• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Erin Hogan:

Career update: Just wanted to let everyone know that today was my last show on The Horn.   It’s been an incredible 15 year run, full of twists, turns, and challenges -- but it has also been an absolute blast, including the past 7 months working alongside the great, Rod Babers.

Going to ESPN radio.  102.7

He finally got tired of listening to Rod.

I get it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/27/2024 at 3:10 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Nobody besides Swaim has reported this and Swaim cites NO sources.

It's bullshit.

image.png.bbcc005a2d780ae325b2d917d18db90e.png

That guy seems pretty alarmed by it.

On 2/28/2024 at 1:07 AM, deft said:

And the first quote:

dm44time
9h ago

First, no disrespect towards the University of Arkansas. This is just directed towards the author of this article. When you use the word "cult" in reference to a school's cheers, or chants as you like to call them, you undermine your credibility. Every school has certain group cheers, and traditions. Certainly the Hog Call is an example of this. Now as for inferring from rumors, that Texas A&M would want to leave the SEC due to some form of jealousy or envy of the University of Texas, again this is an old narrative that show's lack of creativity in writing, and any insight on the matter of a possible re-alignment that has Texas A&M moving to the Big 10.
I am a fan of the SEC. It's a great conference. But so is the Big Ten. And if your state has more than one world class university, it would actually make more sense to have each school separated into the two big time athletic conferences. College Football is a business. In business, you want to have your product available in as many markets as possible. This is about what benefits the state of Texas. And it's about establishing connections from the state of Texas, to as many young people as possible. And having both of our world class universities distributed into each of these different areas of the country benefits the state of Texas as a whole.

This only lacks, "Good day, sir. I said, good day!"

Their pompous mode is almost as cringe inducing as their cloying "please love us" videos. You know, "we're not weird" and the profoundly self-humiliating video of them doing SEC team cheers. 

You'd recognize this as Aggie from a mile off. The explanation of something everybody knows as though they're the only ones keen enough to perceive it. "College football is a business, In business..." 

Then there is the self-agrandizing lie about their importance and their ever-selfless motives.

On 2/28/2024 at 6:33 AM, YGIFS said:

Yeah I saw the billboard.  I just didn’t get the connection to Sydney carton.   I’m sure they’ll be putting up goofy shit  up again in Austin.  If we’re half smart, we can fake lease them some Lamar billboards for the Tailgate/wreath fund. 

I think a lot of the ridicule was directed at you asking, "the same Sidney Carton who posts here?" As opposed to what, the original one last seen on a tumbril? I'm not saying you're an idiot; it was just a funny slip.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

God I would love it so much if aggy chickened out and bolted for the Big 10/20/whatever.

They’re not a good enough school to get in that conference.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

I think they are (or were) top 50 in US News rankings, that has to be good enough to at least fall in the middle of the pack or slightly better. Maybe not, no idea on criteria to get in but USNaWR rankings probably matter very little. 

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.bbcc005a2d780ae325b2d917d18db90e.png

That guy seems pretty alarmed by it.

This only lacks, "Good day, sir. I said, good day!"

Their pompous mode is almost as cringe inducing as their cloying "please love us" videos. You know, "we're not weird" and the profoundly self-humiliating video of them doing SEC team cheers. 

You'd recognize this as Aggie from a mile off. The explanation of something everybody knows as though they're the only ones keen enough to perceive it. "College football is a business, In business..." 

Then there is the self-agrandizing lie about their importance and their ever-selfless motives.

I think a lot of the ridicule was directed at you asking, "the same Sidney Carton who posts here?" As opposed to what, the original one last seen on a tumbril? I'm not saying you're an idiot; it was just a funny slip.

Rice to the Big 10?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Just when you thought Aggy couldn’t possibly fuck something up…they managed to ruin jalapeños:

GD what a bunch of pussies.  I'm ashamed those wimps are a part of Texas.  Ooohh this burns...

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

GD what a bunch of pussies.  I'm ashamed those wimps are a part of Texas.  Ooohh this burns...

Their assholes are probably more generally sensitive than others... for reasons. 

