Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

I wouldn't say his immigration policy has been all that successful.

White America vastly overestimates the importance of immigration and underestimates the range of views on immigration within the “Latino” community, which is really several different communities.

Yes.  Biden is being successfully pinned with $5 gas, inflationary price increases for everything, housing unaffordability, stock market reactions to rising interest rates, company downsizing in response to recession fears, baby formula shortages, etc...  64% of the people in this country have zero savings and are living paycheck to paycheck.  They are experiencing severe economic pain and are being told Biden is why.  For his part, Biden has not effectively given them a reason to believe that he understands their pain and will improve it.
There are going to be a shit ton of voters in 2022 and 2024 who are going to vote for any alternative to the status quo based solely on the fact they are now struggling to afford the standard of living that they have been used to.

Well said. It is outright incorrect to lay this at Biden’s feat, but the administration has neither effectively communicated that nor done anything of substance in the past, I don’t know, year?
  • Hook 'Em 2

“I mean, we had a chance to build a better future for America, but in 2010 we threw it all away. 

Because we were disappointed and mad because the guy we elected didn't get it all done in two years. 

If you do to Joe Biden what you did to Barack Obama, we are all of us screwed.”
-Stonekettle

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

No more trolling in this thread. Last warning or you get CR posting taken away. If you want to participate then participate. If not just don’t comment. 

it was supposed to be light hearted, based on the "end the pandemic" joke.  Please delete.

Edited by Incredulity

Overall I have been happy with the Biden admin considering the context.  But this move to try to redefine the word “recession” is really fucking stupid.  Not as bad as taking a sharpie and extending out the path of a hurricane on a map, but close.  Just take the fucking medicine and try to provide context as much as possible: yes, we are in a recession, but unemployment is still very very low and inflation is leveling.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Overall I have been happy with the Biden admin considering the context.  But this move to try to redefine the word “recession” is really fucking stupid.  Not as bad as taking a sharpie and extending out the path of a hurricane on a map, but close.  Just take the fucking medicine and try to provide context as much as possible: yes, we are in a recession, but unemployment is still very very low and inflation is leveling.

It's said over and over that the dems have to play the same games. So yeah it's stupid, but it's part of the dumbass games we've created to appeal to the most braindead people who are allowed to vote. Same with his social media stuff last week about falling gas prices. We know he doesn't control that, and he may have played some influence to help a little bit, but he has to push back against the morons and their little brandon stickers are the pumps. Because we are surrounded by absolute idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The National Bureau of Economic Research makes the distinction. 300-400k job gains a month make it difficult to call. 

I’ll assume they won’t call it and Republicans will now have another addition to the list of politicized institutions that get them pissy.

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Because we are surrounded by absolute idiots

And unfortunately the idiots wont stop being idiots. As a country, we are churning them out at a faster pace every year. Science and education are being replaced by religion and social media. I dont know how you combat that. Herschel Walker a senator? Fuck me, lulz. Once we reach that point, there's nothing worth saving. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It's said over and over that the dems have to play the same games. So yeah it's stupid, but it's part of the dumbass games we've created to appeal to the most braindead people who are allowed to vote. Same with his social media stuff last week about falling gas prices. We know he doesn't control that, and he may have played some influence to help a little bit, but he has to push back against the morons and their little brandon stickers are the pumps. Because we are surrounded by absolute idiots. 

If he’s going to be blamed for everything wrong, can he blamed for taking credit when something improves?

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

If he’s going to be blamed for everything wrong, can he blamed for taking credit when something improves?

Yup, he kind of has to. If people are blaming him for rising gas prices, he has to take credit when they drop, even though a bunch of us know both are horseshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why is CNN reporting on Hunter fucking Biden?  He owes a ton of taxes apparently, but why does this matter? 

Replace Hunter Biden's name with Donald Trump Jr.. Would you make the same post?

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yup, he kind of has to. If people are blaming him for rising gas prices, he has to take credit when they drop, even though a bunch of us know both are horseshit.

