• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

that's what happens when you brag about how much money you have... 

every hour is going to cost them. Fewer candidate available and the $ goes up to convince someone to leave their current job.

if A&M doesn’t announce by tonight, it means they’re onto their 4th or 5th choice.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

every hour is going to cost them. Fewer candidate available and the $ goes up to convince someone to leave their current job.

if A&M doesn’t announce by tonight, it means they’re onto their 4th or 5th choice.

good-willretainer.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I said a few days ago but if you're forcing a HC to keep most of the staff you are already down like 3 tiers of coaches.

This has already reached Tennesse Schiano levels of hilarity, and Aggy is trapped in a real prisoners dilemma. 

The soup of variables are lack of cash, potentially exiting AD due to the stoops situation , wanting to keep E Rob to keep players, and pressing timeliness for clearly all of this up for signing day while coaches are coming off the board or being turned off from this shit show. 

IMO best remaining move is to promote E Rob , and learn from this for the inevitable search 2 years from now .

What Aggy will likely do is hire a mid coach , maybe Traylor if he's getting itchy or gets bad advise, doesn't matter. E Rob still leaves because he feels jilted, taking some of the defensive staff and players they wanted to keep in the first place. And then whatever mid coach having to hire a mid defensive staff .

I agree that the interim is likely the best avenue perhaps. I was watching the game, and the message board experts were pretty high on Robinson while Aggy was being competitive with LSU, but a few mistakes (INT, etc) and they turned on him quite quick. Did they really think they were going to beat Daniels and LSU? De-lu-lu.

As far as a FBS coach, I wonder if they ever rang up Steve Spurrier? Jr, not Dad. He's at Tulsa as the OC/QB coach. Using him as an example, that's the type of candidate that probably has a lower buyout, has experience in the SEC, and isn't going to break the bank (IIRC, TU has one of the smaller enrollments and the current coach is Kevin Wilson (former OC at tOSU). Anyway, a FBS coach or someone from their ranks seems like a safer bet than going all out for a big P-5 name because those candidates, potential or otherwise, seem to be saying aw hell naw. Money can buy a lot of happiness, but sometimes it just isn't worth it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tvko23 said:

keep the Best Recruiting Class Ever intact to take down sip. 

It's really baffling that they're prioritizing keeping together a group that has gone 12-12 since getting on campus over trying to find the best guy to build a program.

aggy is as aggy does

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

He already told Kentucky he was leaving. It was announced on ESPN GameDay yesterday morning Stoops was the hire. A revolt on the A&M side happened. Mainly boosters and possibly players who want a guy already in the building Robinson. Late last night around 11:15 pm it started being walked back on the Stoops hire.
Mike Stoops then he announced he had a change of heart and wanted to stay. Decisions were made without necessary approval. Seems like there is concern of player happiness as it pertains to an in house coach and also big boosters being misled and Bjork going kinda rogue. They humiliated Stoops and now he has to crawl back into bed with his wife that everyone knows he stepped out on. Had he left a few seasons ago he’d have had multiple options. aggy screwed him and the guys writing the checks on their side. And now they are screwed 

Eerbody screwed eerbody?

Oh, aggy

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He already told Kentucky he was leaving. It was announced on ESPN GameDay yesterday morning Stoops was the hire. A revolt on the A&M side happened. Mainly boosters and possibly players who want a guy already in the building Robinson. Late last night around 11:15 pm it started being walked back on the Stoops hire.
Mike Stoops then he announced he had a change of heart and wanted to stay. Decisions were made without necessary approval. Seems like there is concern of player happiness as it pertains to an in house coach and also big boosters being misled and Bjork going kinda rogue. They humiliated Stoops and now he has to crawl back into bed with his wife that everyone knows he stepped out on. Had he left a few seasons ago he’d have had multiple options. aggy screwed him and the guys writing the checks on their side. And now they are screwed 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

So, just as a thought exercise, who are actually valid options at this point?

Robinson

Traylor

Fleck?

Doeren?

W Fritz?

Fisch?

Is that Matt Campbell's music?!?!?!

Jason Candle is a sitting head coach with a Natty in his pocket.  Probably get him cheap, too.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I’m sure this has been covered but things moving fast as I’m at DFW to get my son on plane back to school. But a buddy said he heard Stoops went so far as to fly to aggyville but was told when he landed the job wasn’t his?!?! Please tell me this is true.

Our experienced flight-trackers should be able to confirm this. Maybe he was on the same plane with Urban?

• Prepare your anus 1