• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 6/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, mininghorn88 said:

Recently had some potential customers out of the Houston area visit our factory. I provided a presentation and a factory tour. One of the guys wanted his picture taken with one of our earthmoving pieces of equipment. He stood against the tire and smiled and gave the thumbs up.

All I said was, “aggy”?

He nodded and said, “Yes”.

tell him the price just went up

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Park Gothic said:
Surprised no one has posted this hilarious nightmare yet. AI generated by MSU's twitter:
Fyn3LgyXoAEAFan?format=jpg&name=large
When you ask a computer to draw Aggie, this is what you get.
Fyn3LgyXoAEAFan.jpg.4fbbadcc404aabeff4c8e1450d07722c.jpg

AI is some scary shit, ngl. Having said that, it nailed this one lol

I thought the Horns down was their hand sign?

• Haha 2

Only my Texas A&M brethren will understand:  Great read….poor aggy, Arky, Neb., Mo., Colo.

“Sometimes you just have to get things off your chest. When Arkansas left the SWC in 1992, we didn't walk, we ran, to get away from Texas. I loved our rivalry with Texas, but the toxicity that all the SWC had to deal with at the time from UT made football not very fun at times. "How?" you ask. I wish I could explain it to you but I can't. 

Many of the Big 12 current members refer to Texas as the "Evil Empire." I know my Texas ATM brethren understand this, and they are chastised for it, but all schools in the SEC will soon understand. I'm excited to have Oklahoma in the SEC, but Texas? I thought I was done with that.”

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/only-my-texas-aandm-brethren-will-understand/108527893/

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Only my Texas A&M brethren will understand:  Great read….poor aggy, Arky, Neb., Mo., Colo.

“Sometimes you just have to get things off your chest. When Arkansas left the SWC in 1992, we didn't walk, we ran, to get away from Texas. I loved our rivalry with Texas, but the toxicity that all the SWC had to deal with at the time from UT made football not very fun at times. "How?" you ask. I wish I could explain it to you but I can't. 

Many of the Big 12 current members refer to Texas as the "Evil Empire." I know my Texas ATM brethren understand this, and they are chastised for it, but all schools in the SEC will soon understand. I'm excited to have Oklahoma in the SEC, but Texas? I thought I was done with that.”

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/only-my-texas-aandm-brethren-will-understand/108527893/

To go alone with the AI talk

6D517879-3B90-4369-89C1-860D49C8E4F9.png

• Hook 'Em 2

Somebody made the mistake of blaspheming E King Gill on Texags.

Quote:In the early 70s he came through our dorm and we got to meet him. Seemed like a true gentleman based on the short conversation we had with him. Wish we gotten a pic.
Quote:
he is quite the celeb in C.Stn even though his time was in the 1920s
really, all he did was stand up during a game when everyone was falling, and he didn't even get to play.
while volunteering to play is a nice gesture, i think deifying him is overdoing things.
his fame/adulation far exceed his achievements and deeds

no offense.

Nice troll job...

I will respond any way.

I wouldn't say he has be "deified" but he certainly started something that has transcended what the student body represents for generations. While you are correct he never got to play, he stood ready to go in just in case he was needed and that in my opinion was pretty damn cool and worthy of the accolades he has received over the years. Here was a guy who didn't play football, but was willing to get out there and fill a spot just to make sure his team had enough players to continue on. In my opinion that tells me that he was a great Aggie and willing to do whatever it took to support his team and I admire that. 20231569

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

How ironic. Tiny dicks flock together.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

aggy needs to stfu about the “all male military academy back then”. That is no excuse, and They weren’t a military academy.
Notre Dame was an all male university back then too, with a smaller enrollment and won multiple national championships. Many other successful universities had similar male enrollment numbers. Did aggy run out of testosterone?
They claim to be the largest university in the country now, so what’s their problem with no championships?

Maybe they're arguing other teams had the unfair advantage of female players to choose from back then?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

aggy needs to stfu about the “all male military academy back then”. That is no excuse, and They weren’t a military academy.

Notre Dame was an all male university back then too, with a smaller enrollment and won multiple national championships. Many other successful universities had similar male enrollment numbers. Did aggy run out of testosterone?

They claim to be the largest university in the country now, so what’s their problem with no championships?

Aggy is the largest game of institutional “grabass” ever played. Seriously.

Everything revolves around traditions and sayings, none of which include success or anything profound. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

GTFO with that idiocy, aggy. You have historically been mediocre to bad at football because you’re historically mediocre to bad at football. That’s all there is to it. 

No matter how bad aggy has been in the past 100+ years….it is Texas’ job now to insure they continue to be bad and continue not to have any fun along the way.  Now, that is a Horn’s tradition!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Holy shit they're saying "frick" over there like Mormon 11-year-olds.

Below are some responses to some aggy on a Youtube video a while back.. IMHO, these should be our responses not only to aggy but any idiot that dares to defend them either on a BB or in the press.

1)Before 1964 A&M was an all male military college and you had to be a cadet and serve in the army to attend A&M. So A&M couldn’t recruit the big guys and talented players in the trenches like UT did for half a century because in the army there’s a height and weight test that you have to maintain. It’s like UT playing Army right now every year and claiming superiority. It’s just not fair. Aggies were to busy worried about serving their country rather than football. Most of UT’s wins were before the 60’s. 

