Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

You say that as if Mack only had one problem during his time at Texas.

eh, he was pretty damn good for about 12 years.  from an on the field perspective he makes about 4 more conf champ games if he beats folks he should have beat.

he fucked us over on the way out.  fuck him.

and thats all I have to say about that.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

ChiraqDoc still spitting nonsense about how he’s so glad Lincoln left and they’ll finally get another title.

All this rhetoric about how they’re going to be better. I feel dumber each and every page.

The McRib is back.

It made me truly realize how obnoxious I must have sounded complaining about the O-line in 2009.

25 minutes ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

From a boomer FB friend (I don’t care enough to fact check):

Nothing but facts:
Clay Helton fired Sept 13th. 
Sept 19th the 1st of 7 recruiting visits to the state of California (7) I said
October 23rd shut out first half in Kansas 
November 5th on bye week canceled film sessions with players and coaches.
November 6th another trip to the LA area.
November 8th the week of Baylor canceled practice for personal matter.
November 13th first loss to baylor 27-14. 
November 25th first article and tweet of Riley to LSU
November 26th Riley meets with media and coaches and says no he is not going to LSU.
November 27th OSU wins bedlam.
November 28th meets with team for 2 minutes total to say he loves them and he is leaving.
November 29th AT 5AM Riley and 5 coaches are at airport and on the way to USC. 
This was not 12 hours on a whim this is a process that included planning and TANKING.
Riley to USC happened September 14th.

it was nice of him to leave out Oct 9 Caleb Williams saves his ass

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Nothing but facts:
November 26th Riley meets with media and coaches and says no he is not going to LSU.
November 28th meets with team for 2 minutes total to say he loves them and he is leaving.
This was not 12 hours on a whim this is a process that included planning and TANKING.

Yea. That’s how shit works.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Stopped at "The Grill" in Dalhart with my son on trip back from Colorado -- I'm a sucker for old diner food, and my son is too!!

photo0jpg.jpg

Good Stuff... 😋 

Diner food = best food. Not saying it won’t make your life shorter, but for me, more enjoyable. 😋

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

Nothing but facts:

I mean, I don't doubt that Riley (or his people or whatever) have been talking to USC for a few months, but TANKING?

How the fuck are they tanking? They finished 10-2. Their only two losses were to #5 Oklahoma State and #9 Baylor, both on the road.  They were within a few eyelashes of winning the Bedlam game and playing for the Big 12 title.

If they were "Tanking" that's some really shitty tanking.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

“We ooze bitterness that our coach left, but OU football is bigger than one coach. “

OU football (and this is true for every program) is the coach. 

True.  But you can easily argue LR isn’t even a top 3 coach at OU.  How many programs have won as consistently as OU?  I’ll hang up and listen.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

It made me truly realize how obnoxious I must have sounded complaining about the O-line in 2009.

54 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I mean, I don't doubt that Riley (or his people or whatever) have been talking to USC for a few months, but TANKING?

How the fuck are they tanking? They finished 10-2. Their only two losses were to #5 Oklahoma State and #9 Baylor, both on the road.  They were within a few eyelashes of winning the Bedlam game and playing for the Big 12 title.

Some of you get it.

We’ve been there. We had a coach winning all the damn time, had a title, a couple conference titles, and a ton of player hardware. We ran him out of town, said he sucked and have been playing UTEP level ball for more than a decade now.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Oh I absolutely felt like deleting that dumb added unnecessary bit, but she’s not THAT good of a friend and I don’t care if she gets ridiculed for it.

I agree with you 100% and I think Riley was smart as fuck to make this move.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

True.  But you can easily argue LR isn’t even a top 3 coach at OU.  How many programs have won as consistently as OU?  I’ll hang up and listen.  

Easily argue?  Based on results, Lincoln is clearly below Wilkinson, stoops, and (spits on ground) Switzer.  He's competing with Fairbanks for 4th place.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Some of you get it.

