• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, dcar00 said:
I thought it would be Traylor but maybe Traylor wouldn't agree to keeping Robinson.  or he's aware of how batshit crazy the place is.
It is appropriate the coach they hired has a average record of 8-4

Traylor was a serious candidate for aggy and did inteview, but I guarantee you they tried to low-ball him on the contract so they could at least point out the savings to those not thrilled about the hire. Traylor (or his agent) wasnt having it and aggy wasnt prepared to pay near Jimbo money to steal UTSA's coach.

It would be stupid to pay Traylor anywhere near Jimbo's salary.  (It was stupid to pay Jimbo that much, but at least he had some skins on the wall.)  Where's the leverage?  "Oh, you won't pay me $10M annually?  Well, fuck that, I'm going back to UTSA where I make $2.8M.  Ha ha!  suck it, losers!"

(This assumes A&M has some negotiating skill, which clearly they don't, but nevertheless . . . )

It would be stupid to pay Traylor anywhere near Jimbo's salary.  (It was stupid to pay Jimbo that much, but at least he had some skins on the wall.)  Where's the leverage?  "Oh, you won't pay me $10M annually?  Well, fuck that, I'm going back to UTSA where I make $2.8M.  Ha ha!  suck it, losers!"
(This assumes A&M has some negotiating skill, which clearly they don't, but nevertheless . . . )
Of course it would be stupid, but it would also be stupid and humiliating for any coach to take that job knowing the guy lounging down in Key West drowning himself in margs is getting paid more than you are.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fuck all that noise. Its impossible to win a championship at aggy either. Hell Stoops had two 10 win seasons at UK in the time that Jimbo was fleecing A&M.  I would demand $5 million more than I was making at my current gig just to stomach the nonstop fucktardedness that defines that shit hole. Call it a milkman tax

Texas A&M Football: What Does Gig Em Mean, Explained | vlr.eng.br

I'd have a clause in my contract that says if I saw one of those milk men anywhere near me, I get paid the full amount of the contract immediately. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, do the Fightin' Texum Aggies have a corch yet?

Well, technically they have a lot of coaches at aTm.  Tennis.  Golf.  Volleyball. Equestrian.  Basketball.  Baseball.  Cross Country.  Equestrian Cross Country.  Swimming & Diving.  Equestrian Swimming & Diving.   Track & Field.  Soccer.  Equestrian Soccer. And Tasinn.  Anni wird gut bezahlt. Sie kann gewinnen.

200.gif

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, YuppiesOfftheEastSide said:
fuck duke. Figured Elko would chase the cash. duke is an embarrassment

Duke knows what they are and ok with it. Win enough to get in a decent bowl every 3-4 seasons while occasionally take down a big boy program and the Duke head corch is a golden god.

Ha, you must not follow acc sports very closely. Not a single student or booster on that campus cares one bit about their football team. Maybe that’ll change now that coach k has retired, but I doubt football will every be a priority there. 

(All this to say that you’re probably right about the first bit and probably not about the last bit, in my opinion)

50 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

That doesn’t matter very much.   Will still suck.

- Your friend,

Mike Sherman

Gotta admit, I didn’t see the racist death threats coming. That’s on me. Damn shame my man E-Rob didn’t get the gig. I’m sure that would have ended well.

Your Pal,

Kevin Sumlin

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Elko would be a very good hire. If he’s waiting then there might be another job he wants. 

I don’t think some of y’all realize how difficult a job Duke is (for football). 

He and Steve Spurrier are the only coaches in the last 50 years to have a winning record there.

I really wish that Stoops hire had stuck.

I see you did zero research here. David Cutcliffe (the coach before Elko) had multiple winning seasons including a season with 10 wins. 

Edit to see that you may have meant overall. But Cutcliffe had them in a place no one had since Spurrier. 

Edited by jinx
  • Hook 'Em 3

Ha, you must not follow acc sports very closely. Not a single student or booster on that campus cares one bit about their football team. Maybe that’ll change now that coach k has retired, but I doubt football will every be a priority there. 

(All this to say that you’re probably right about the first bit and probably not about the last bit, in my opinion)
I'm just saying that unlike aggy, Duke is aware of their place in CFB and havent shown any real signs they want to change things.
  • Like 1

Ha, you must not follow Duke sports closely… The entire campus rallied behind Elko and the football team (see UNC last year or Notre Dame this year). In the rare times when Duke football is winning, they have a small but avid fanbase. Duke’s AD fully understands that making football competitive is the #1 priority. Duke Bball is obviously huge, but football is the main revenue driver (and expense) in college athletics. And Duke doesn’t want to get left behind in the next round of re-alignment…

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm gonna laugh if Jimbo is pulling two paychecks before aggy can stop getting dumped. 

Get outta here.  This just gets funnier and funnier.

The hilarious part is that Vandy just extended Lea to 2029 last winter.  So both Vandy is going to pay a guy to not corch so that they can hire another corch who is also being paid not to corch.

Somebody get Mel Brooks on the phone, I wanna pitch a sequel to The Producers.

Edited by orangebird
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Traylor was a serious candidate for aggy and did inteview, but I guarantee you they tried to low-ball him on the contract so they could at least point out the savings to those not thrilled about the hire. Traylor (or his agent) wasnt having it and aggy wasnt prepared to pay near Jimbo money to steal UTSA's coach.

If the rumors are that aggy wants to keep as much of the staff as possible then I could see that being a sticking point for Traylor.  I’m like 95% sure traylor has never hired an outsider while at utsa.  Every hire has been someone he worked with at texas, smu or Arkansas, or promoted from within.  He’s a big “culture” Guy since he’s not a a pure offensive or defensive coach.  He wouldn’t want anyone that tries to undermine his culture. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1