Response #1:  A&M was a pseudo military school that was never affiliated  with either the USMA or USNA. It was the VMI or The Citadel of Texas. As far as recruiting was concerned, why was both Army and Navy ranked in the Top 15 the year that UT won its first MNC?   They were and always have been far more selective in admitting students to their schools than A&M.  Why did Army and Navy have better football programs than A&M in the 40s, 50s and 60s? BTW, you were only claiming one MNC until 2010

2) Scholarship cap: Before the 1976 there was unlimited number of scholarships a school could give to athletes. And Darrell Royal used this to his advantage. UT (having a lot of money at the time, now A&M has surpassed UT in the most valuable football program) would monopolize ten states recruits and hand out scholarships like candy and pack the team to prevent players to going to other universities. Once the NCAA placed a scholarship cap in 1975 Darrell left UT and they ended up sucking in the 80’s and 90’s. 

Response #2:  There was a 115 scholarship limit self imposed for SWC schools beginning the late 1950s. There was a push in the SEC to limit the football schoarships in the early 1960s. However it fell thru. Georgia Tech and Tulane left the conference as a result. Sure you couldl still sign as many players as you could in the SWC but you still had to be in and around 115 scholarships.  Interesting sidenote, in both 1960 and 1967, A&M signed more players that UT according to DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL. in 1960, A&M signed 47 players to UT"s 43.  In 1967, it was 47 to 40. What your sprouting is a total aggy myth.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RC Horn said:

Below are some responses to some aggy on a Youtube video a while back.. IMHO, these should be our responses not only to aggy but any idiot that dares to defend them either on a BB or in the press.

1)Before 1964 A&M was an all male military college and you had to be a cadet and serve in the army to attend A&M. So A&M couldn’t recruit the big guys and talented players in the trenches like UT did for half a century because in the army there’s a height and weight test that you have to maintain. It’s like UT playing Army right now every year and claiming superiority. It’s just not fair. Aggies were to busy worried about serving their country rather than football. Most of UT’s wins were before the 60’s. 

Response #1:  A&M was a pseudo military school that was never affiliated  with either the USMA or USNA. It was the VMI or The Citadel of Texas. As far as recruiting was concerned, why was both Army and Navy ranked in the Top 15 the year that UT won its first MNC?   They were and always have been far more selective in admitting students to their schools than A&M.  Why did Army and Navy have better football programs than A&M in the 40s, 50s and 60s? BTW, you were only claiming one MNC until 2010

2) Scholarship cap: Before the 1976 there was unlimited number of scholarships a school could give to athletes. And Darrell Royal used this to his advantage. UT (having a lot of money at the time, now A&M has surpassed UT in the most valuable football program) would monopolize ten states recruits and hand out scholarships like candy and pack the team to prevent players to going to other universities. Once the NCAA placed a scholarship cap in 1975 Darrell left UT and they ended up sucking in the 80’s and 90’s. 

Response #2:  There was a 115 scholarship limit self imposed for SWC schools beginning the late 1950s. There was a push in the SEC to limit the football schoarships in the early 1960s. However it fell thru. Georgia Tech and Tulane left the conference as a result. Sure you couldl still sign as many players as you could in the SWC but you still had to be in and around 115 scholarships.  Interesting sidenote, in both 1960 and 1967, A&M signed more players that UT according to DAVE CAMPBELL'S TEXAS FOOTBALL. in 1960, A&M signed 47 players to UT"s 43.  In 1967, it was 47 to 40. What your sprouting is a total aggy myth.

#2 response is incorrect.

The Texas football program is the most valuable among all colleges in the NCAA, being valued at $1.1 Billion.

A&M is not in the top 5.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/what-valuable-college-football-programs

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Crapinon said:

Somebody made the mistake of blaspheming E King Gill on Texags.

Quote:In the early 70s he came through our dorm and we got to meet him. Seemed like a true gentleman based on the short conversation we had with him. Wish we gotten a pic.
Quote:
he is quite the celeb in C.Stn even though his time was in the 1920s
really, all he did was stand up during a game when everyone was falling, and he didn't even get to play.
while volunteering to play is a nice gesture, i think deifying him is overdoing things.
his fame/adulation far exceed his achievements and deeds

no offense.

Nice troll job...

I will respond any way.

I wouldn't say he has be "deified" but he certainly started something that has transcended what the student body represents for generations. While you are correct he never got to play, he stood ready to go in just in case he was needed and that in my opinion was pretty damn cool and worthy of the accolades he has received over the years. Here was a guy who didn't play football, but was willing to get out there and fill a spot just to make sure his team had enough players to continue on. In my opinion that tells me that he was a great Aggie and willing to do whatever it took to support his team and I admire that. 20231569

Wasn’t Gill on the football team but then quite because he wasn’t going to actually play?  Meaning he wasn’t just some random student but an actual football player who quite on his team until they talked him into suiting back up to maintain numbers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, txhorns said:

Wasn’t Gill on the football team but then quite because he wasn’t going to actually play?  Meaning he wasn’t just some random student but an actual football player who quite on his team until they talked him into suiting back up to maintain numbers.

Wasn't there some duke around here that had all the details on this ad nauseum?  Whatever happened to that guy?

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

#2 response is incorrect.

The Texas football program is the most valuable among all colleges in the NCAA, being valued at $1.1 Billion.

A&M is not in the top 5.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/what-valuable-college-football-programs

My response is correct concerning aggy complaining about the unlimited scholarships. They led the SWC from 1960-1969 in players signed during that period. For them to state that UT was just stuffing our roster to keep other good players from competing against us is just plain laughable. Give them credit though. No one in the press corps in Texas is ever going to call them out for it. A total aggy myth that is still continues to this day.

Edited by RC Horn

8 hours ago, RC Horn said:

My response is correct concerning aggy complaining about the unlimited scholarships. They led the SWC from 1960-1969 in players signed during that period. For them to state that UT was just stuffing our roster to keep other good players from competing against us is just plain laughable. Give them credit though. No one in the press corps in Texas is ever going to call them out for it. A total aggy myth that is still continues to this day.

Correct, but I was addressing only the part about aggy being the most valuable football program.