5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

But now happiness was Lubbock Texas growing nearer and dearer
And the vision was getting clearer in my dream
And I think I finally know just what it means
And when I die you can bury me in Lubbock Texas in my jeans

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Ewers isn’t going to fuck 1,000 girls each year.

A school doesn’t need 5,000 hotties, he just needs 100 to 200. Any state school in the US with more than 10,000 students is going to have some smoking hot girls.

Throw in the recent graduates and the bored housewives and Ewers will been dripping in [underfeated] wherever he is next year. 

Which is why I said the hottest girls at Texas might be hotter. 

Just nitpicking the "on average" claim because I don't think that's true. Of course it probably has little to do with where Ewers plays. 

41 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Short North bar and restaurant district in Columbus is a damn good time. And German Village has some good charm with the cobblestone streets 

It's one of the most vibrant places for Ohio's homosexuals.  Not saying that's bad.  Not saying it's good.  Just putting it out there.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Kids from DFW who go to Tech, love it. Why?

because it's 300 miles from mom and dad.

and Lubbock is a great college town.  I just didn't want to live there afterwards.  Still don't.  

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I mean…can Ewers line dance? All kidding aside, I know most have been upset with the QB play this season (I do think had Casey not busted his hand in the OU game we’d have more wins) but is this guy “the one?” I understand all the NIL stuff and he has made some money—good for him…but is he the type to bail on us in a bowl game should we get him? I realize everyone seems to want him badly…is it all about money for him? Like will whatever college that gets him—is he about the winning?  I hope so. If we wind up with him. It’s not a criticism per se…I’m just very leery about thinking he will save the program/ be very loyal to it while he’s there. Jmo. Carryon jizzing in the Ewers jugs…

Well I once got married thinking of "the one" and failed miserably, so if I can take that risk on something that big Sark sure can on a two year QB. 

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Well I once got married thinking of "the one" and failed miserably, so if I can take that risk on something that big Sark sure can on a two year QB. 

I feel like this is disjointed. Apples and oranges. What offense has he run since HS? Is he the type to study, buckle down and prepare? Evidence of that? Not trying to throw shade on the young man but what evidence is there he can be good in college? Spend time making himself and his team better? Or does he expect to just show up and play? Cuz it doesn't really work that way. Ya...I am a downer on all the Ewers talk. Show me your ability...instead of just asking for the money. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I feel like this is disjointed. Apples and oranges. What offense has he run since HS? Is he the type to study, buckle down and prepare? Evidence of that? Not trying to throw shade on the young man but what evidence is there he can be good in college? Spend time making himself and his team better? Or does he expect to just show up and play? Cuz it doesn't really work that way. Ya...I am a downer on all the Ewers talk. Show me your ability...instead of just asking for the money. 

He’s got a world-class arm.  Probably the best I’ve ever seen.  That can be enough in college.  Maybe he’s a headcase.  If he is, you’re 10-2.  If he’s not, you’re competing for the playoffs assuming something resembling competence on defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, conVINCEd said:

We can get there with a couple of portal guys and a couple recruits.  Not elite, but competent.

I hope so. Cuz pretty much every team in our conference got a bowl game this year. And even though Kansas did not. Don't sleep on them. Their coach can coach. 

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Y'all are a bunch of titty-babies. Lubbock is far better than Columbus.

There are literally only two things Lubbock has going for it over Columbus:

- an above average number of sluts who are DTF

- it's in Texas

But I'll concur that while both are nice places to visit to varying degrees, I'm glad I live in neither.

Edited by orangebird

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, this doesn't seem great if we don't get Ewers.  I'm sure Card and Casey are thrilled their best receiver wants a new qb.

I thought about that but that's a bitch way to read it. This guy will be a RS fresh. Casey is legit if healthy and will have a big edge on QE bit will be a senior. Card is mentally shit so it's up to him to learn how to pull the trigger. QE's presence makes the team better. A freshman WR wants a non-project freshman QB? No wai!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

He’s got a world-class arm.  Probably the best I’ve ever seen.  That can be enough in college.  Maybe he’s a headcase.  If he is, you’re 10-2.  If he’s not, you’re competing for the playoffs assuming something resembling competence on defense.

And if he's the former he sharpens Malik and whoever else sticks around to try and beat him in camp. 

I mean we haven't had a stacked QB room in... shit, since before I was born at least. If one 5 star doesn't work out toss the other 5 star or high 4 star project in there and see what happens. That's how you win in today's version of cfb and say what you want about Sark he understands that. 

Maybe all of this blows up in our face and we look just as stupid as ever but fuck it if we aren't trying right now. 

Texas isn't going to suck forever. Someone will figure it out and/or someone will come along that's just too god-damn good to not inspire a couple teams to get back to pipe hitting nut dragging football.

Ewers might be that kid. If he isn't - fuck it - shake the 8 ball again. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Kids got somewhat of a Simms type arm but probably more accurate.  He can make all the throws either from the pocket or while on the move.  He doesn't have happy feet but is quick enough to pick up yards on the ground if the opportunity is there...  With him behind center with worthy being the threat he is, Bijan would have tons of daylight because he consistently hits receivers in stride with the deep ball. He's quick at finding targets and getting rid of the ball.  Even after missing half his senior year due to an injury, he was still the number one overall recruit in his class and is considered one of the best all time.  It seems the only reason he hit the portal is because after the season the OSU QB had this year, there won't be an open battle for the spot going into spring.  So him transferring is understandable because as long as he lives up to his potential, he should easily be a high first rounder, if not the #1 overall when he declares. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I guess my Uncle Bill is in the hospital. Non-responsive. 

Damn, Nicole. I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I enjoyed your tales of watching the games with him last weekend. Those are some fine memories to have. I hope for strength and peace for you both, and for your family, and that the coming day's news is better. 

• Hook 'Em 4