• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Ashylarry said:

Lol fucking clowns. Only A&M can have this spectacular of an implosion

In 2 years Elko is 16-9 overall...but he "gets a&m" and that's more important to Aggys. 

I love it

In conference they were 5-3 in '22 and 4-4 in '23. Mediocre ACC is the aggy standard.

Edited by Chopper

Nah, Elko would be an idiot to turn down aggy.  He'll easily double his salary, plus no state income tax, plus football will never be the number one sport at Duke.

Listen, I get it, Durham is a much, much better place to live, but it's a dead end coaching job.  There's just not much upside to staying.

This was in response to @jimmyjazz

Edited by DixonHur
forgot how quickly this thread moves
  • Hook 'Em 3

This smells so much like our fuckup with hiring Tom Herman.

1.Up and coming coordinator (Herman was actually hotter and coached to national championship)

2. Familiar with aggy (Herman was a GA under Mack)

3. Two years head coach experience (once again, Herman a bit more success)

Should be fun to watch over the next few years lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

The TexAgs post looks like it was around midnight last night, but as far as I can tell they're coming around especially after that Looch-door guy tweeted about Bjork and the BOR being in lockstep. Aggs love that lockstep. It's tradition!

8 minutes ago, Vermin said:

So aggy said we'll hire you, but you're stuck promoting a one trick recruiting wizard to significant scheme and play-calling responsibilities in your area of expertise because the academic admin likes him personally.

Really professional management over at aggy.

I wouldn't exactly call the AD and BOR academic would you? The BOR is over the President and the Provost and those two serve at the Board's discretion, which usually means those two have to pick their battles, leave, resign, or lose all integrity (which oddly enough is a supposed Aggie value). The documents released after the journalism school hiring/release/buyout this summer was not a brain trust (the BOR and the meddling former students) of which to be proud.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes a truth. Liucci said DeBoer gave them the “stiff arm.” He was likely their first approach/target. Wonder what that call went like?

Bjork: HI, would you like to be the next head coach of the fighting texum aggy? Whoop!

DeBoer...

Bored Season 7 GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Nah, Elko would be an idiot to turn down aggy.  He'll easily double his salary, plus no state income tax, plus football will never be the number one sport at Duke.

Listen, I get it, Durham is a much, much better place to live, but it's a dead end coaching job.  There's just not much upside to staying.

There is no way they’re going to pay him 12-15 million 

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not everyone values the same things.

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes a truth. Liucci said DeBoer gave them the “stiff arm.” He was likely their first approach/target. Wonder what that call went like?

I suppose it went something like what I do when I get spam calls. Hang up before they can finish the sentence and block the number.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The truth? Bold strategy, Billy. Better be careful with that. That shit's not gonna fly in aggyland.

• Prepare your anus 1

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

This smells so much like our fuckup with hiring Tom Herman.

1.Up and coming coordinator (Herman was actually hotter and coached to national championship)

2. Familiar with aggy (Herman was a GA under Mack)

3. Two years head coach experience (once again, Herman a bit more success)

Should be fun to watch over the next few years lol

I started having PTSD flashbacks to 2014:

Almost every coach in the country got a raise off us that year, we went from "we're getting Saban!" to Jim Mora Jr. publicly turning us down (real offer or not) to settling for our "totally first choice the entire time, we swear" Charlie Strong. 

I'm gonna puke just thinking about that debacle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

Just off the top of my head, all of these jobs are more desirable than aggy:

Bama

Texas

Notre Dame

Florida

OU

Georgia

Florida St.

Michigan

Ohio St.

Miami

USC

Oregon

Stanford

Penn St.

Michigan St.

Ole Miss

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Washington

Tennessee

Clemson

c'mon. this is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Why would they need to?  He makes $3.5 now

Do we know that?  It's a private school.  (Not that you aren't aware.)  I've seen the "according to tax documents" claim . . . was that some sort of FOIA request?  From a private university?

At any rate, he should be a relative bargain, but A&M will probably screw this up and pay him $9M or some such just because they want to look like one of the big boys.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do we know that?  It's a private school.  (Not that you aren't aware.)  I've seen the "according to tax documents" claim . . . was that some sort of FOIA request?  From a private university?

At any rate, he should be a relative bargain, but A&M will probably screw this up and pay him $9M or some such just because they want to look like one of the big boys.

It was in an article today

According to tax documents, Elko made just $3.5 million after signing a contract extension through 2029 at Duke. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"There is no way they’re going to pay him 12-15 million.

Maybe that would be the price listed in the incentive clause if he beats UT. One win and eleven losses and he still comes out ahead? Seems like a standard contract like Jimbo had. When they beat Bama all was forgiven for the season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, YouLoveMyPenises said:

Because he quite literally has them by the balls. If it comes out he turned them down, A&M is on their 3rd choice at best. Can they handle the public humiliation?

Well, their national championship trophy case in that department is already chock full.