Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

What they don't realize is that they shouldn't want this to be true. If culture can change drastically in just a few months, it can change the other way as well.

Also bragging about culture changes is something you do in year 1 or 2 of a new coach, not year 6

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

What.
The actual.
FUCK?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single male wearing boots and fucking cutoff daisy dukes at a UT football game. Women? Yes, plenty (thank the lord, by the way). But men? Not a one.
Every accusation is a confession: aggy can’t stop ranting about how UT is all steers and queers, as their student body dresses like the male crowd at a Village People show (NTTAWWT- fly your freak flag, people…just don’t be hypocrites).
Contrast this with another observation I locked in yesterday that puts Texas light years ahead of aggy: there were lots of beautiful girls and women at the game, dressed in their Texas finest (mostly accessorized with boots), and they were a rainbow coalition of Texas beauty: white, black, Hispanic, Asian, south Asian, you name it, they were there. And looking amazing. Hell, plenty of them had fantastic outfits that reflected unique cultural or ethnic flair, and it was awesome. Aggy can keep their white bread plain women in jerseys. Nobody else wants em.

Then your memory is starting to fade because this board’s very own Voodoochild had a pic of him and his cohort that was used for meme material by our rivals back in the 00s.

20 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

As I recall, the expression is, "the referee lives in Austin." 

Yeah, well….. a ton of aggy live in Austin and they have a big Alumni chapter here.

Makes me wonder if there is a Texas Exes chapter in Collie Station?

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Be a real threat to what? Puss out on playing in another bowl game?

Snook.

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Looks like another aggy got busted. This time, well, the 2nd time within a year, for violating a protective order. 

https://bustednewspaper.com/texas/spasojevic-moko-jordan-mark/20230930/

It's good to see that the sheep are finally getting some representation around there

download (7).jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

We are 5-0 heading into OU. Aggy had an early setback but has righted the ship just in time for Bama in October. Reading the aggy boards and SECrant, the farmers' confidence appears to be peaking just as October hits and a supposedly vulnerable Bama comes to town. The football gods have got this thing corrected.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

We are 5-0 heading into OU. Aggy had an early setback but has righted the ship just in time for Bama in October. Reading the aggy boards and SECrant, the farmers' confidence appears to be peaking just as October hits and a supposedly vulnerable Bama comes to town. The football gods have got this thing corrected.

Texas can’t be good… Bama must be HORRIBLE (despite ~15 years of evidence pointing to the contrary).
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

This is the only rationalization that makes their bubble coherent . 

Next week they crash down to hades 

Until Bama beats them by 2 td's. Then it's "Them sips are lucky they played Bama before they got it all figured out. They'll lose by 5 td's if they play again".

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Until Bama beats them by 2 td's. Then it's "Them sips are lucky they played Bama before they got it all figured out. They'll lose by 5 td's if they play again".

And also that Miami is a top 5 team.  The voters just don’t know how good they are.

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I am curious how worse is this in comparison to the Strong and Herman OL's...

And holy shit Ruben Owens is going to get a QB killed in pass pro

Not as bad, for sure, their F grade weakness at the RB position 100% exposes them to corner blitzes I counted 12 in just the Miami game.

Spoiler

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

And holy shit Ruben Owens is going to get a QB killed in pass pro

ive been saying this since he committed to them.

he wasnt to play early, and had basically the same amount of pass pro experience as i did coming out of high school, which is zero.

lots of coaches out there can scheme around that or do things to get around it (see Duce Vaughn and the cowboys or KSU last year) - Jimbo ain't one of those guys (nor is Bobby)

so you have a bad OL with a bad RB pass blocking (Daniels, Owens and Moss are pretty terrible per this metric) and a QB made of glass - what can possibly go wrong.

14 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I was at a store Sunday afternoon in Shreveport.  I was wearing a Texas Longhorn shirt.  An elderly man (LSU alum) made a comment to me that Texas really put it to Kansas yesterday.  I acknowledged his comment.  He then said this:

Man:  "Next year y'all will be in the SEC where it will be a lot tougher".

Me:  Thinking to myself.  Here it comes the old "the SEC is just so tough" that Texas will struggle.

Man: "Adding Texas and OU will make it very strong.  There is already Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss is having a good year, typically Florida and Auburn are decent.  Carolina will get you from time to time too.  You guys are coming on strong again.  What a conference it will be".

Me:  "Whoa, whoa, whoa.  You left out aggy".

Man:  Laughingly.  "No I did not".

Me: "I am glad to see that y'all are seeing what we have always known".

Man's wife:  "Oh, we have always known about them.  They are crazy.  We have some family members that are aggy.  They are in their 70s.  The whole fanbase is crazy.  They never grow out of it".

Our conversation continued a bit more ranging from football to education merits of the various schools.  There were no merits for aggy mentioned.

aggy does not yet realize that with us locking down TX-based eyeballs for the TV contracts they are quickly, if not already, a net financial negative for the conference.  At some point very soon the formula (total revenue - paying aggy to go away)/(teams minus aggy) is going to equal more than paying aggy an equal share.  They aren't a legacy member like Vandy so at some point I fully expect the SEC to realize they bring a worthless demographic to the table and were a means to an end - specifically getting the TX demographic the SEC really wanted.  They either take a reduced payout and get to continue to pretend they are a major conference team or they get bought out.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Prior to Baylor's big comeback at UCF, FBS teams had won 892 straight games when leading by 25+ after 3 quarters.  The previous such loss before UCF?

DI17MuEUIAAnYNN?format=jpg&name=small

That image needs to be worked into the aggy rollercoaster gif, right before October.

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Prior to Baylor's big comeback at UCF, FBS teams had won 892 straight games when leading by 25+ after 3 quarters.  The previous such loss before UCF?

DI17MuEUIAAnYNN?format=jpg&name=small

This pic sums up aggy.  They haven’t won shit but act like this only to lose.  The fucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

They go from "BMD's are seriously gathering the funds to buy out Jimbo..no seriously guys!" just a couple weeks ago to now many aggy convinced they'll win the west, Beat Georgia in the CCG and off to the playoffs.

You can't make this shit up.

The worst part about this is the fact the SEC sucks so badly this year it's possible they could actually stumble their way into doing just that.

• Haha 2

Not to be this guy…but aggy is winning this weekend. They almost did it last year on the road against a better version of this year’s Bama team. Bama’s o line is worse this year and Milroe hasn’t gotten any better. but both of these teams actually stink and it’s only clear when they play equal talent or a team with good coaching. I’ll also go on record as saying I’m always wrong, so there’s that. 

3 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Not to be this guy…but aggy is winning this weekend. They almost did it last year on the road against a better version of this year’s Bama team. Bama’s o line is worse this year and Milroe hasn’t gotten any better. but both of these teams actually stink and it’s only clear when they play equal talent or a team with good coaching. I’ll also go on record as saying I’m always wrong, so there’s that. 

Both defenses have improved but the offenses haven't.  Seems like a 13-10 kind of game.  

6 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

I don't want to be that guy, but I reluctantly agree with you

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is what's great about aggy. They know they are on the same roller coaster climbing the same hill, they know they are about to aggy things up the same way, yet they really believe the attention is about to be different

They are an unlikable version of Charlie Brown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1