Arterio Morris

shadow_operative

BWG let his hate for Beard cloud his judgment on Beard as the coach. 

I think we can all agree that Beard is a troubled person but questioning Beard's coaching acumen based on what he's done as a head coach was idiotic. If BWG would have simply said something like "I recognize Beard is a great coach but I think he's a bad person" nobody would have given him nearly as much shit. 

Some of BWG's takes on recruiting and coaching decisions were why most people couldn't stand him. Especially after he defended Shaka Smart with such passion. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/19/2023 at 5:29 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

BWG let his hate for Beard cloud his judgment on Beard as the coach. 

I think we can all agree that Beard is a troubled person but questioning Beard's coaching acumen based on what he's done as a head coach was idiotic. If BWG would have simply said something like "I recognize Beard is a great coach but I think he's a bad person" nobody would have given him nearly as much shit. 

Some of BWG's takes on recruiting and coaching decisions were why most people couldn't stand him. Especially after he defended Shaka Smart with such passion. 

Yeah the Shaka Smart defense is where he lost me. I'd forgotten about that dipshittery. Dude just hated Beard with a passion and lucked into him being a shitty human.

I knew this kid was dangerous but I was way too lenient in my assessment of him on this board after the incident with his girlfriend because I didn't want to get dog piled.

He's still young enough to be saved as a person but god damn some people are so stupid. All that natural talent to have the world in the palm of your hand if you just focus on basketball instead of being a piece of shit.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:29 AM, cochamps said:

tbf, he cut his girlfriend with the bra fastener.  per DMN story.

There was also the stalking/nonphysical abuse - showing up at her work, hiding/throwing away her keys, threatening her on social media. Numerous red flags pointing to coercive control.  Which is why my first thought was yeah - not at all surprising.

• 5 months later...

Prosecutors dropped a felony rape case against former Kansas basketball player Arterio Morris on Tuesday, citing insufficient evidence while filing a motion in Douglas County District Court to seek its dismissal without prejudice. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39909451/ex-kansas-player-arterio-morris-rape-case-dismissed