• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Florida St should look at "stealing" Jimbo back from aggy since he not only is a championship coach, he knows how to do it at Florida St.

Haha Bobby Bowden will coach another game there before Jimbo Fisher will. I heard first hand from a former assistant of Jimbo's, he is not missed in Tallahassee even a little bit. He thought Jimbo had gotten the whole staff fired when aggy outbid themselves for him

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He spent awhile on Canada trying to figure out how to work his headsets but I think he's retired niw

download (5).jpeg

This was actually before his time in the CFL, but it always cracked me up

In May 2015, Nauset Regional High School announced Sherman would take over as head football coach following the resignation of coach Keith Kenyon, who became the new assistant principal.[2] After compiling a 4–18 record over two seasons, Sherman resigned in May 2017.[24]

It appears that whoever followed the Shermanator posted a 9-13 record the next two seasons. Djork might want to give him a look-see once Jimbo gets his $70-$80 mil retirement package. 

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

11/13/21 @ Ole Miss - Lost 29-19

11/27/21 @ LSU - Lost 27-24

10/1/22 @ Miss St - Lost 42-24 (RIP Pirate)

10/8/22 @ Bama - Lost 24-20

10/22/22 @ SCar - Lost 30-24

11/12/22 @ Auburn - Lost 13-10

9/9/23 @ Miami - Lost 48-33

Next up this year, @ Tenn, @ Ole Miss, @ LSU.  

How are they doing against UGA?

• Haha 2

Someone said it on SEC Rant but I think it may be true - ATM has not won a true road game (not including bowl games and neutral sites) against a ranked opponent since 2014.  I think it was Auburn, who was 7-1 at the time and ranked #3, then proceeded to finish 8-5.  If there was another one since then I couldn’t find it. 

• Drool 1

28 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

I think this might be fake because he doesn't get lost on the way to the stadium and ask for directions. 

Hello again Aggies,

A few weeks back I hoped on here to ask advice before traveling from Utah to attend my first A&M game this past weekend versus Bama. I'm returning to say thank you!

Thank you to the girl at Aggieland Outfitters where we picked up the A&M Bama gameday shirt for unexpectedly complimenting us on our BYU hats as we walked through the door.

Thank you to the guy we talked to in line at Dixie Chicken who asked if I was the BYU fan who had posted on here. It was great to chat in line before we ordered. The burger was delicious and a great atmosphere. My buddy and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting back by the rattlesnake, eating, and watching all of you cheer on OU to beat the Longhorns.

As we made our way to the stadium, I was really impressed how efficient 108,000+ people made their way into the stadium and to their seats. Same thing for exiting afterwards too.

I ended up scoring some great seats from Mike1973 on this board. I was also super surprised season ticket holders can still get paper tickets! I really miss my BYU season tickets being paper as it makes for a good keepsake. These seats were in section 33 about 25 rows up and they were perfect!

Thank you to the older gentleman I sat by. He was super friendly right from the start and we had great conversation throughout the game.

Thank you to the 12th man! WOW! I definitely consider Lavell Edwards Stadium a hidden gem in the west of 64,000 sober Mormons yelling to make a great and underrated atmosphere but this was definitely the loudest football game I've ever been to! Also, the most unified fanbase I've ever seen and it didn't let up from start to finish! Very impressive and something I will never forget. I will tell everyone about the time I witnessed the A&M crowd bring Bama to NINE false starts! It was simply poetic to be a part of that. Kyle Field with its new layout almost feels like a basketball arena where the noise just gets trapped in. Love it!!

Your band at halftime... beautiful!

As for the actual games, I'm not even an A&M fan, though I'll definitely pull for you after this, but man even I was frustrated by the lack of a secondary coverage and some really poor choices and clock management down the stretch. The inability to score with three minutes left from the two was mind boggling! I so so wish to have seen A&M down only two with that crowd and three times outs.

This is getting long but I really just want to express how much this experience meant to me to see first hand some state of Texas, SEC, big-time CBS, football.

The few small areas I think BYU has you beat on is our mascot, Cosmo, who dances and pulls off stunts like no other, a Cougar Tail, which is an 18 inch maple bar served at games, and the 3rd to 4th quarter transition which at BYU includes Polynesian fire dancers (link below). I welcome you all to come check these out with me in Provo someday and later on when my young boys are older, I will DEFINITELY be coming back to a game at Kyle Field!! Good luck the rest of the season!

post GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think after we travel to college station next season, we need to absolutely inundate the entre college football internet with stories of how great it was to visit a&m and how great the people are.
I'm sure we can do better. It seems they've given up trying to make them halfway believable and gone full circle jerk these days.

