SOTU ‘22 (1 Mar) Thread of Awesomeness/Malarkey

TheStoicPaisano

Just curious, does any of the networks have host that go on the campaign trail and rally for a candidate on stage like Hannity did for Trump? Also have numerous host that talk daily with POTUS offering advise.

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You’re talking to a puppet. 

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Plus, everyone knows Ernie was the brains of that partnership.

Hey fuck you both!!! I have feelings you know!!

Edited by BERT
Plural feelings, I have more than one. I think
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Proud of Biden standing up for trans people, otherwise a forgettable speech oblivious to some of our real threats (voting rights, white nationalism/fascism). 

Speech was clearly written by focus group tested poll nerds. 

He spoke about voting rights being infringed upon by new state laws and we should pass two different voting rights acts in the Senate.  

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Who wakes up worrying about what the government is going to do to you today?

Yo, dawg, I heard you like taxes, so we added some tax to your taxes so you can get taxed while you Texas.

Edited by Gravy Train

Hillbillies gonna hillbilly

Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert heckled Joe Biden throughout his State of the Union speech, yelling “build the wall, build the wall” as the president discussed immigration.

The pair continued throughout the entire address; starting by appearing to turn their backs as the president entered the chamber and continuing through tweets, shouts and personal attacks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/state-of-union-attending-mtg-boebert-b2026381.html

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Proud of Biden standing up for trans people, otherwise a forgettable speech oblivious to some of our real threats (voting rights, white nationalism/fascism). 

Speech was clearly written by focus group tested poll nerds. 

hugo, fresh off a little trip to twitter, comes to surly to share his thoughts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert heckled Joe Biden throughout his State of the Union speech, yelling “build the wall, build the wall” as the president discussed immigration.

The pair continued throughout the entire address; starting by appearing to turn their backs as the president entered the chamber and continuing through tweets, shouts and personal attacks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/state-of-union-attending-mtg-boebert-b2026381.html

00905C3A-7711-43F9-816E-9083B101A0FA.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

At least we now know who should have the C4 explosives strapped on when we finally decide to meet pooty.  

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Also, why the fuck is there a "response" to the SOTU?  As if we aren't polarized enough.  Has this always been a thing?

yes.  typically the other party either platforms somebody influential or a rising star.

republicans went...a different way.

I know it won’t happen and I will use the Republicans as an example since they are the opposition party right now but this goes for the Dem oppositions when a Republican is the President.  After the SOTU speech how hard is it to say, “We don’t agree with all of their ideas but there are 5 things we agree with and we want to work on those items to help the American people”.  If you listen to the Iowa governor she painted Biden and the dems as evil and all their ideas are bad for the country.  I mean when he says “let’s lower the price of Rx drugs” maybe the Republicans can say that’s a good idea and will help all Americans so let’s work on that.  

I will add, and maybe others know more about this, but once the R’s took control of the Senate during the Obama years how many laws did they pass or was 100% obstruction?  So far in the first year of Biden’s presidency have they agreed to any laws being passed to help the American people?  Maybe they have as I don’t pay real close attention to this so please let me know.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Patron said:

Just curious, does any of the networks have host that go on the campaign trail and rally for a candidate on stage like Hannity did for Trump? Also have numerous host that talk daily with POTUS offering advise.

How about MSNBC and Al Sharpton

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2014/04/10/301458435/obama-and-al-sharpton-an-odd-couple-who-make-political-sense

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cool, so aside from pure politics, no reason?

I believe I was wrong about Obama. I think it was his speech at a Democratic National Convention that launched him. I can’t recall for sure so I edited my reply.

But the response has existed for as long as I can recall. And it’s a purely political exercise. It’s kind of like how they go on the Sunday morning talk shows to peddle their message. And the Republicans are more full of shit this century than I remember anyone being in the past, starting with how they had multiple cabinet members and even VP Dick Cheney selling the Iraq War with the canned line, “We don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.”

Yeah, they’re mostly forgettable. I tuned out after a minute or so of that bullshit tonight. But then for a party that supported Donald Trump they don’t really have a leg to stand on when it comes to criticizing anyone for anything. 

51 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Who wakes up worrying about what the government is going to do to you today?

Whenever the Republicans are in charge I’ve learned that I’m going to get screwed somehow. I might not wake up worrying about it but I go to bed thinking, “Motherfuckers.”

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

2 of the most pathetic ignorant so called humans on earth. They’re vapor, worthless. They offer nothing regarding human decency and they have zero intelligence. Every person in their district should be embarrassed to have them represent them.  

My representative is Beth Van Duyne.  So I've got my own problems that I need to fix before I worry about the neanderthals in other people's districts.

maxresdefault.jpg

Who is your US Rep?

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes, clearly.  There was a significant segment who disappeared.  Interesting.  

Everyone is still around, a bunch in the DT Ukraine thread.  We’re just all cozied up together to say FUCK RUSSIA for a bit. And once they get their ass kicked, we can get back to arguing about the mostly bullshit problems we have here.  

• Hook 'Em 1