. That will be the number the admin will try to blow up our collective asses but it won’t hit 50k. Maybe give free tickets to every AISD elementary school with an assignment to write a 500 word essay on how not to run a football program.

Only if the winning essay writer gains a spot on the coaching staff.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:03 AM, AnTiM said:

Can we give ourselves the death penalty? I think a 4 year break from Texas Football would do us all good.

Sark isn't getting fired this year guys no matter how the rest of the season goes. 

This is probably true but if we lose to fucking Kansas - at home - somebody needs to realize they made a huge mistake.

That said, we probably win and then drop the last two games to finish 5-7. No bowl game because no one on this team gives a shit and add another year to turn things around. Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, TxTower said:

This is probably true but if we lose to fucking Kansas - at home - somebody needs to realize they made a huge mistake.

That said, we probably win and then drop the last two games to finish 5-7. No bowl game because no one on this team gives a shit and add another year to turn things around. Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR

You've lost to the 4 best teams in the conference and you're the 5th best team in the Big XII.  KU is awful, so if you lose this one, disregard this optimistic view and fire everyone.  The OU game may have made us think they are on the right path, but currently they are as bad as they usually are.  Beat WV on the road, KSU at at home, win your bowl game and finish 8-5.  They come back next season with some positive momentum and make a run at the conference championship game.  Then you move to the SEC and resume getting your ass kicked on a weekly basis.  Ok, never mind.  You guys are screwed.    

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Seven win Steve became September Win Steve. That’s enough of a comedown (and boy my hopes were higher than 7 wins) to be a real bummer. 
congrats/condolences on selling the Galveston place. That’s the kind of thing that could go either way I suppose. 

Galveston thing is pragmatism. Kids are now at the age where they're all doing extracurricular stuff, so we can't get down there very much for very long. It helps that the real estate market is blowing up, but that wasn't a motivator. Still, it's a "congrats" thing and I'll take it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Two more 11am kickoffs to close out the season. That's actually ideal for WVU.

Only challenge will be if my second half drinking binge will hamper my ability to attend the SanJose state basketball game and then make the Stones concert that night.  I haven’t been in an Uber since Covid started but that day will necessitate taking the risk.  

how sad have the Horns and Stones fallen that the highlight of the day will be Spartan basketball?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Two more 11am kickoffs to close out the season. That's actually ideal for WVU.

Both teams could be fighting for bowl eligibility if we handle our business this weekend and they knock of K-State in Manhattan.. I feel like we became bowl eligible in Morgantown year one of Herman no? 

Edited by UTEX_ME

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Agree, this team isn't beating K-State or West Virginia. Fine, don't want the bullshit 6-6 bowl apperance. 

Put the season out of its misery as soon as possible. Is COVID still a possible thing / any chance we can have one / more games just called off?