Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

15 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

I thought (Penders) hated us. 

"Having waited more than 20 years, coach Tom Penders joins Texas legends in Hall of Honor"  (2021)

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/mens-basketball/2021/10/15/texas-basketball-tom-penders-joins-longhorns-legends-hall-honor/8479903002/

https://texassports.com/honors/hall-of-honor/tom-penders/928

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Ok, so lets break this down:

USC: currently has Dart, with the potential of Caleb Williams if Williams doesn't like the coach hire. Coming off a non bowl season. NIL opportuntiy

Aggy: Weigman in the class would be legit competition, very good incoming class. Legit threat, but a 4 loss season in year 4 in Jimbo's shittastic offense. Would Ewers roll the dice again like he did at tOSU and lose to Weigman? Aggy will pony up to get him. Will go to a bowl but underperformed. Will be sold as "the missing piece". NIL opportuntiy.

Tech: Honestly no clue why this is on the list. Nothing realistic to offer. Coming off a non bowl season

OU: Just got gutted of skill talent this year and for next two years. Not sure of coaching situation, doubtful any meaningful relationships with new staff. Will go to a bowl, but with what team? NIL but not at other school's levels.

Texas: Murphy a known project in the class, no established starter. Sarkisian a proven QB coach with some early returns. All American receiver, Heisman contending RB, offensive line a work in progress but top priority this offseason. Flood a known quantity at OL coach. Coming off a non bowl season. Obvious NIL opportunity. 

On paper, this should be a two horse race. But, if I were Ewers, I would not want to go through another legitimate QB competition with a guy in my class and risk sitting another year if I lose and then lose a second year as a transfer. Smart money says he comes to Texas, it makes too much sense. Texas should dangle any amount of NIL it needs to to get this done. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks. Thus made my evening. Hook’em Coach!

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Ok, so lets break this down:

USC: currently has Dart, with the potential of Caleb Williams if Williams doesn't like the coach hire. Coming off a non bowl season. NIL opportuntiy

Aggy: Weigman in the class would be legit competition, very good incoming class. Legit threat, but a 4 loss season in year 4 in Jimbo's shittastic offense. Would Ewers roll the dice again like he did at tOSU and lose to Weigman? Aggy will pony up to get him. Will go to a bowl but underperformed. Will be sold as "the missing piece". NIL opportuntiy.

Tech: Honestly no clue why this is on the list. Nothing realistic to offer. Coming off a non bowl season

OU: Just got gutted of skill talent this year and for next two years. Not sure of coaching situation, doubtful any meaningful relationships with new staff. Will go to a bowl, but with what team? NIL but not at other school's levels.

Texas: Murphy a known project in the class, no established starter. Sarkisian a proven QB coach with some early returns. All American receiver, Heisman contending RB, offensive line a work in progress but top priority this offseason. Flood a known quantity at OL coach. Coming off a non bowl season. Obvious NIL opportunity. 

On paper, this should be a two horse race. But, if I were Ewers, I would not want to go through another legitimate QB competition with a guy in my class and risk sitting another year if I lose and then lose a second year as a transfer. Smart money says he comes to Texas, it makes too much sense. Texas should dangle any amount of NIL it needs to to get this done. 

Black History Month: Monster's Ball and Representation - Blog - The Film  Experience

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

According to this clip, Texas Tech is confident about getting Ewers. They think they have better than 50% chance.

Dodds at end of this video cautions that tOSU also had another "highly rated QB prospect" that didn't work out named "Tate Martell"

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He will compete with Malik but Ewers has a significant jump start on him. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He will compete with Malik but Ewers has a significant jump start on him. 

In no world will Malik be ready to start next year. He has a high ceiling and big time tools but will need a year or two of coaching to even be in the conversation.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

In no world will Malik be ready to start next year. He has a high ceiling and big time tools but will need a year or two of coaching to even be in the conversation.

Yeah I agree. But you always want to have competition. 

2 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

I hope they spend all the nil money on lineman. Ewers reminds me of Mustain. Same character, though he may be a much better QB?! Who knows?!

I do know that our lines looked like sissies after the Tech game, and we need some serious help.

18 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Dave Mustaine?

Live Music Concert GIF by KNOTFEST

image.gifimage.gif.32be889ad6911fd265cd6df49c43f0d0.gif

Edited by Droopy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

This kid is probably going to make more money in the first 2-3 years of his college than the rest of his life.

Seems very bad at making decisions. I am not confident he will make the right choice here - so that means he will probably pick aggy.  

I’d be happy to be wrong about either of my two claims. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, remoh said:

This kid is probably going to make more money in the first 2-3 years of his college than the rest of his life.

Seems very bad at making decisions. I am not confident he will make the right choice here - so that means he will probably pick aggy.  

I’d be happy to be wrong about either of my two claims. 

Who let you back in here?

• Haha 2

Is the SLC OL in the portal, too?

Dude's videos look like Garrett Gilbert and Hudson Card videos where the pocket is as clean as a 7v7 tourney... (Card had some pressure videos and he showed exactly what he did here... try to escape backwards to the right - it works against Bee Caves or Hutto or whatever...)

I never saw the guy play in person, but I've seen this story play out a bunch. Can he play behind an average OL? If so, can we stitch one together?

(I get it, no QB can play behind a bad OL, but we don't give a shit when the season starts. We expect the QB to drop dimes.)

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Do Tom and Judy go to same hairstylist?  

• Haha 1