3 killed, 8 injured in Michigan High School Shooting

Helobious

30 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

After the 911 calls from the school were reported that day, the mom texted him "Ethan don't do it." I mean, come on, they knew beforehand he was likely planning shit like this

Since that text was after the shooting was happening I'm guessing "don't do it" was only referring to "don't commit suicide" 

It’s clear to me that gun control is not the solution, because it’s too complicated to make guns illegal. We need to treat this a mental health issue. It would be much easier to identify every American teenager harboring resentment or anger and somehow force their inattentive parents to responsibly discourage their kid from shooting a bunch of people with one of the various loose firearms stashed throughout the house.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

It definitely is a mental health issue. Any school or teacher should be able to put kids identified with troubling behavior under a 48 hour mental health hold. After doctors evaluate the child, then they can be released back to their parents. Maybe if it happens again, it’s a week in the mental ward. Etc. probably a good way to keep things in check. 

nothing wrong buying a gun for a responsible HS kid who is sane. I bought a rifle for my 16 YO last yr. He does NOT have access to it though unless I am around.
And that is the difference between a parent doing the right thing and a shitty parent, who can't be bothered to care.

I had my own . 410 single shot and a bolt action . 22 as a kid. If I wanted to use anything else, I had to get permission. At some point my boys will get guns that fit them as kids/minors. They will not have access to my guns until they are grown. And maybe not then. They will be grown enough to buy their own.

5 hours ago, Bravo said:

nothing wrong buying a gun for a responsible HS kid who is sane. I bought a rifle for my 16 YO last yr. He does NOT have access to it though unless I am around.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but these parents thought their kid was sane as well.

It’s a cost of the 2A that we have to accept dead kids from time to time. Sad.

No 15 y.o. needs to have unsupervised access to a firearm in an urban environment. If you live in the country I’ll entertain arguments, but the kid should have to check out the gun from mom or dad and let them know what he intends to do with it.

My daughter got a 10/22 for Christmas when she was 10. My son got a MAS 56 last Christmas at 17. They each had lots of experience shooting other guns we own. Every single one of them is locked in our gun safe, with the key hidden elsewhere.

They each have tromped off into the woods with a gun unsupervised. And the boy and some buddies went to the range unsupervised this summer, all over 18….after I got what they wanted to shoot out of the safe. And the guns went back in when they returned.

It’s not hard.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It definitely is a mental health issue. Any school or teacher should be able to put kids identified with troubling behavior under a 48 hour mental health hold. After doctors evaluate the child, then they can be released back to their parents. Maybe if it happens again, it’s a week in the mental ward. Etc. probably a good way to keep things in check. 

My post was a joke 

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

I may actually be for this and I hate any govt involvement in life. Mental health is seriously one of our biggest issues and it is neglected and never spoke about. 

But apparently turned out to be good bait 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

My daughter got a 10/22 for Christmas when she was 10. My son got a MAS 56 last Christmas at 17. They each had lots of experience shooting other guns we own. Every single one of them is locked in our gun safe, with the key hidden elsewhere.

They each have tromped off into the woods with a gun unsupervised. And the boy and some buddies went to the range unsupervised this summer, all over 18….after I got what they wanted to shoot out of the safe. And the guns went back in when they returned.

It’s not hard.

So they don’t have unsupervised access to your weapons.  Good job, you’re a good parent.  You already knew that.   This dipshit’s parents allowed a freshman in HS to take a 9mm SS to school, and when confronted with evidence that their kid might be crazy, they doubled down on stupid..  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s not hard.

Yeah.  My boy has a gun that is "his" gun (actually he has more than he knows at this point), but I control all access and they know that any sense of possession they may feel will get fucking yanked at a moments notice if I ever see one wrong move that breaks the rules. So far the boy has been interested the most in hunting and plinking, relative to the younger boy and older girl. He did everything right last year wrt demonstrating firearm safety, so this year he got to shoot a deer.  Took one down with his first shot using one of my ARs. Which is a great hunting platform for certain circumstances. 

gunning down redcoats with our 9mm pistols because we didn't want to be subject to the taxation of a monarch across the globe is definitely why our country was founded on ideals of democratic representation, self determination, etc. People remember the Hamilton v Burr duel but they forget when Madison faced off against Hamilton (he chose a glock) to force the adoption of the bill of rights. Shot him in the pinky toe, Hamilton folded like a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Bravo said:

Or just locking up the gun? I have kids and a few guns. All in a safe. Not even my wife knows the code. She would just shoot herself or the kids if she had to use it. 

