2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

20 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Living next door to SLC in Keller I have seen QE play multiple times both against Keller and several others.  The kid is fucking talented, there is absolutely no doubt about that.  Also he faced HS teams (not necessarily Keller) that did not just roll over and die and still really fucking talented.  He is super accurate (think he threw like 7-8 picks in his career vs 70ish+ TDs).  The best thing I always saw is that his accuracy did not wane when he was on the move....so that ability to extend plays that we so sorely missed with HC and CT should be there even if next year's line is only marginally improved.  Will he still have to adjust to the college game?  Absolutely but he's got all the physical tools in spades, and while it isn't Texas you're nuts if you don't think he had plenty of expectations to live with at SLC.  

Is he arrogant?  You bet your ass he's arrogant, he works officials (for a HS player) he got on teammates in games etc.  I like that shit in a QB. My daughter is a freshman at UT so in theory a class older than QE but the word was he "dated" his way around SLC and Keller girls, but then again how many of you guys wouldn't fucking do that in the same spot.  Major Applewhite is beloved and he fucked a Vic special while married so who gives a fuck. 

The material is there....get to fucking work Sark. 

Anybody worth a shit at anything is usually at least a little arrogant whether they admit it or not.

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Living next door to SLC in Keller I have seen QE play multiple times both against Keller and several others.  The kid is fucking talented, there is absolutely no doubt about that.  Also he faced HS teams (not necessarily Keller) that did not just roll over and die and still really fucking talented.  He is super accurate (think he threw like 7-8 picks in his career vs 70ish+ TDs).  The best thing I always saw is that his accuracy did not wane when he was on the move....so that ability to extend plays that we so sorely missed with HC and CT should be there even if next year's line is only marginally improved.  Will he still have to adjust to the college game?  Absolutely but he's got all the physical tools in spades, and while it isn't Texas you're nuts if you don't think he had plenty of expectations to live with at SLC.  

Is he arrogant?  You bet your ass he's arrogant, he works officials (for a HS player) he got on teammates in games etc.  I like that shit in a QB. My daughter is a freshman at UT so in theory a class older than QE but the word was he "dated" his way around SLC and Keller girls, but then again how many of you guys wouldn't fucking do that in the same spot.  Major Applewhite is beloved and he fucked a Vic special while married so who gives a fuck. 

The material is there....get to fucking work Sark. 

Daughter's pic not loading

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Major Applewhite is beloved and he fucked a Vic special while married so who gives a fuck. 

You ever had a real big booty latina throw it back on your dick on a cool winter night in San Antonio? Watch your mouth the next time you speak on Major if you haven’t experienced that delight. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The mental scouting report I received from a friend who has a couple of kids at SLC was this: “my daughter had a couple of classes with him.  They’re in the same grade.  Ok kid.  Your average stud Hs qb.  Confident.  Not a rocket scientist.  Arrogant, but gets shit done.  Not sure I would want him to date my daughter, but he can be the qb for my college team every day of the week and twice on Sunday.”

Yeah well maybe Quinn doesn't want to date his daughter. 

• Haha 1

“Give me a guy with his jaw stuck out, his shirt sleeves rolled up and who swaggers when he walks. I know it’s Harry High School, but if I have to make a choice I’ll take the cocky, over-confident, conceited kid over the one who has so much humility he can’t look you in the eye.” - Darrell Royal

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

“Give me a guy with his jaw stuck out, his shirt sleeves rolled up and who swaggers when he walks. I know it’s Harry High School, but if I have to make a choice I’ll take the cocky, over-confident, conceited kid over the one who has so much humility he can’t look you in the eye.” - Darrell Royal

Lulz yeah cuz Frank Medina was gonna rid them of that cocky over-confidence after workout #1…whether they died from dehydration or heat stroke was up to them….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ousux said:
7 hours ago, texifornia said:
Yeah, they're both good QBs (Weigman seems more special than Klubnik to me), but preferring one of them to one of the two all-time 1.000 recruits just because he couldn't displace a Heisman finalist as a freshman seems weird.

