• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Typical Aggie explanation for their weird shit that they think is perfectly reasonable:

image.png.af42f6b29604270b9e6c0dfa9d27724e.png

image.png.a9d89f0426517ba94e009fe0866cc47f.png

image.png.0c1101ec35084c9d0a47c63c7612acaf.png

Most sane Aggies I know are ready to jettison the whole yell leader fiasco but those redass Ags think it's badass which is probably why they keep doing it despite all the category 5 cringe moments both at the games and during yell practice.  I still can't believe they have someone trying to translate the yell leader gibberish into american sign language at those things....  I would imagine the average deaf person to be far too intelligent to attend.

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you don't even have to risk the box

put your fastest defender next to whoever is assigned to bisontits and pick your path

hobbit won't let petrino run screens, misdirection, or anything that requires "execution"

As I recall, they did try some screen passes. The pressure was so great on one attempt that Johnson had to throw it to the RB who was either out of position or the pass was bad. Incomplete. I think they tried it a few other times and got some yards.

"Inches and execution," says Jimbo.

Edited by RomaVicta

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

You seem to be forgetting that his customer base is entirely composed of straight-up rubes.

Despite grumblings about him from a few on TexAgs, he is still considered the authority on everything. This last Luchador show is him regaining that authority. He's saying it sort of like it is. 

"Billy was all in on Jimbo. He's loyal to a fault. Now even Billy is doubtful." It's now safe for all TexAgs to be doubtful. "Thanks, Billy. You do a great job and we appreciate all the hard work!"

They don't love being fooled as much as they love clinging to the absurdity that they will be proved right and righteous in the end. At last the world will see past the MSM, any radio show guy who is critical of them, and the BOMC to recognize the wonders that they've known all along.

LIke the idiot I quoted above from Twitter, they expect their explanations actually explain anything other than their dedication to weirdness.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

I mean technically he would have had to have been born after 2012 for Jimbo to be the high water mark in his lifetime because that's when they won the Heisman and finished T5 with Georgia.  Yes I know Bilbo finished 4th in 2020* but still.  Bilbo is performing worse in 2023 so far than SS Rum Runner did in 2017 when he was fired after his 6th season piloting the Swaghawk.

image.0.0.jpg

Never.  Gets.  Old.

Johnson in the background sitting on his ass gets me every time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

As I recall, they did try some screen passes. The pressure was so great on one attempt that Johnson had to throw it to the RB who was either out of position or the pass was bad. Incomplete. I think they tried it a few other times and got some yards.

"Inches and execution," says Jimbo.

This.  Johnson also holds on to the ball too long.  Quick plays are just that.  He doesn't get the ball out fast enough and being pressured on 2/3 of every play doesn't help.  When you are sacked twice by your own damn line, you know it's going to be a spicy game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I normally can't stand listening to Liucci but that was must-see-TV because you could tell he just couldn't say anything positive.  Looks like he just got dumped by Johnny Football.

Its OK, though... squeeze Ags.

Texas A&M That's My Coach Cotton Short Sleeve Maroon T-Shirt

He really is a master of highlighting the points of the game when the score was close and making it sound like victory was juuuuust out of reach were it not for those two plays, etc. 

Tale of the aggy tape SRC edition

SS Rum Runner
2012 11-2 6-2 W Cotton
2013 9-4 4-4 W Chick-fil-A
2014 8-5 3-5 W Liberty
2015 8-5 4-4 L Music City
2016 8-5 4-4 L Texas
2017 7-5 4-4 Belk* did not coach
Total 51-26 25-23

Bilbo Aggins
2018 9-4 5-3 W Gator
2019 8-5 4-4 W Texas
2020 9-1 8-1 W Orange
2021 8-4 4-4 Gator* covid forfeit
2022 5-7 2-6 DNQ
2023 4-3 2-2
Total 43-24 25-20

I guess homeskillet thinks Bilbo's better SRC winning % makes him better than captain Swaghawk.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Any word on Nolen, Regis and Cooper?   Those injuries could cause them to lose to S Carolina or Miss State. And get blown out by LSU and Ole Miss on road.  

Their DL is really good.  But if Regis and Nolen are done, it takes a big step back in depth and ability to send waves of fresh bodies in.  