That's Putin's price drop

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Replace Hunter Biden's name with Donald Trump Jr.. Would you make the same post?

When Hunter actually starts grifting taxpayers in cahoots with his father, get back to me.

https://www.salon.com/2017/06/07/trump-family-grift-is-getting-worse-eric-and-donald-jr-resurface-with-a-discount-hotel-scam/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/09/ivanka-eric-don-jr-trump-secret-service-taxpayer-funded

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Spoiler Alert:  He won't.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The Biden family has been grifting the American taxpayers for decades. Fuck off with that nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why is CNN reporting on Hunter fucking Biden?  He owes a ton of taxes apparently, but why does this matter? 

Because I have been told repeatedly that the lamestream media never reports on Hunter Biden.

ETA:  it's a pretty good defense, actually.  It makes clear that Hunter's tax problems are his alone, and that nothing verified from the laptop proves Joey Two Scoops had anything to do with anything.

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 minutes ago, maninblack said:

It took them 2 years but better late than never i guess

Because it took that long to partially verify the contents of the laptop.  As soon as they were, it was reported.

I mean, this is the motherfucker that brought it in, without observing any kind of chain of custody or data integrity.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-31-at-10.35.40-AM.jp

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because it took that long to partially verify the contents of the laptop.  As soon as they were, it was reported.

I mean, this is the motherfucker that brought it in, without observing any kind of chain of custody or data integrity.

Reddit did it pretty easily 😂

1 hour ago, shakahorn said:

All you have to do is look at his tax returns for the past 20+ years to see this is not true.

This is the Kingpin Tobacco argument.

Who's done more research than the good people at the American Tobacco Industry? They say its harmless. Why would they lie? If you're dead, you cant smoke.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm in consumer retail and the customer is strong to quite strong.  Every single major retailer is doing well.  All of the suppliers are doing well.  Airlines are packed.  Disney is packed.

People downscale are struggling but that's not 64%.  People think "severe pain" is because they're putting $4 gas into their Tahoe.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-buy-becomes-the-latest-retailer-to-badly-whiff-on-profits-as-recession-fears-rise-220424356.html

Not to take a victory lap, but we were right and you were…wrong. Most people in this thread don’t get what is happening and that’s fine, you are in a different bubble that isn’t popping, for most Americans the bubble has popped. 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, immamac said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-buy-becomes-the-latest-retailer-to-badly-whiff-on-profits-as-recession-fears-rise-220424356.html

Not to take a victory lap, but we were right and you were…wrong. Most people in this thread don’t get what is happening and that’s fine, you are in a different bubble that isn’t popping, for most Americans the bubble has popped. 

Best Buy is down because literally everyone bought a computer in 2020 and 2021.  Market saturation is a thing.  Same thing is happening in outdoor living/home improvement.  People gonna buy a grill every year?  Um, no.

Meanwhile, every single retailer and supplier is posting strong numbers.  Let me know when people stop paying $20 for a burrito at Chipotle.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

The National Bureau of Economic Research makes the distinction. 300-400k job gains a month make it difficult to call. 

I’ll assume they won’t call it and Republicans will now have another addition to the list of politicized institutions that get them pissy.

Just shows how truly shitty republicans are. Their motto should be party over country. I roll my eyes when they talk about being the party of family values, the party of law and order, and the party of the military.

By actively rooting for a recession ( which would inflict pain and suffering on many of those Republican voters who live in a trailer, work at war mart, and vote R because owning the libs is fun) they prove that they truly don’t give a shit about this country or the people in it. 

I don’t really care if we call it a recession or not. If we do, we’ve learned that effective policies can transform circumstances from a global depression to a “recession” in which contraction is something like 1.5% of GDP and job and wage growth are strong. 

Yes, inflation is hurting people, but I doubt anyone here thinks things would be better for most people if the government had done nothing in response to covid’s economic impacts.

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

by "here" you mean CR and not DT, right?

I don't think even Johnny Sack would actually think things would be better for most Americans if the government had done nothing. Better for he and some of his friends maybe, but not most people. He'd probably lie and say otherwise, of course.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon