• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You know who they really need? Steve Patterson. The man did wonders here and honestly CDC is just riding the coattails of what Patterson was able to accomplish. He’s got AD expierence, CEO expierence, he’s everything they need to truly awaken the sleeping giant that is ATM

Can you imagine how lit Patterson and his Disney princess would make the gameday atmosphere at Kyle Field?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

If LSU goes 5-7 this year, I bet the brand new AD can find enough enthusiastic corndog money to fire Orgeron and make a splash hire. I don't think 5-7 is real likely, but they have us and Utah State (11-2 last year) out of conference. 

They aren't going 5-7

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Can you imagine how lit Patterson and his Disney princess would make the gameday atmosphere at Kyle Field?

With their Cadets that make West Point look like toy soldiers, before every game they could all fly their jet packs around just before kickoff

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

With their Cadets that make West Point look like toy soldiers, before every game they could all fly their jet packs around just before kickoff

They would claim superiority over the Air Force Academy, claim credit for Doolittle's raid and add Chuck Yeager as a former student since he once drove through the Station on his way to Randolph Field.  

Crazy hearing about the pressures college kids have nowadays......

This was in Looch's chat today.....

EconAg18 said:

I seem to remember both Daylon Mack and Tyler Davis releasing statements/videos recently discussing their mental health and how they had battled depression during their time at A&M. Do you see our athletic department taking a more concentrated approach to mental health of our student athletes moving forward? As a recent graduate I feel like the students and student organizations have taken a stronger stance in regards to mental health, but I'll admit I felt like the university itself was lacking in some sorts. Thanks for all you do Looch, I know today was rough!

Amazing question and, yes, I have seen a stronger push towards recognizing and treating such issues among A&M athletes. They're ahead of the game in this area.

Liucci

In reply to GT_Aggie2015 • 10:48p

Staff

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

EconAg18 said:

I seem to remember both Daylon Mack and Tyler Davis releasing statements/videos recently discussing their mental health and how they had battled depression during their time at A&M. Do you see our athletic department taking a more concentrated approach to mental health of our student athletes moving forward? As a recent graduate I feel like the students and student organizations have taken a stronger stance in regards to mental health, but I'll admit I felt like the university itself was lacking in some sorts. Thanks for all you do Looch, I know today was rough!

Amazing question and, yes, I have seen a stronger push towards recognizing and treating such issues among A&M athletes. They're ahead of the game in this area.

Liucci

Staff

I would imagine the number of depressed athletes at aggy would have to be much higher than most other schools. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

EconAg18 said:

Liucci

Staff

Maybe "they're ahead of the game" in this area compared to other schools but Texas is the school really ahead of the game. 

Texas received a $20 million donation for a Student-Athlete Brain and Behavioral Health Center. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe "they're ahead of the game" in this area compared to other schools but Texas is the school really ahead of the game. 

They received a $20 million donation for a Student-Athlete Brain and Behavioral Health Center. 

Great point... glad Texas has such generous donors focused on these areas.  Today's Student Athletes need access available to support for the pressures they go through....

"A troubling study of collegiate athletes found that a full 24 percent met the criteria of "clinically significant" depression. As we learn more about the mind-body connection and the ways in which participating in high-level sports can weigh on student-athletes, it's becoming increasingly important to consider student-athletes' mental health. "

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/health-fitness/focusing-on-student-athletes-mental-health.html

The first 43 minutes of this are just fantastic. Gabe, Olin, Stephen McGee, and Looch experience bewilderment, anger, confusion, depression, and then once Looch gets there: sunshine and rainbows. This is literally Looch 90% of when he speaks:

Pycc4u.gif

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/DIZK0p6V8as/0116228-vbox.mp3

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

EconAg18 said:

Liucci

Staff

Ex_player_told_cops_he_killed_jogger_0_3

Sure Billy, aggy is "ahead of the game". I think the score is: aggy - 1  white rock lake joggers - 0. 

• Haha 1

Love that the SEC teams hate them so much. SEC Rant: “bro your fanbase thinks A&M should be a top tier program, despite being second fiddle in your own state, and relatively no history to back it up. I've never seen a fan base with such false bravado.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first 43 minutes of this are just fantastic. Gabe, Olin, Stephen McGee, and Looch experience bewilderment, anger, confusion, depression, and then once Looch gets there: sunshine and rainbows. This is literally Looch 90% of when he speaks:

Pycc4u.gif

I’m not going to listen but I will rep the transcribers!

Pycc4u.gif

af19b84c028bd7f333636f54d9174971.gif

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

EconAg18 said:

Liucci

Staff

In Daylon’s defense it’s a heavy burden to carry when you run this state ... or maybe he just didn’t like the way he looked in uniform.

Edited by ShowmeyourTDs

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

You know who they really need? Steve Patterson. The man did wonders here and honestly CDC is just riding the coattails of what Patterson was able to accomplish. He’s got AD expierence, CEO expierence, he’s everything they need to truly awaken the sleeping giant that is ATM

Isn't DeLoss looking for a part-time job?

Pycc4u.gif

Admittedly I was only half paying attention as I was working but did I hear correctly that one of their advertisers is a trailer park? If so, that does seem fitting, huh?

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

EconAg18 said:

Liucci

Staff

aggyitis   there is no known cure.