Probably a good thing that the people who know you personally don't have access to your guns

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

gunning down redcoats with our 9mm pistols because we didn't want to be subject to the taxation of a monarch across the globe is definitely why our country was founded on ideals of democratic representation, self determination, etc. People remember the Hamilton v Burr duel but they forget when Madison faced off against Hamilton (he chose a glock) to force the adoption of the bill of rights. Shot him in the pinky toe, Hamilton folded like a bitch.

C'mon man.  As a guy with a sister with Down's Syndrome...I don't think it's right you should be insulting the mentally retarded posters on this board.  

9mm handguns are what this country was founded upon.  That, and a white, English-speaking Jesus.  

Be a lot cooler if the deer had the revolver.  

My brother hunts exclusively with a bow.  I've been out with him a couple of times, neither of us is a big gun fanatic.  His rationale for the bow is that with the exception of Alaska, "hunting" on a lease with long guns isn't a sport...it's just a waiting game in most parts of the country because either you shoot the deer or it ends up in the parking lot of a Dollar Store.  

My brother hunts exclusively with a bow.  I've been out with him a couple of times, neither of us is a big gun fanatic.  His rationale for the bow is that with the exception of Alaska, "hunting" on a lease with long guns isn't a sport...it's just a waiting game in most parts of the country because either you shoot the deer or it ends up in the parking lot of a Dollar Store.  

Navigating the parking lot of a rural Dollar Genera can be plenty sporting, what with the methheads, confederate cosplayers, and honest people wondering how in the fuck we reached a point where the only grocery choices for thousands of small towns are limited to off-brand stuffing, Mac and cheese, and potted meat.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Navigating the parking lot of a rural Dollar Genera can be plenty sporting, what with the methheads, confederate cosplayers, and honest people wondering how in the fuck we reached a point where the only grocery choices for thousands of small towns are limited to off-brand stuffing, Mac and cheese, and potted meat.

Man, they are on the march across rural America.  Every available food product is a diabetes continuation program or an obesity starter pack.  Let's face it, we should just allow them to sell retail meth at this point.  Why even bother distinguishing between toxins anymore?

And they're starting to do this now:

Ashville Family Dollar, Dollar Tree announces grand opening celebration |  News | annistonstar.com

The branding goal here is to take two turds and mash them together for one mega turd.  But they haven't accurately anticipated just how divisive America is these days.  Eventually the Family Dollar extremists will inevitably clash with the Dollar Tree extremists.  

"Meet me at the Family Dollar."

"You mean the Dollar Tree?"

"No, Goddamnit.  I said the Family Dollar."

"Oh.  The red side?"

"Yes.  The red side.  I don't fuck with the green side.  If you see any green side bastards shoot them on sight."

"I'm actually ambivalent to either the red or green.  I'm kind of a centrist."

"Then lose my number and watch your back.  A fence sitter is the same as a green sider in my eyes.  Lead, follow or get out of the way."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Know a guy whose dad hunts with a spear.  Former special forces of some sort   Every other method bored him.  He’ll stalk an animal for days to get close enough.  Your brother seems like a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Know a guy whose dad hunts with a spear.  Former special forces of some sort   Every other method bored him.  He’ll stalk an animal for days to get close enough.  Your brother seems like a pussy.

Your former special forces guy sounds like a fancy-pantsed dandy.  I just got bored with the stone in a slingshot and have started to train jaguars to capture my prey and bring it to me.  Cooked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

I prefer to use just my bare hands.

Ah, a traditionalist. Aren't you adorable.  I'll be hunting Canadian wolves in January wearing nothing but a loin cloth.  The jaguars don't like the cold but it's my loin cloth that really makes them nervous.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Which one is dollar Target and which is dollar Walmart? Or is it a Waffle House/IHOP thing?

Why You Don't See As Many Taco Bell-Pizza Hut Combo Restaurants Anymore

KFC TACO BELL, Milton - 405 Martin St - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone  Number - Tripadvisor

These days you don't have to travel all over town to get explosive diarrhea.  One stop.  Boom.  You're a firehose.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Nice to see Colonel Trautmann is on Surly.

Edited by hornmpa96

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

That'd make it more of a sport. That said, Pistol Guy is the only guy I know in my home area who hunts with one. The vast majority are squatting in stands sipping whiskey and watching TikTok videos while waiting for some semi-tame animal that has been fed corn half the season to walk up and discover that it is not a pet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2