Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Kris HalamudaProtected Tweets

@SportyPunk

Texas State University Alumni. I love sports. I love the Packers,Spurs, Houston Astros Chicago Blackhawks and Texas A&M Aggies. Get at me! #TxStTrendSetters.

This dude is all over the map with his sports fandom.

TShirt Aggy at it's finest.

Stop that crap stooopid sip, aggy ain't got none tee shurt fans

• Haha 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I feel like the cadets need their own thread. I've seen em around when I've had jobs on the campus. Last time I paid a bit more attention. High level autism with those poor souls. They can't run but they can't walk? They do this weird speedwalk shit.

So I never realized they walk to have these awkward conversation with people to learn how to be Aggy or something?

HOWDY MAM

YES MAM 

blah blah. Fucking silly.

I do always give everyone there a sarcastic howdy and get one back every time, guaranteed. 😂

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I have always, my entire life, greeted people with a "howdy." Not an in-your-face "howdy" like aggy does, but "howdy" all the same. It is NOT an aggy thing, it is an old school Texas thing. In the 1970s in Llano, San Angelo, Marfa, Harlingen, and a half dozen other places where my family was scattered about, I'd visit relatives with zero connection to the li'l farming school in the armpit of Texas, and they'd all say "howdy" as a greeting.

I get the feeling the term went out of favor, actually, as soon as the media presence for aggy increased enough that people started associating it with Texas A&M. They are so obnoxious that they ruin everything they touch, including a good old fashioned Texas greeting.

I'm surprised aggy hasn't claimed "howdy" as the official greeting and start suing others for its use.  Whoop di do!

21 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I have always, my entire life, greeted people with a "howdy." Not an in-your-face "howdy" like aggy does, but "howdy" all the same. It is NOT an aggy thing, it is an old school Texas thing. In the 1970s in Llano, San Angelo, Marfa, Harlingen, and a half dozen other places where my family was scattered about, I'd visit relatives with zero connection to the li'l farming school in the armpit of Texas, and they'd all say "howdy" as a greeting.

I get the feeling the term went out of favor, actually, as soon as the media presence for aggy increased enough that people started associating it with Texas A&M. They are so obnoxious that they ruin everything they touch, including a good old fashioned Texas greeting.

Same here with the howdy.  Now when I say it out of habit I cringe.

Looking for better greeting, like hey bitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zavala said:

What happens when Texas beats LSU (without overtime) and then aggy goes on to lose to LSU this year?

LSU didn’t want to be there. They were focusing on SEC play. They just get up more for their true rival. 

Oh, and the obvious home vs road venue. 

Edited by EZ$
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I've used it a bit as well. It just gets very tempting there because the cult way is to return it. Gigidy!

3 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

I can't say whining about not winning an Espy is the most aggy thing ever (that would have to be fucking a goat or having a circle jerk with fellow cadets), but it's up there.

That's the kinda trophy they need, because it's all they got.  Seriously, is there another program in American with the resources, talent pool, size, support (and no bothersome stringent academic standards) that's accomplished less?  

3 minutes ago, texaslong said:

If Texas beats LSU while they lose to both Georgia and LSU, their recruiting would tank. 

I thought you were joking at first but they really do expect to win 10 games this year. I wonder if they are overselling expectations on the trail.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Truth.

My son for some odd reason actually applied to that outhouse of a school in Collie Station four years ago for undergrad and every damn piece of mail he got from Collie Station started off with "howdy."   Didn't matter if it was junk style mailer or an actual personal letter,   howdy was somewhere to be seen.   

Thankfully he wised up and  went elsewhere.