21 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

11/13/21 @ Ole Miss - Lost 29-19

11/27/21 @ LSU - Lost 27-24

10/1/22 @ Miss St - Lost 42-24 (RIP Pirate)

10/8/22 @ Bama - Lost 24-20

10/22/22 @ SCar - Lost 30-24

11/12/22 @ Auburn - Lost 13-10

9/9/23 @ Miami - Lost 48-33

Next up this year, @ Tenn, @ Ole Miss, @ LSU.  

They did manage to go 4-1 in 2020 but the largest crowd they saw on the road was 22k at Tennessee so that year was devoid of any homefield advantages. 

In 2019 they were 1-3 on the road with Ole Miss being their only road win. 

In 2018 they were 1-3 again on the road with SCar being their only road win. 

Excluding the Covid year Jimbo is an amazing 3-13 in true road games since jumping to the ags in 2018. 

Through 2.5 years Sark is 5-6 on the road with a real chance to match Jimbos total of 7 wins by mid November. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

I think after we travel to college station next season, we need to absolutely inundate the entre college football internet with stories of how great it was to visit a&m and how great the people are.

I'm worried that I'll be so impressed that I will ditch my Texas gear and go to outfitters for all new ag swag!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On Wednesday night, during Jimbo Fisher's radio show, Tennessee's defense received some motivation to make it personal this weekend via an unlikely source -- Texas A&M baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle.

During Fisher's radio show, host Andrew Monaco, the voice of the Aggies, mentioned that Schlossnagle had a message for Fisher ahead of Texas A&M's game against the Vols. 

"He (Schlossnagle) said 'give Jimbo a message for me, dance on that checkerboard a bunch of times'," said Monaco, to which Fisher replied "that's the idea". 

Haha...this is funny!

4 hours ago, Crapinon said:

I think this might be fake because he doesn't get lost on the way to the stadium and ask for directions. 

Hello again Aggies.....,

The few small areas I think BYU has you beat on is our mascot, Cosmo, who dances and pulls off stunts like no other, a Cougar Tail....

One thing must be impossibly hard to find but is certainly safe from attention in College Station is cougar tail. Sheep tail is a different story.

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
3 hours ago, The Gimp said:
I'm worried that I'll be so impressed that I will ditch my Texas gear and go to outfitters for all new ag swag!

I'm worried I'll go home and tear down my fence.

I’m glad hurricane season is pretty much over or we’re all at risk for putting plywood up on the inside of our windows 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, redswingline said:

If you claim 3 national championships but no students, players or alumni at your school are alive to remember any of them, did it really happen?

amclaimedtitles.jpg.0387760d2ef7b449c46e7db2bd8ddb1d.jpg

They added those two bullshit titles when they went over to the SEC.  Just pulled them out of their asses to try and make themselves seem more important.  It was laughable then, and it's even more hilarious now.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They added those two bullshit titles when they went over to the SEC.  Just pulled them out of their asses to try and make themselves seem more important.  It was laughable then, and it's even more hilarious now.  

amclaimedtitles.jpg.0387760d2ef7b449c46e7db2bd8ddb1d.jpg

they can claim all of them, but here are the results by year and who was awarded the most by selectors in case folks are curious. sorry for going all RD on this topic.

1919: Billingsley Report (BR) has a couple of different ways he calculates it over time as things have changed - the original formula, the tweaked formula from 2001 which removed margin of victory. so they have 4 different options there - original, BCS with Margin of Victory and BCS with No Margin of Victory. the original and margin of victory gave it to Illinois. A&M "earned" this national championship in the 60s when this came out.

the National Championship Foundation selected 3 winners in 1919 - Harvard, ND and A&M.

pretty clearly Illinois and Harvard were the two "real" winners here.

image.png.7f2346d2ecb1e38f10a576b1c6524582.png

1927: only selected here by Sagarin, who gave it to A&M 50ish years after the fact.

pretty clearly Illinois was the real winner here.

image.png.e40d44e96bff1ec3604d0f3dd2aad844.png

1939: this one is legit and earned. they won based on AP Poll and almost every selector picked them. this is the only national championship they have ever actually earned all things considered.