Nolen’s injury looked pretty bad since he was crying while being carted off the field. He might just be a little bitch, though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

aggy going to replace jimbo and his staff with AI robots…

OrygunAg
We can easily replace jimbo and our coordinators with ai. Hire the best position and unit coaches in the business to actually coach kids up then let it run. Replace the d coordinator, o coord, and HC and keep massive chunk of salary for position coaches and nil deals. Maybe keep someone on the sideline as a human
face for the kids.

• Haha 2

Just now, US183 said:

aggy going to replace jimbo and his staff with AI robots…

OrygunAg
We can easily replace jimbo and our coordinators with ai. Hire the best position and unit coaches in the business to actually coach kids up then let it run. Replace the d coordinator, o coord, and HC and keep massive chunk of salary for position coaches and nil deals. Maybe keep someone on the sideline as a human
face for the kids.

screenshot for when that's eventually nuked

image.png.3ad88cedd85ddd080f77cb7692c78f4b.png

Just now, BabaYaga said:

MNC winning coach.  On the market.  Let's get him locked into a long term contract before anyone else scoops him up!

And he's got a love of god, has white skin, and has that folksy ag charm to make them back up the brinks truck and guarantee 100+ million dollars.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Nolen’s injury looked pretty bad since he was crying while being carted off the field. He might just be a little bitch, though.

I didn't really see any hyperextension or weird angles on the leg when he got flipped, so it was a bit perplexing to me that he got carted off. That said, if he took a direct shot to a knee or tore something, that may not always show up to the naked eye. 

Just now, Vertigo said:

I didn't really see any hyperextension or weird angles on the leg when he got flipped, so it was a bit perplexing to me that he got carted off. That said, if he took a direct shot to a knee or tore something, that may not always show up to the naked eye. 

To me it looked like he popped a ligament with how he was acting vs the contact involved. I didnt see anything that I would have expected to cause an impact injury and yet he broke down like he knew his season was over.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Just playing it up so he can shut it down for the remainder of the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

I mean technically he would have had to have been born after 2012 for Jimbo to be the high water mark in his lifetime because that's when they won the Heisman and finished T5 with Georgia.  Yes I know Bilbo finished 4th in 2020* but still.  Bilbo is performing worse in 2023 so far than SS Rum Runner did in 2017 when he was fired after his 6th season piloting the Swaghawk.

image.0.0.jpg

There was a final four that played each other for the national title in 2020 and ATM was not one of those four teams. Final AP rankings are utterly irrelevant in the CFP era. Don't give these idiots anything to lean on.

34 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Any word on Nolen, Regis and Cooper?   Those injuries could cause them to lose to S Carolina or Miss State. And get blown out by LSU and Ole Miss on road.  

Their DL is really good.  But if Regis and Nolen are done, it takes a big step back in depth and ability to send waves of fresh bodies in.  

KarenKeyLargo, nutjob that she is, says it's a bad back and Nolan will be back this week.

32 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

He isn’t wrong though, who would they get that would be better? I guess Elko? This who they are and always have been. 

Elko has a big buyout in his contract with Duke, allegedly. 

23 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Ideal state is they go hire Dabo right before Clemson fires him.

@Doc Sam Beckett is there any notion of folks within the Clemson booster base having any real problems with Dabo at this point? Seems like a slow burn for him there that could lead to a Mack Brown-esque kind of departure years from now.

14 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

To me it looked like he popped a ligament with how he was acting vs the contact involved. I didnt see anything that I would have expected to cause an impact injury and yet he broke down like he knew his season was over.

My thoughts as well.  As we saw with Aaron Rogers, season ending injuries don't always look catastrophic on the field.  Something pops, the players damn well know about it.  His reaction seemed excessive for a "bad back".  Don't wish injuries on anyone, but this reeks of aggy spin.  

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

My thoughts as well.  As we saw with Aaron Rogers, season ending injuries don't always look catastrophic on the field.  Something pops, the players damn well know about it.  His reaction seemed excessive for a "bad back".  Don't wish injuries on anyone, but this reeks of aggy spin.  

KarenKeyLargo would never make something up. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

“They’re both day to day”

-Jimbo

• Hook 'Em 1