That isn't my reasoning at all, I never expected Ewers to take the QB spot in '21, and with tOSU's QB room, even significant playing time in '22 wasnt a given. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell he chose us when I can't think of a single team that would tell him no if he expressed some interest. My concerns with Ewers are mostly character related, (not based on any info that isnt apparent to a casual observer) he seems to have the physical skills. It's just unknown how he will respond to basically living up to the expectations not just from the perfect rating given him by the so called "experts", but also a very impatient fanbase that's quick to turn on players who struggle a bit at times..especially QB.

one of your preferred QBs chose to become an Aggy. Checkmate loser

17 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Let's be honest here. If he portaled to another team, we'd think he has at least a little douche in him. I'm sure fans of of other schools think so--and I'm OK with that. Can't wait until the spring game.

You know what Super Bill Bradley would say. 

• Hook 'Em 4

The thing that impressed me the times I saw Quin in person is that he gets the game.  The guy is a football player,  he knows what is going on around him.  Stuff you can't coach.    

The object is to move the ball towards the end zone and he does that every time he gets the snap.  The right mentality to go along with great skills.  

People that haven't seen him play are going to like what they see. 

Edited by Laga4
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Last year, I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So when there i am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece and who walks in but Quinn Ewers. I was nervous as fuck, and just kept looking at him, as he read a magazine and waited, but didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Quinn, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Quinn put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.

The odds of this being true were the same odds ten years ago of Garrett Gilbert one day starting an NFL game on a Tuesday. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Ewers throws a tight fucking spiral from any and all angles with extreme velocity and accuracy. That is way easier said than done. Go outside and sling a few around and let me know how it worked out for you. You can't teach that shit. It just happens. The dude is gifted and he knows it. Go sling it young man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

While this thread is active, couple of film questions:

1. Has anyone watched any good breakdowns on what makes Quinn so special? Like obviously he immediately passes the eye test, but I'd love to watch an in-depth analysis by someone who really knows their shit.

2. Are there any expansive compilations of his junior year highlights that aren't those stupid sideline cam views? Seems like all the traditional press box film on him is from his sophomore year. 

19 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

1. Has anyone watched any good breakdowns on what makes Quinn so special? Like obviously he immediately passes the eye test, but I'd love to watch an in-depth analysis by someone who really knows their shit.

2. Are there any expansive compilations of his junior year highlights that aren't those stupid sideline cam views? Seems like all the traditional press box film on him is from his sophomore year. 

I'm suddenly thinking it's his mammary glands

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There it is. 

Always loved this one. Not going to change the names on the off chance someone related to the program comes across this. 

I'm not gay but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Russell Wilson. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him tighten his ass as he chops wood, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and masturbate, the entire time forcing myself to think of women while my thoughts drift back to Russell. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then he'll go inside, pen a brief missive to his departed friend, and commit suicide, never able to deal with life without his one true platonic love.

Do all NFL starting QBs have erotica written about them? I want to read Garrett Gilbert’s

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

We have had opposite experiences with Quinn. I saw Quinn Ewers at HEB on Beecave yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I had heard he shoulder chhecked you.

8 hours ago, trythisathome said:

He missed a lot of his junior year but came back early from sports hernia surgery for the playoff run.

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

We have had opposite experiences with Quinn. I saw Quinn Ewers at HEB on Beecave yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

In Quinn's defense, he probably thought you were Tom Herman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

What the fuck have I stumbled into?  Saw some movement on this topic, checked in… now I am going to have weird dreams about Ewers and Russell Wilson banging or not banging in a cabin

fuck this shit

QE wrote the Russell Wilson fanfic? 

11 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Last year, I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So when there i am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece and who walks in but Quinn Ewers. I was nervous as fuck, and just kept looking at him, as he read a magazine and waited, but didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Quinn, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Quinn put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.

This is one of the funniest things I’ve read on this site. Bravo

10 hours ago, trythisathome said:

I am far from an expert, but the one thing that jumped out to me was his ability to get through his reads. I would bet Hudson Card's highlights showed amazing arm talent. Maalik Murphy shows stupid arm talent in his highlights. Arm talent has been getting people fired for years. It is NFL GM Kryptonite. Ewers ability to read the field starts early at :47 when he is scanning to the right and comes back to the left. Even the the shitty throw at 5:48 is something I didnt see Texas QB's do this year. Goes from the right to left and completes a pass while taking a hit. I am sure there are plays where he had 1/2 field reads, but I counted 7 plays where he started his reads on 1 side of the field and hit a WR on the other side. Some of that might have been play design, but overall it looked high level for a HS kid to me. He also gets the ball out in a hurry. 

• Hook 'Em 3