A&M was pretty clearly the real winner here.

image.png.51b50ab4b3956824ef8aa1826467a5ad.png

Spoiler

in case anyone is curious Texas was the consensus national champion in 63, very close to the consensus in 69 (Ohio St had 1 selector pick them and Penn St had 2 - Texas had 16 including P, FWAA, NFF and UPI), 70 was a split where Texas had NFF and UPI, Nebraska had AP and FWAA and Ohio St had NFF - UPI gave theirs away before the bowl. Texas claims this one and earned it based on the rules but come on. lost the last game of the year to ND. 05 Texas was the consensus team here as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

they can claim all of them, but here are the results by year and who was awarded the most by selectors in case folks are curious. sorry for going all RD on this topic.

1919: Billingsley Report (BR) has a couple of different ways he calculates it over time as things have changed - the original formula, the tweaked formula from 2001 which removed margin of victory. so they have 4 different options there - original, BCS with Margin of Victory and BCS with No Margin of Victory. the original and margin of victory gave it to Illinois. A&M "earned" this national championship in the 60s when this came out.

the National Championship Foundation selected 3 winners in 1919 - Harvard, ND and A&M.

pretty clearly Illinois and Harvard were the two "real" winners here.

image.png.7f2346d2ecb1e38f10a576b1c6524582.png

1927: only selected here by Sagarin, who gave it to A&M 50ish years after the fact.

pretty clearly Illinois was the real winner here.

image.png.e40d44e96bff1ec3604d0f3dd2aad844.png

1939: this one is legit and earned. they won based on AP Poll and almost every selector picked them. this is the only national championship they have ever actually earned all things considered.

A&M was pretty clearly the real winner here.

image.png.51b50ab4b3956824ef8aa1826467a5ad.png

Reveal hidden contents

in case anyone is curious Texas was the consensus national champion in 63, very close to the consensus in 69 (Ohio St had 1 selector pick them and Penn St had 2 - Texas had 16 including P, FWAA, NFF and UPI), 70 was a split where Texas had NFF and UPI, Nebraska had AP and FWAA and Ohio St had NFF - UPI gave theirs away before the bowl. Texas claims this one and earned it based on the rules but come on. lost the last game of the year to ND. 05 Texas was the consensus team here as well.

How did I not know that the only true national championship winning coach in their history was a guy named Homer Norton? Was he also the team bus mechanic?

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

SEC Offenses in SEC Play

102 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 13 sec ago by CRebs22

ConfidentAg
11:01a

AG

Thought I would post how A&M's offense does compared to the rest of the league. All these stats are from SEC play only.

Points per drive: 10th
Points per game: 9th
Plays per Drive: 12th
Yards per drive: 9th
Drives per game: 2nd (thanks defense)
Average first downs per drive: 11th
3 and out %: 5th
Turnover %: 12th
% of drives you score: 8th
% of plays in red zone: 11th
1st down %: 9th
Early conversion %: 11th

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

Texas claims this one and earned it based on the rules but come on. lost the last game of the year to ND. 05 Texas was the consensus team here as well.

That was the system in place at the time. The AP and UPI (coaches) were the entities that awarded championships. UPI always awarded theirs before the bowl games because most teams did not play in bowl games and because bowls were considered exhibition games. It is a legitimate championship.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

SEC Offenses in SEC Play

102 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 13 sec ago by CRebs22

ConfidentAg
11:01a

AG

Thought I would post how A&M's offense does compared to the rest of the league. All these stats are from SEC play only.

Points per drive: 10th
Points per game: 9th
Plays per Drive: 12th
Yards per drive: 9th
Drives per game: 2nd (thanks defense)
Average first downs per drive: 11th
3 and out %: 5th
Turnover %: 12th
% of drives you score: 8th
% of plays in red zone: 11th
1st down %: 9th
Early conversion %: 11th

Wow, Petrino has really improved them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That was the system in place at the time. The AP and UPI (coaches) were the entities that awarded championships. UPI always awarded theirs before the bowl games because most teams did not play in bowl games and because bowls were considered exhibition games. It is a legitimate championship.

i agree it's legit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

People who don't understand this, really just have no clue how the bowl games were viewed, at the time.  Notre Dame didn't attend bowl games from 1925 through 1968.  The Big Ten limited its conference allotment to only one single bowl team per season, until 1975.

You really can't look at college football 50+ years ago through a 2023 lens.  It's silly.

On the other hand, claiming a national championship for a year when nobody recognized you at the time, is just plain stupid.  Who on earth would do such a thing?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1