Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Pierce may just be saying fuck it at this point. We already got what we wanted out of this trip. 

I mean it’s only 3-1 with some pop on the bench and like every arm available in the pen. Plus it’s not the 7th yet. We always seem to put up a crooked number in the 7th

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I mean it’s only 3-1 with some pop on the bench and like every arm available in the pen. Plus it’s not the 7th yet. We always seem to put up a crooked number in the 7th

I'm not saying this isn't winnable - just that DP doesn't seem interested in selling out to try and win it. 

It's still early in the season. I'm OK with Pierce sacrificing a game (not that this one is over yet) to see what his young pitchers can do against a good team. Watching them play against A&M Kingsville doesn't tell him much. Win or lose, this game has zero consequences. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Mo Horn said:

It's still early in the season. I'm OK with Pierce sacrificing a game (not that this one is over yet) to see what his young pitchers can do against a good team. Watching them play against A&M Kingsville doesn't tell him much. Win or lose, this game has zero consequences. 

yeah, but it would be nice to be 56-0

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mo Horn said:

This makes more sense than the other response.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Why would you throw them into the 6ft end of the pool when you can throw them into the kiddy end 2 weeks from now. Learn to walk before you run

This game isn’t the end of the world but see if these kids can command the ball and mow down Incarnate Ward first then once they do that then throw them out there against quality competition 

Edited by chase25

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yeah, only down 2 runs through 5 innings and didn't start Witt...

Horns needed some adversity -- Let's Fuckin' Go !!! 🤘

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Why would you throw them into the 6ft end of the pool when you can throw them into the kiddy end 2 weeks from now. Learn to walk before you run

To see what they’re made of. It’s not that hard to understand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not saying this isn't winnable - just that DP doesn't seem interested in selling out to try and win it. 

Not saying he should or shouldn’t but I don’t mind it with 5 games this upcoming week. Silas and Daly need a break. And this is a great game to give Schuessler and some of the other bullpen arms some reps. Legit top 20 team. Let em see some real competition. And have Silas and Daly rested up for a 2 game set with Texas state we definitely have to win. Can’t lose to mediocre teams like that. Then South Carolina. @TrashMaster G has got us there. With his magic, we got 2 out of 3 easy. But yeah I’m cool using this as a semi scrimmage 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Not saying he should or shouldn’t but I don’t mind it with 5 games this upcoming week. Silas and Daly need a break. And this is a great game to give Schuessler and some of the other bullpen arms some reps. Legit top 20 team. Let em see some real competition. And have Silas and Daly rested up for a 2 game set with Texas state we definitely have to win. Can’t lose to mediocre teams like that. Then South Carolina. @TrashMaster G has got us there. With his magic, we got 2 out of 3 easy. But yeah I’m cool using this as a semi scrimmage 

Christ...I didn't realize we were doing another two game mid week thingy.