We’ve been there. We had a coach winning all the damn time, had a title, a couple conference titles, and a ton of player hardware. We ran him out of town, said he sucked and have been playing UTEP level ball for more than a decade now.

Minus the handjobs while watching the games.  We truly can't have nice things.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Easily argue?  Based on results, Lincoln is clearly below Wilkinson, stoops, and (spits on ground) Switzer.  He's competing with Fairbanks for 4th place.

Yes, that's very obvious to me, but this is a Texas site (OU sucks) and I don't expect everyone to be up to speed on Fairbanks.  But I would argue they're in same tier, very clearly below the 3 who won titles.  

3 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

I once met a man at the XIT rodeo in Dalhart that invited us to his house to check it out. He looked like he had just crawled out from under a bridge but he was very nice and seemed trustworthy so we went. Well, this crazy bastard legitimately lived in a treehouse. Like, a full on house in a tree. He had shit crammed in every nook and cranny of that place. As a young kid, it was amazing and he gave us all kinds of old collectibles and I even got a brand new blow dart gun, still in the package. He gave me a matching set of 1968 Texas license plates that had never been mounted. The paper divider between the plates was an advertisement for the Texas Prison Rodeo. Still have the plates, too.

christina aguilera madonna GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Ha, me too. I grew up in a restaurant my family owned in Henrietta called The Dinner Bell. Cowboy steak, burgers, salad bar, anything you could want. I can do some eating.

True story -- a cousin of my dad's once owned a restaurant outside of Paris, Texas, coincidentally also named the Dinner Bell.  They served much the same kind of fare as this, as I recall.  Then the whole thing completely burned to the ground about 25 or 30 years ago.  We always kind of suspected arson in the back of our minds, as the cousin was a bit of a shady character -- but apparently the investigators could not ever prove anything, so nothing ever happened to him.

James McMurtry's "Choctaw Bingo" always hits a little too close to home when it comes to parts of my extended family, LOL.

• Like 1

I don't get all the scorn for the little belly-tatted snake. Who gives a fuck if he jumped the gun on talks with USC. The entire fucking premise of that state is based on jumping the gun, hence their name. They celebrate that shit. 

He's already fucked over their recruiting class for this year, and he's forcing their hand on rolling the dice with a new coach.  Despite Chitown's confidence they will improve their prospects, they proved in the 90's they can fuck up like the rest of us by hiring 3 bums in a row. Riley has arguably done more to strengthen Texas' hand than Sark has by orders of magnitude.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I don't get all the scorn for the little belly-tatted snake. Who gives a fuck if he jumped the gun on talks with USC. The entire fucking premise of that state is based on jumping the gun, hence their name. They celebrate that shit. 

He's already fucked over their recruiting class for this year, and he's forcing their hand on rolling the dice with a new coach.  Despite Chitownxs confidence they will improve their prospects, they proved in the 90's they can fuck up like the rest of us by hiring 3 bums in a row. Riley has arguably done more to strengthen Texas' hand than Sark has by orders of magnitude.

How many orders of magnitude?

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

Yep, now OU gets to pay 10+ million a year anyway on a coaching speculation since the coaching salary bar has been significantly raised.  And while they may get the hire right, statistically they are more likely to get it wrong, especially considering their next coach has to navigate the transition to the SEC.

Say what you want about Sark, but if a good head coach's salary is 12 million per year, he's probably getting paid commensurately at 5.7 million.

Oh I'm sure the BOR and CDC will announce a 3 year extension that raises Sark's annual pay to 12M by the end of the week

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Holy shit, just when you couldn’t imagine Lincoln Riley being any more of a shit bag, now he claims his first contact with USC was AFTER the Bedlam game. Absolutely ridiculous. What a punk. 

Ah it’s ok your playhouse is getting started burning down.  NIL, SEC, no Big12 to save your ass, and no committee strong enough to get you in a playoff just cause.

BTW Chitown if you read this didn’t you go around posing like a horn fan originally?

That was back on the Shag.

• Fuck You 1