• Haha 6
  • Prepare your anus 1

I for one would love to see the gomers go to the big10. Then they can visit KKL and Norman whenever they play Corn. Watching their nuts break off when they squeeze in December at some of those schools would be an added bonus. I cannot wait till they have midnight yell when it is colder than John Sharps heart up north.

image.png.48656853386d51042765bdf7d63385f7.png

3 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Just when you thought Aggy couldn’t possibly fuck something up…they managed to ruin jalapeños:

Currently on sale at freaking Walmart I think. No heat whatsoever. 

I think they are (or were) top 50 in US News rankings, that has to be good enough to at least fall in the middle of the pack or slightly better. Maybe not, no idea on criteria to get in but USNaWR rankings probably matter very little. 

Yeah but they’re number one in self reported bestest skools.

16 hours ago, Scholz said:

This. B1G schools pride themselves on academics. That's a reason why they took Maryland and Rutgers(besides also wanting the DC and NYC markets). aggy doesn't have a good enough student body GPA for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

This. B1G schools pride themselves on academics. That's a reason why they took Maryland and Rutgers(besides also wanting the DC and NYC markets). aggy doesn't have a good enough student body GPA for them. 

If they will take Nebraska and Oregon, they would take A&M.

To be fair, Oregon is a very good school academically.  Plus the cash.  Nebraska was always a head-scratcher since it's by far the shittiest academic school in the Big 10.  But at the time, it still had name cache and maybe they thought they'd reboot themselves as a football powerhouse.  But that obviously didn't happen.  And Rutgers though?  I mean, shit.  Jackie Aprile, Jr. got into Rutgers.  I think A.J., too.  How hard can it be?  

Obviously the Big 10 would want its footprint in Texas, but they still have some integrity left.  There were the innovators of athletic conference research collaboration/funding.  But most of the people that know that in their conference are probably dead now.  So maybe they figure "Meh, why the hell not?"  And then flash forward a couple years to Gob Bluth looking out the window, "I've made a huge mistake..."  

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

To be fair, Oregon is a very good school academically.  Plus the cash.  Nebraska was always a head-scratcher since it's by far the shittiest academic school in the Big 10.  But at the time, it still had name cache and maybe they thought they'd reboot themselves as a football powerhouse.  But that obviously didn't happen.  And Rutgers though?  I mean, shit.  Jackie Aprile, Jr. got into Rutgers.  I think A.J., too.  How hard can it be?  

Obviously the Big 10 would want its footprint in Texas, but they still have some integrity left.  There were the innovators of athletic conference research collaboration/funding.  But most of the people that know that in their conference are probably dead now.  So maybe they figure "Meh, why the hell not?"  And then flash forward a couple years to Gob Bluth looking out the window, "I've made a huge mistake..."  

Yes, the Big 10 has integrity.  See Penn State/Sandusky.  Michigan State/Nassar. Ohio State/Strauss.  Michigan.

Real collection of fine people.  Just a little rapey.

• Hook 'Em 1

The B1G would gladly accept TAMU for the same reasons the SEC did-- access to Texas recruiting and Texas televisions without bringing in a threat to the established powers of the conference.  This rumor is almost certain to be completely false, but it's also plausible, which is why people are still discussing it.

Edited by utee94

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The B1G would gladly accept TAMU for the same reasons the SEC did-- access to Texas recruiting and Texas televisions without bringing in a threat to the established powers of the conference.  This rumor is almost certain to be completely false, but it's also plausible, which is why people are still discussing it.

And yet, this big bad program moving around would be met with a collective yawn when it comes what they add to the B1G or what the SEC is losing outside of a mindless army of yokels. 

45 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Yes, the Big 10 has integrity.  See Penn State/Sandusky.  Michigan State/Nassar. Ohio State/Strauss.  Michigan.

Fair point.  But you also missed another one at Ohio State.  

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

And yet, this big bad program moving around would be met with a collective yawn when it comes what they add to the B1G or what the SEC is losing outside of a mindless army of yokels. 

Oh yeah, I'm not asserting that it would matter to anyone other than the ags.

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

And they like to take videos of... stuff. NTTAWWT